Sung (1986)

PackagingPierre Dinand
Parent CompanyElizabeth Arden Inc
Parent Company at launchRiviera Concepts

About Sung

Sung is a feminine perfume by Alfred Sung. The scent was launched in 1986 and the bottle was designed by Pierre Dinand

Reviews of Sung

Reminded me right away of White Shoulders, which my mother used to wear. Starts very sharp, feminine and floral. I consider this a big, sweet scent to be used sparingly.

It softens after a couple hours very nicely, and just makes me happy. It lasts about 5 hours or so on my skin.
13th November, 2014
A floral I like!

Just got my EDT from Amazon today. I haven't worn this in years, and it smells a bit different than I remember; perhaps my chemistry has changed. It is still lovely, though, and it still puts a smile on my face - it is a good perfume to feel cheerful. I used to wear this to work as a dishwasher, and it always made me smile. I don't have the chemistry for most florals, which is sad because I like them and there are so many, but this is one I can wear. If anyone knows how to find the EDP, please tell me!

Pros: Decent sillage, reliable, uplifting
Cons: Hard to find the EDP"

11th October, 2013
The top notes influence the whole olfactory fatigue as this juice smells till the end of the trip more fruity and resinous (almost ripe) than properly floral. The bouquet of flowers is central and indiscernible in its single elements by a lait nose but what jumps in a while on mind (something lasting till the end) is a resinous and aromatic similar apricot/coconut taste elicited by the interaction from gummy galbanum, coriander (a touch of mint??), mellow peaches (pears yet?) ylang-ylang and orange over a mossy/vanillic base. The begining introduces a touch of almost masculine toilette type of vibe with hints of bergamot and mossy lavender but the feel is evanescent as a meteor because the mellifluence is yet ready to smoulder and erupt. The perfumed agreement of all those dense and resinous elements (vanilla, ripe fruits, mature floral leaves, galbanum, musk and moss) turns the smell out almost syrupy, "saccharosical" and "jammy". A touch of animalic pattens and earthy/grassy elements locks the round of this particular masculine coming from the abysses of the past. The dry down is a bit too much greasy and synthetic for my pleasure. The most appropriate word to define this fragrance? I would say "gummy". Reminiscences of the classic feminine Gloria Vanderbilt and Anais Anais Cacharel. For a daring woman not shy to wear synthetic in the age of more natural perfumes.
04th December, 2012 (last edited: 20th September, 2015)
This is very green and somewhat mossy on me, not a good combination. I also found it to be sharp and chemical. It was one of those 80s perfumes everybody wore and you wanted to also, but I couldn't bring myself to spend my hard earned cash on this rancid stuff.
02nd September, 2012
I have a mini of what is probably reformulated Sung.

If I'm at home & feeling a bit silly I enjoy a drop of it...a suggestion of spring flowers in the hyacinth & lemony notes.

However, I dislike lily of the valley or muguet, so this note (or chemical equivalent) stops me from using this scent.
06th July, 2012
I remember my best friend from high school had this on her vanity back when everyone else had Sunflowers and Tresor on theirs. I used to snoop around in her collection as our tastes ran similar. Sung was my favorite in her collection. I believe I even used up her bottle and tried to offer up a rancid bottle of Primo (Kmart’s answer to Giorgio Beverly Hills) in exchange. She was a true friend—she forgave both my overindulgence with her bottle of Sung and my reparations in the form of an insult-in-a-bottle. Fast forward about fifteen years. I had long forgotten the name of my friend’s emptied bottle but I knew the scent immediately. It was about time for a long overdue reunion.

Sung is a very verdant white floral that I cannot help but associate with white lace. To be exact, I smell lily-of-the-valley first and foremost, sweetened by other white flowers and grounded by woods. It dries down smelling of soft and powdery white flowers, a real gem among rocks for white floral lovers. It has real tenacious staying power and it is quite the sillage monster, a quality many contemporary fragrances lack. It is as precious, as romantic, and as much an anachronism as lacy gloves. It is a fragrance that may seem a bit out of place these days but it will endure fads and whims of the present and find its place among the classics.
09th May, 2012

Add your review of Sung

Shop for Sung products online

Shop for Sung at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Sung

Member images of Sung

There are no member images of Sung yet. Why not be the first?