Agent Provocateur (2000)

Year of Launch2000

HouseAgent Provocateur
Parent CompanyInter Parfums

About Agent Provocateur

In 2005, to celebrate the 10th anniversary of the UK based lingerie company, Agent Provocateur launched a 1,000ml version of this fragrance, limited to 300 bottles at $775 each.
For those who find 1000ml a little too much, you'll be pleased to know it is available in 100ml and 200ml.

Agent Provocateur fragrance notes

Reviews of Agent Provocateur

An intense rose scent. In the first few minutes I get vetiver, cedar, magnolia, and gardenia, in addition to the rose. It settles down with more rose, saffron, and jasmine. A little goes a long way. The rose smells realistic, to me. It's a cheery but, unsubtle fragrance. You'd better like rose to wear this one.
16th June, 2017
Today i have tried Agent Provocateur.

After reading Bavard's impressions i was expecting something really good.

The opening was a combination of an ordinary rose and something "peculiar" to my nose, not very inviting, that settled down really quick which was good.
The perfume descriptions mention saffron but that had nothing to do with the saffron i know since childhood.
After that i could only sense the rose with a very linear evolution. It reminded me at some point, just a bit, of Iquitos but the two of them are playing in 2 different categories Iquitos being a few light years ahead of AP. Then about 2-3 hours later the rose remains the same but there was an acidic note, kind like a watered down vinegar, which irritated my nose by sniffing giving me the feeling of getting stitched with fine needles. This lasted about 2 hours and i didn't enjoy this part. I could not detect the y-lang at all, neither the amber or the vetiver notes which supposedly build the base of the perfume. About 4-5 hours later the perfume was not detectable on my skin.
Not something i would buy.

MM
08th June, 2017
This is a complex fragrance. The initial blast is slightly alarming, with what feels like an off note, especially compared to what someone might expect from the pink bottle, but as it settles, it's gripping and addictive. The flowers are competing with gamy notes, mostly saffron I gather, and the flowers in this are likely on the gamy side themselves.

It settles into the main accord within a few minutes, and it's strong and intriguing enough to create a mild physiological euphoria.
25th May, 2017
I blindly purchased this years ago. I remember that all it reminded me of was a hair perm solution. I kept trying to wear this but with my body chemistry it did not work. I was at work one day and a friend of mine asked me if I could smell perm solution! I couldn't believe it but this on my skin gave off such a strong sulfuric scent. Very strange as I have never worn any perfume that smelled so rancid on me. I did purchase this from a reputable place. It has enormous sillage and does last a good amount of the day but sadly I ended up giving it away.
17th November, 2016
Goes on a little fume-y, but dries down into something very sensual without being dark. Musky, without being deep. Flowery without being powdery (a death sentence for me) and sweet without being candy like.

I very much enjoyed this, and would recommend it to others.
19th July, 2016
rbaker Show all reviews
Rose and saffron are in the leading roles here, with the rose playing the first violin, and at an early stage the floral notes break through - on my skin his is clearly a mainly floral composition, initially with a bit of an aldehydic accompaniment that suits the rose well. This is not a deep, dark, fervent and velvety rose, but more a rose exuding elegance, playfulness and light-heartedness.

The floral notes developing are mainly in the drydown, are a light and bright geranium, blending well with the rose, ylang-ylang and jasmin. In spite of this potpourri this is never really a sweet fragrance on me, and the musk added in the base is not a very sweet version either. The coda of this composition is a light and mild amber impression that fades out gracefully into the end.

The performance is good, with moderate sillage, good projection and six hours of longevity on my skin.

This is an interesting daytime spring scent, also good for warmer autumn days, and some the of combinations of notes are quite unusual and implemented quite creatively. Nothing groundbreaking but solid. 3.25/5

08th February, 2016

Add your review of Agent Provocateur

Shop for Agent Provocateur products online

Shop for Agent Provocateur at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Agent Provocateur

Member images of Agent Provocateur

There are no member images of Agent Provocateur yet. Why not be the first?