Gold Woman (1983)

50ml EdP
    100ml EdP
    $284.38*
    50ml EdP
    (*converted from GBP 170.00)

Reviews of Gold Woman

Showing 1 to 6 of 32 reviews.

sfmedusa's avatar
    sfmedusa

As JackTwist said, I've got one wrist of vintage Madame Rochas and one of Gold, and they are almost indistinguishable.

Gold is somewhat brighter in the topnotes, which is no surprise as my Madame Rochas is a good 20 years old, but the notes are spot on.

I'm so glad that I only splashed out for a sample of the Amouage to see what all the fuss was about, as I would be so disappointed if I'd saved and saved for a bottle of Gold and then found out that although it's a nice perfume, it isn't ground breaking or unique.

13 February, 2014

Loro's avatar
    Loro

What a disappointment! I had read the reviews and was looking forward to sampling this, but when the time came it was an overwhelming letdown. To me this is just a decent-ish generic floral, in the vein of No. 5 or Joy, but with none of the panache or loveliness of either. Not bad, certainly, but with so few distinguishing features that I find it hard to know what to say other than firstly it didn't trouble me for long (longevity was about 90 mins on my skin) and secondly, price, hype, emperor's new clothes etc almost led me to give this a negative review, but actually that would have been unfair.

Pros: not unpleasant.
    Cons: poor longevity, price.

02 January, 2014

Darvant's avatar
    Darvant

Luxurious and exotic due to its "castigatory" powdery soapiness. Something in the middle between Hammam Bouquet Penhaligon's, Chanel N.5, Mitsouko Guerlain and La Perla by La Perla under my humble nose, a golden mélange of balsams (myrrh, honey, vanilla, benzoin??), resins (some pine resins in the blend??), may be aldehydes, amber, musk, subtle spices, spacious aromatic elements (coriander, pine needles??), civet, powdery woods, oakmoss and hesperidic patchouli. Supremely classic, rosey and chypre in style, balmy/soapy in its soul but with a carnal vibe and with a really subtle spark of twisting sophistication (a floral spark whereof i detect mostly the rose/jasmine and probably the ylang-ylang rather than properly the lily of the valley). Really sunny, white, honeyed and rich with a vintage elegant powderiness lingering throughout. The magistrally appointed touch of frankincense (combined in chord with balsams, may be cardamom and woody powder as for a sort of Amouage's balanced trademark) provides dustiness, atmosphere and holiness in a conservative way. Rich and dominant as an impalpable Queen. Lingering for hours around, powerful in presence.

06 November, 2013

JackTwist's avatar
    JackTwist

A re-run of Madame Rochas - rich, floral rose bouquet

Guy Robert created one of the greatest florals ever, in Madame Rochas. So now he just re-runs the same formula under a different name and they charge a small fortune for it. This is a case of Emperor's New Scent. Buy the inexpensive Madame Rochas and forget about Amouage Gold - quel rip-off!

Star quality for quality of scent!!!

Pros: Identical to the classic rose-dominated floral, Madame Rochas
    Cons: Outrageously high pricing"

15 October, 2013

Milette's avatar
    Milette

Gold is the fragrance I've been looking for my whole and long life. It makes no statement, says nothing about who I am and has not one whisper of aggression. It simply smells divine--warm, soft and refined. I've had cars that cost less than my bottle of Gold and I use it much more sparingly than I'd like but my frequent shopping trips to find the perfume of my dreams have become celebrations of my precious bottle of Gold.

07 May, 2013

rbaker's avatar
    rbaker

Powdery, powdery, beautiful florals, including a great lily of the valley, incense and wood later on. Rich, heavy and sweet on my skin.

26 April, 2013