New West for Her (1990)

Average Rating: 3.5

Based on 27 ratings

New West for Her Fragrance Notes

New West for Her information

Launched two years after Aramis' original California scent, New West for Him.

Reviews of New West for Her

Showing 1 to 6 of 11 reviews.
    positive 9 Positive Reviewsneutral3 Neutral Reviewsnegative No Negative Reviews

daisy1405's avatar

You can still buy it on Amazon i think but my God its soooo expensive about £100!! But it is a very unusual fabulous perfume

09 May, 2014

Missy0491's avatar

Where can i find this..

Have any idea where i can get this bottle of New west??

Pros: Just love it!!
    Cons:

22 July, 2013

flathorn's avatar

I think of this as an undeservedly overlooked fragrance. I'm not a fan of most aquatic scents, as they send me over the edge into an unlovely ozone dream - the fact they are trying to recreate something so ephemeral, so fluid, makes their jarring sprayish notes that much worse. Many are outright sickeners.
    Saying that makes my approval of New West surprising. Somehow, this one works on me. It's a lovely but difficult niche to fill so I appreciate it's ability to do so.
    This has also been a signature scent of my daughter's for years, and is who introduced me to it. She is a lawyer, skier, and craft beer connoisseur, and she wears it to all these venues, a heavy burden for one fragrance. So, if you are looking for a go-to aquatic/marine, definitely give this older fragrance a try. It has the chops to fill several needs.

31st January, 2012

Bagfish's avatar

This was the first "proper" bottle of perfume I ever purchased (it was the Sensual Skinscent For Her rather than the straight perfume). It was September 1994 and I had just received my first pay-cheque and I went straight out and bought a bottle after smelling the scent on a friend at a party.

I still have the remains of the bottle, and the smell is so very evocative of that period in my early 20s. Melon and cucumber dominate along with slightly headachy ozone/aquatic notes. It's fruity, but not THAT fruity, and the rose, plum and carnation are definitely evident after the first melon blast.

What is particularly nice is the slightly sweet, musky-ambery drydown, it's really pretty.

This is absolutely not something I would even consider trying now, I don't get on well with aquatic/ozone scents, they often give me headaches; but New West for Her whilst being aquatic doesn't quite push me over the edge into headache territory.

I'm pleased I still have the remains of my bottle, and whilst I wouldn't usually wear New West for Her out, I sometimes dab some on to take me on a trip down memory lane.

29 August, 2011

hester's avatar

South Africa South Africa

Pure melon is all I remember of it. And looking back, definitely the start of that trend. Don't know that this is such a great loss, if it is indeed lost.

07 April, 2008

natacha's avatar

I used to wear New West when it was still available in Europe. Despite being told once in a nightclub that I 'smelled like oysters(the guy was not even trying to be nasty!), I very much loved it and would definitely buy it again if it were on the market.

18 January, 2008

Add your review of New West for Her

Search for on eBay United States

Aramis New West For Her Women 3.4 FL oz / 100 ML Skinscent Spray New In Box
    • Listing Type: eBay Store
    • Time Left: 24 days
    Ebay United States
    (Shipping from United States)
    New West Skinscent Spray For Her 3.4oz
    • Listing Type: eBay Store
    • Time Left: 17 days
    Ebay United States
    (Shipping from United States)