Eau de Camille (1983)

Eau de Camille Fragrance notes

Ivy, Privet tree, Honeysuckle, Seringa, Cut grass

Shop for Eau de Camille products online

Reviews of Eau de Camille

Showing 1 to 6 of 9 reviews.
    positive 4 Positive Reviewsneutral5 Neutral Reviewsnegative No Negative Reviews

mnaonbn's avatar
    mnaonbn

Starts crisp ivy; ends mucky hyacinth

Opens as crisp green ivy; ends as muffled and mucky hyacinth—at least in the opening, it reminds me of Diptyque’s Eau de Lierre; the end reminds me of…oh, just about anything with that fake generic hyacinth note/accord in it

12 July, 2013

lastgoodday's avatar
    lastgoodday

this and songes are probably my favorites among the feminine offerings of the annick goutal line. i love the green crispness of this fragrance, the mellow florals, and the slight hint of spice in the opening. possibly one of the "prettiest" scents i own.

18 January, 2013

gimmegreen's avatar
    gimmegreen
    Netherlands Netherlands

Grass, green hedges through which tiny white flowers peek – Eau de Camille’s opening will be pretty evocative to some. At the start of the day, this could turn me into a nature boy. As the perfume starts to settle it loses amplitude – closer sniffs will bring indole farts. I digress – perfume isn’t really meant to be sniffed up close. Slowly the green thins and thins and a soapiness emerges – at this point this becomes merely pleasant and somewhat pointless. Has a life of about 4-5 hours.

18 July, 2012

blood-orange's avatar
    blood-orange

Annick Goutal fragrances are like heaven to me. There is something so distinguishably old-fashioned and classic about them, particularly the more feminine creations from this line.

Eau de Camille is a beautiful, delicate floral with green undertones. The greeness in this fragrance is neither harsh nor bitter. It's more of a subtle grassy-ness more than anything else. A very crisp and Summery scent.

The jasmine and honeysuckle are really pretty. After an hour or so, the floral blend becomes quite clean and soapy, making it an excellent choice for those that enjoy their florals soft and refreshing.

Eau de Camille has been created with love. The perfect gift from a mother to her daughter. There is such a strong sense of purity and child-like innocence conveyed through the composition.

I was amazed at how well this fragrance lasted on the skin, especially for that of an EDT. I usually prefer the EDPs for longevity, however in this particular case the EDT suited me fine.

Honestly I prefer Annick Goutal's louder scents, however I have come to appreciate all her fragrances, and if I had the money, I would most definitely buy them all.

Like some have already mentioned, if strong honeysuckle is what you're after I'd tend to lean more on Le Chevrefeuille for my honeysuckle fix, however for something lighter and prettier, Eau de Camille is perfection.

22 October, 2011

odysseusm's avatar
    odysseusm

This is a charming floral with a young air of innocence and yet depth. The opening is soft, green and pretty – suggesting spring flowers, honeysuckle and lily of the valley. The scent develops a soapy character that is pronounced but not challenging. The drydown has some earthy, heady aspects. This is a bit too floral and sweet for me, but it is very good scent.

03 June, 2009

purplebird7's avatar
    purplebird7

I was introduced to this fine fragrance during a blind test here on Basenotes. It was presented as part of the Green family, but it is fresh with green notes, rather than heavy. The leafy topnotes of wet grass and ivy are mild but insistent and remind me of linden. Overall, it is woody, floral, rich, and sweet. This perfume is gorgeous. I pick up distinct spiciness and woodiness, but I cannot explain why. Nor will I ever obtain an explanation, as it appears to have been discontinued--no longer listed on Annick Goutal's website, which makes me upset and angry.

30th October, 2007