Eau de Camille (1983)

HouseAnnick Goutal
Parent CompanyStarwood Capital Group > Taittinger > Louvre Groupe
Parent Company at launchAnnick Goutal

About Eau de Camille

Eau de Camille is a feminine perfume by Annick Goutal. The scent was launched in 1983

Eau de Camille fragrance notes

Reviews of Eau de Camille

Genre: Green Floral

The bright green floral opening contains an off-putting sour note, but that soon merges into the blend to contribute an extra degree of tart crispness at Eau de Camille’s heart. In fact, what I particularly like about this scent is that while its base and middle are quite powdery-sweet, it never loses its balance or becomes cloying. The grassy green notes certainly help here, as does a very subtle camphor or menthol element that flits about in the background. Eau de Camille is not the most enduring scent around, and within an hour or two it has dried down to its very soft, sweet, powdery-soapy base. Fleeting as it is, I give it points for being cheerful without being crass, and embodying the spirit of a young girl as effectively as any other scent I can recall.
13th June, 2014
Starts crisp ivy; ends mucky hyacinth

Opens as crisp green ivy; ends as muffled and mucky hyacinth—at least in the opening, it reminds me of Diptyque’s Eau de Lierre; the end reminds me of…oh, just about anything with that fake generic hyacinth note/accord in it

12th July, 2013
this and songes are probably my favorites among the feminine offerings of the annick goutal line. i love the green crispness of this fragrance, the mellow florals, and the slight hint of spice in the opening. possibly one of the "prettiest" scents i own.
18th January, 2013
Grass, green hedges through which tiny white flowers peek – Eau de Camille’s opening will be pretty evocative to some. At the start of the day, this could turn me into a nature boy. As the perfume starts to settle it loses amplitude – closer sniffs will bring indole farts. I digress – perfume isn’t really meant to be sniffed up close. Slowly the green thins and thins and a soapiness emerges – at this point this becomes merely pleasant and somewhat pointless. Has a life of about 4-5 hours.
18th July, 2012
Annick Goutal fragrances are like heaven to me. There is something so distinguishably old-fashioned and classic about them, particularly the more feminine creations from this line.

Eau de Camille is a beautiful, delicate floral with green undertones. The greeness in this fragrance is neither harsh nor bitter. It's more of a subtle grassy-ness more than anything else. A very crisp and Summery scent.

The jasmine and honeysuckle are really pretty. After an hour or so, the floral blend becomes quite clean and soapy, making it an excellent choice for those that enjoy their florals soft and refreshing.

Eau de Camille has been created with love. The perfect gift from a mother to her daughter. There is such a strong sense of purity and child-like innocence conveyed through the composition.

I was amazed at how well this fragrance lasted on the skin, especially for that of an EDT. I usually prefer the EDPs for longevity, however in this particular case the EDT suited me fine.

Honestly I prefer Annick Goutal's louder scents, however I have come to appreciate all her fragrances, and if I had the money, I would most definitely buy them all.

Like some have already mentioned, if strong honeysuckle is what you're after I'd tend to lean more on Le Chevrefeuille for my honeysuckle fix, however for something lighter and prettier, Eau de Camille is perfection.

22nd October, 2011
This is a charming floral with a young air of innocence and yet depth. The opening is soft, green and pretty – suggesting spring flowers, honeysuckle and lily of the valley. The scent develops a soapy character that is pronounced but not challenging. The drydown has some earthy, heady aspects. This is a bit too floral and sweet for me, but it is very good scent.
03rd June, 2009

Add your review of Eau de Camille

Shop for Eau de Camille products online

Search Amazon for Eau de Camille

Member images of Eau de Camille

There are no member images of Eau de Camille yet. Why not be the first?

Features relating to Eau de Camille