Anné Pliska (1987)

Anné Pliska information

Year of Launch1987

HouseAnné Pliska

About Anné Pliska

Anné Pliska is a feminine perfume by Anné Pliska. The scent was launched in 1987

Anné Pliska fragrance notes

Reviews of Anné Pliska

rbaker Show all reviews
Fresh bergamot with mandarin to start off with, but soon morphing into a floral heart note set, with geranium and whiffs of oleander setting the tone in the drydown. In the second part of the drydown the amber develops, and a vanilla - well balanced and not to sweet - teams up with a soft patchouli to constitute and restrainedly gourmand-ish base.

I get moderate sillage, excellent projection and ten hours of longevity on my skin.

Whilst a tad unoriginal overall, This spring scent is executed well and performs well. Pleasant. 3/5.
12th January, 2017
I so smell the 80s right now.
That said, it's strikingly similar in character to my old foe Obesession, yet has an attitude of its' own. Sweet, woodsy, warm, and clean. In some way delicate but still has a backbone. It's true that the scent stays monotone as other reviewers mentioned; that is the reason for my neutral rating. I would have liked a crisp opening (apple, pear or some aquatic flower) followed then by the vanilla and amber. But with a light hand I can wear this as is.
08th January, 2017
Delightful Feminine Amber. Shalimar? Not quite. This does'nt have as much going on and thankfully lacks the plasticky irritant of the Guerlain. After the Citrus dies off this remains linear (Amber and Patch), somewhat like Ambre 114, with softened volume and is clearly for the girls.
15th November, 2016
Perfectly pleasant amber. It's kind of old fashioned with its powdery topnotes paired against sour green chypre elements. As the powder fades, it takes on a vague fruity undertone and pleasant soapy muskiness.

I can see why people love this, but I can also see why one could find it a little dull. It's mostly basenotes, so there's not a lot of excitement or changes through the day, but it smells good, so thumbs up!
19th January, 2016
Genre: Oriental

Anné Pliska is a big, spicy amber that wastes no time on top notes but instead goes straight to the smoky, syrupy-sweet heart of the matter. In weight and character Anné Pliska is not all that far from Ambre Sultan, though it does not share the Lutens scent’s peculiar oregano and bay leaf accents. Indeed, with its abundant dark spices and dried fruit overtones Anné Pliska could easily be mistaken for something in the Serge Lutens line: it’s sweeter, fruitier, and a touch brighter than Ambre Sultan, less spicy than Arabie, less smoky than Fumerie Turque, and less woody than Chergui. In short, it’s akin to the part of all those Serge Lutens scents that makes them smell alike to some people, without the bits that make them smell interesting to other people. Or, to put it even more simply, it’s a little bit dull.

As is so often the case with dense amber scents, Anné Pliska lands on the skin with a resounding thud, and then stays more-or-less in place for several hours without altering too much in content or character. (The effect of olfactory stasis should come as no surprise, as amber components are by nature tenacious, high molecular weight base note materials.) It’s neither shy nor overwhelming in sillage or projection, and I’d consider it completely unisex. If you’re in the market for a straightforward amber scent, rich and sweet, but none too challenging, this is one to consider alongside L’Artisan Parfumeur’s Ambre Extrême or Montale’s Blue Amber. If you want more edge on your amber, go for Ambre Sultan or Ambre Russe, and if you want more depth and complexity seek out Maïtre Parfumeur et Gantier’s Ambre Précieux.
08th June, 2014
After reading all of the glowing reviews of this perfume on this and other scent websites, I almost bought a full bottle. It has all of the base-notes that I love in all my other perfumes, and I thought, why not? Common sense prevailed, however, and I bought a sample instead. Boy am I glad I did. I would love to see (smell?) what this smells like on other people, because on me it is vile. All I got was an overpowering blast of bergamot for the first hour, which settled only very slightly - I didn't get any mandarin or orange at all. Then I started to get small, powdery whiffs (the vanilla and musk coming through?), with a slightly metallic tang. Two and a half hours later, the bergamot was still going strong and was still pretty much overpowering everything else, but with an unpleasant, sharp, almost bitey/antiseptic edge - kind of like the air-fresheners cabbies use over here. Three hours later and I gave up - I liked the powdery whiffs, but the overpowering smell of bergamot just killed this for me. I had to scrub it off, and it took a few tries to get rid of it. I've seen reviews comparing this to Shalimar - I can't figure out why, as they're nothing alike. I've tried Shalimar a few times and it's lovely, and have had people ask me what perfume I'm wearing and telling me it smells fantastic. No comparison as far as I'm concerned - Shalimar beats this one hands down. If anyone wants my sample, I'm happy to swap it for something else.

An update to my last review on this. I left the sample alone (in its wrapping, away from the light) and didn't think any more about it. A month before my birthday (last month), I decided to try another of the samples I got along with the Anne Pliska, and which I'd loved - DISASTER! Wore it to work and had to fight the urge to rush home to scrub it off. So, I decided to give the Anne Pliska another go - and I was so glad I did. It smelt totally different, so much so that I asked my lovely husband to get me some for my birthday, which he did. Can't explain why it smelt so horrible on me the first couple of goes (hormones? phase of the moon?) but it's lovely now. The bergmaot is still quite sharp at opening, but quickly settles down, and I get beautiful, warm spice, with a yummy chocolate orange scent and soft musk. It lasts pretty well, although when I smell my wrist I feel like it's gone, then I'll brush my hair away or adjust my specs, and get that lovely waft of spice/chocolate/orange/musk. I go to gym in the mornings, and the days when I wear it, once I'm good and "glowing" at gym, I can still get a lovely, soft, powdery whiff. Have to fight myself to not wear it every day, as I want it to last, but this one is definitely a keeper. I'd been looking for something different from all of the celebrity/designer fragrances, which to my despair is pretty much all we seem to get here, and this fits the bill. Gorgeous!
15th February, 2014 (last edited: 13th October, 2014)

Add your review of Anné Pliska

Shop for Anné Pliska products online

Shop for Anné Pliska at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Anné Pliska

Member images of Anné Pliska

There are no member images of Anné Pliska yet. Why not be the first?