Anné Pliska (1987)
    by Anné Pliska

Anné Pliska Fragrance Notes

Shop for Anné Pliska products online

Reviews of Anné Pliska

Showing 1 to 6 of 17 reviews.

scenttastic's avatar
    scenttastic

After reading all of the glowing reviews of this perfume on this and other scent websites, I almost bought a full bottle. It has all of the base-notes that I love in all my other perfumes, and I thought, why not? Common sense prevailed, however, and I bought a sample instead. Boy am I glad I did. I would love to see (smell?) what this smells like on other people, because on me it is vile. All I got was an overpowering blast of bergamot for the first hour, which settled only very slightly - I didn't get any mandarin or orange at all. Then I started to get small, powdery whiffs (the vanilla and musk coming through?), with a slightly metallic tang. Two and a half hours later, the bergamot was still going strong and was still pretty much overpowering everything else, but with an unpleasant, sharp, almost bitey/antiseptic edge - kind of like the air-fresheners cabbies use over here. Three hours later and I gave up - I liked the powdery whiffs, but the overpowering smell of bergamot just killed this for me. I had to scrub it off, and it took a few tries to get rid of it. I've seen reviews comparing this to Shalimar - I can't figure out why, as they're nothing alike. I've tried Shalimar a few times and it's lovely, and have had people ask me what perfume I'm wearing and telling me it smells fantastic. No comparison as far as I'm concerned - Shalimar beats this one hands down. If anyone wants my sample, I'm happy to swap it for something else.

15 February, 2014

muskymoi's avatar
    muskymoi

this pink sweetheart is about as oriental as a perfume can get. It's like the naughty little sister of Shalimar--she just realized that her curvy bottom and perky bosoms are weapons of mass destruction. And she's eager to learn how to use them. A definite to buy for me. A smidge sweeter, less powder. MUST have it for my own, my precious. OK. I just weirded MYSELF out...Ladies, sample it! If BN had two thumbs for upping, AP would have it.

04 September, 2012 (Last Edited: 10th September, 2012)

catsngunsnyarn's avatar
    catsngunsnyarn

I love Anna Pliska. I was given a little sample from Nordstrom in 1989. I've worn it ever since. It's powdery, citrusy, dark and seductive, yet still friendly and approachable. It doesn't have the headachy bite of Angel or Poison.

30th July, 2012

lovetoread's avatar
    lovetoread

A lovely, lovely fragrance that someone here on Basenotes suggested after I revealed that I'm a complete novice with all this! I stated that I like things musky, and this scent is gorgeous. I still have a nose that doesn't know one note from another, largely, so I can't explain the nuances, but the subtlety of the musk is wonderful. I put this on this morning and had a beautiful, but soft whiff for 4 or 5 hours, and now the scent is lighter, more close to the skin, but still wonderful. Our weather here in Nation's Capital is often quite hot and humid during summer, and I'm glad to find this scent is substantial but not heavy or overpowering. There's something alluring but comfortable about it -- very, very nice. Thanks to all who are suggesting fragrances for me to try.

14 June, 2011

teardrop's avatar
    teardrop
    England England

This is a gorgeous, magical amber fragrance, with many facets & distinct phases. The opening is sweet orange & vanilla, but there's something deep & smokey in there, cold & yet warm at the same time. Shortly after, there's a hint of spice & then a salty sweetness, & it becomes a
    creamy smooth, slightly powdery vanilla. But all through the middle phase there's a raw, medicinal amber that weaves in & out, without ever becoming too strong or jarring. lt takes 5 hours for this to even begin to fade, & 7 hours later l'm in the grocery shop realising that l smell like cookies! l totally get the comparisons with Shalimar. l can see this working for any time of year, & l think different temperatures would probably bring out different facets of it's character. lt's intriguing, distinctive & delicious, & firmly on my wishlist!

10th February, 2011

Victoria_O's avatar
    Victoria_O

Who can describe it better than the nose, Jim Bell of Givaudan:

“A beautiful bouquet sparkling with a powdery diffusive topnote, created by a blend of mandarin and bergamot.
    The accord is further enhanced by the floral midnotes of geranium and jasmine creating a full-bodied heart.
    The undertones of amber, patchouli, vanilla, and musk provide a long lasting sensuality to this uniquely feminine fragrance.”
    - Jim Bell
    Givaudan-Roure

Anné Pliska Parfums is a classic niche fragrance. Timeless, beautifully crafted, sophisticated and sexy. A burst of bright powdery bergamot takes the opening bow, while a warm opulent amber envelopes orange, vanilla and musk, folding them into sheer amber perfection. Geraniums and jasmine appear center stage, then a touch of patchouli melts into the ambery drydown. Perfection.

I have been wearing this fragrance since its debut. I am probably the first, and definitely the biggest, fan. People have stopped me on the street and approached me in restaurants to ask what I am wearing.

Anné Pliska will always be my signature scent.

05 September, 2010