Far Away (1995)
    by Avon

Far Away information

An oriental fragrance.

Reviews of Far Away

Showing 1 to 6 of 13 reviews.

Alexey's avatar
    Alexey
    Germany Germany

It is one of the sweetest scents that Avon has to offer women. It clearly isn't for everyone, but considering the price and the fact that it is a perfume - it's really not bad, not bad at all.

27 March, 2013

Lunarloves's avatar
    Lunarloves

have bought this several times but I'm still undecided. The smell works better as a bath powder as it isn't distinctive enough as a scent. It's an oriental, a pleasant smell but something isn't right. I am on a limited income but dare I say it Far Away now smells cheap to me, like some of the teen scents I used in the 1970s.

20th May, 2012

heavenscent1's avatar
    heavenscent1

My step-mom is an Avon lady so I got this as a Christmas gift from her one year. It's okay, but not a fave. Too powdery or something for me. I like the Orientals as a group, though.

01st April, 2012

Blue Zinnia's avatar
    Blue Zinnia

The name of this stuff is prophetic, in that I stay far away from anyone wearing it. Who knew yer basic generic Asian-style fragrance could be made so harsh and clumsy?

25 October, 2011

Darvant's avatar
    Darvant

Strange fragrance initially herbal-fruity-medicinal-barbershop kind and furthermore a bit aromatic-dusty, floral and vanillic but with an undertone of almond, DDT, violet and peach.áThe link of coconut, violet, ylang-ylang, peach and orange develops in a powdery-almond sort of smell with an after taste that reminds the apricots, very talky, floral but pungent. The smell since the beginning is dissonant and the final powdery development doesn't stop at all the dissonance and the high level of bitterness, sourness and pungency.

16 September, 2011 (Last Edited: 13 December, 2011)

anotherlemontree's avatar
    anotherlemontree

I spent all evening smelling this on friend and begged her to tell me what it was (she couldn't remember the name). I then spritzed twice from her bottle onto my skin and got this: sweet, boozy top notes, like bathing in fermenting grapes; a sweet oriental with boozy fruit and something leathery in the heart, which is what originally caught my attention; the dry-down is a bit sad, all vanilla and little originality. I'm undecided as to whether I'd rather smell this on myself or on someone else. Projection is certainly very impressive. A yummy little scent.

10th June, 2011