Shi (2000)

PackagingJerome Dinand
Parent CompanyElizabeth Arden Inc
Parent Company at launchRiviera Concepts

About Shi

Shi is a feminine perfume by Alfred Sung. The scent was launched in 2000 and the bottle was designed by Jerome Dinand

Shi fragrance notes

Reviews of Shi

Not for me

I read about this a while back and bought it. Was disappointed in the absence of lush or sensual notes -- nothing woody, no Jasmine. However, it's perfect for the prom, for a summer picnic, for a young bride. Can't report longevity and sillage because I just can't wear it.

Pros: Light, airy
Cons: Light, airy"

27th September, 2013
I still have a bottle of this in my dungeon somewhere. I became aware of it about ten years ago and I was quite captivated at the time. I'm only doing a review now because it's better than a great many out there and suffered only from having a lousy name/title/monniker. They should have called it Tinkerbell or Bluebell, when they had the chance, or Muscari, which is the grape hyacinth. The notes are accurately described by other reviewers. It has very nice projection, sillage and longevity and I greatly enjoyed it when we lived in Central Otago, an alpine region of hot summers and snowy winters. In spring the hills came alive with the sound of music and Julie Andrews could very well have been wearing Shi when Christopher Plummer finally declares his undying love for the ex-Nun. Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens.
05th May, 2013
I was recently given this exquisite perfume. Soft, delicate, and velvety smooth, it's clean water lily, orange blossom & frangipani notes, hold gently & meld into a very light musk base. Being so soft I expected it to fade quickly but it has lasted the day. I Love it !
12th February, 2013
This has to be my top Ten Fragrances
in my Collection. The scent is like
a trio of Peaches Gentily drifting
beside a Lilypond Mingeling with Frogs
Dragonflies Lemongrass and then a Troupe
Of Macaque Monkeys spots the fruits and gives it to the Troupe and the Mothers
give the Peaches to ther Babies it such a adorable Sight and they Play with it
swimming around the pound it's the most beautiful Perfume i ever had.
it's crisp Tangy Delectable Frangrance
you'll come across I love the bottle design very modern Zen like clearity
on a Misty Morning.

I'll Give this A 10!
16th August, 2010
Really lovely. It goes on a little sharp but settles down into a soft scent thats more fruity than floral. It lasts all day but is much fainter in the afternoon. It reminds me of Davidoffs Blue Water and an old Crabtree & Evelyn fragrance called Song du Chine.
17th April, 2010

The feminine counterpart to Hei. Shi opens green and floral. The green could stand to be a little sharper and cleaner… I suppose I say that because I am not much a fan of fig leaf, and I don’t care that much for water lily, either. The florals of the middle – orange blossom and frangipani – are well done and enjoyable and they are presented with somewhat of an aquatic note. The base is musk, which, like the top two levels, is rather on the softer side with both its intensity and sillage.

Shi is a pleasant, nicely put together fragrance. I didn’t care for the opening, but the middle and base were adequately done. Nothing in it really grabbed my attention, though.

28th November, 2009

Add your review of Shi

Shop for Shi products online

Shop for Shi at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Shi

Member images of Shi

There are no member images of Shi yet. Why not be the first?