Anne Klein II (1985)

PerfumerYves Tanguy
PackagingPierre Dinand
Parent Company at launchParlux

About Anne Klein II

Anne Klein II is a feminine perfume by Anne Klein. The scent was launched in 1985 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Yves Tanguy. The bottle was designed by Pierre Dinand

Reviews of Anne Klein II

All I get from this vintage scent is a sharp, tart, green rose. A floral heart slowly emerges, but the rose is always there. The dry down is amber and wood with vanilla, which tries to take the edge off the green green rose, but never quite achieves that end.

I have not come across this note often in the scent world, so this does have a certain niche for those who love to startle, to smell a bit edgy.

Top notes: Bergamot, Peach, Rosewood, Lemon
Heart notes: Jasmine, Rose, Ylang, Carnation, Orris
Base notes: Vanilla, Amber, Sandalwood, Musk, Patchouli, Civet, Benzoin

11th August, 2014
Hate to be the party pooper here, but I was given a bottle of this as a gift in the early 1990s, and I couldn't wait to get rid of it. I LOVED the other Anne Klein fragrance, so I think my friend got them mixed up. It is an oriental, but heavy and "hot", and actually burned my nose when I smelled it. Made a nice air freshener for my car, though.
02nd September, 2012
i feel like, for what i enjoy, this is a masterpiece.
i feel the same about fendi and magie noire and wonder what unites them.
the plushyness that makes the sweetness inoffensive.
is this an oriental?
the sweetness is so dry, maybe that's it.
truly lovely and not overpowering even in large doses.
the opposite of a headache in a bottle esp compared to other perfumes of the same era.
23rd March, 2011
An excellent oriental that's deep, plush and warm. Like Obsession, which it resembles in many respects, Anne Klein II is very classy and altogether composed in a style made for grown-up women in smartly tailored suits. The previous reviewers were right on the money. It's amazing how delightful something can be without shouting.
22nd December, 2009
Okay, this perfume is one I wore in 1988, shortly after my first baby was, I paid an unbelievably high price to have myself a mini bottle for the sentiment. Those were dollars well spent! This intoxicating blend begins with a green introduction that quickly warms, becoming a lush amber. It is sweet with vanilla, and firmly grounded with rich wooded notes. To my nose it smells just like I remember from over 20 years ago. There is something special about the green topnote...although it fades, it's presence is always felt. Somehow that perfect green keeps the sweet character of this fragrance in excellent balance. This is the same effect found in Fleur des Comores by Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier, and why I love it so! SUPERB!
24th May, 2009
Years ago I purchased a 1.7oz bottle of Ann Klein II for $20.00. That was the standard price at the time. I loved that fragrance and still do. I bought another one just to hold but had I known how valuable it would get I would have bought everyone out! Now it sells for nearly $400.00 for that same 1.7oz bottle if you can find it and I'd say it's still worth it. You might compare my taste by knowing that I also like Givenchy Organza and De Rochas Alchimie. Whenever I run into a woman wearing these I get weak in the knees!
06th September, 2008

Add your review of Anne Klein II

Shop for Anne Klein II products online

Search Amazon for Anne Klein II

Member images of Anne Klein II

There are no member images of Anne Klein II yet. Why not be the first?