Far Away (1995)

HouseAvon

About Far Away

An oriental fragrance.

Reviews of Far Away

Powdery Oriental with a heap of grown-up, non-gourmand vanilla. I don't get the peach and coconut that others have mentioned and that I was so very much hoping would be prominent. A hint of ladies leather gloves, a significant provision of vanilla orchid, and a generally unobjectionable mix of florals all draped over a muted amber base.

There's no whipped cream here, and in the reasonably-priced category of fragrances, the domination of foodie vanillas and fruity florals lets Far Away stand apart. Definitely a romantic scent, not something I'd expect in the office, but definitely comforting & sweetly snuggle-worthy for recreational occasions. I'm normally one for very heavy, strong amber statements, but this softness is a pleasant diversion.

The sweet vanilla is reminiscent of several powdery-vanilla-centric Italian niche market scents that demand ten times the ransom of Far Away. I could easily see someone enjoying the shower gel and body talc of Far Away, then topping it off with most any Farmacia SS. Annunziata numbers, or iPF Talco Delico, etc. Harmonious transition guaranteed.

05th September, 2014 (last edited: 13th December, 2014)
It is one of the sweetest scents that Avon has to offer women. It clearly isn't for everyone, but considering the price and the fact that it is a perfume - it's really not bad, not bad at all.
27th March, 2013
have bought this several times but I'm still undecided. The smell works better as a bath powder as it isn't distinctive enough as a scent. It's an oriental, a pleasant smell but something isn't right. I am on a limited income but dare I say it Far Away now smells cheap to me, like some of the teen scents I used in the 1970s.
20th May, 2012
My step-mom is an Avon lady so I got this as a Christmas gift from her one year. It's okay, but not a fave. Too powdery or something for me. I like the Orientals as a group, though.
01st April, 2012
The name of this stuff is prophetic, in that I stay far away from anyone wearing it. Who knew yer basic generic Asian-style fragrance could be made so harsh and clumsy?
25th October, 2011
Strange fragrance initially herbal-fruity-medicinal-barbershop kind and furthermore a bit aromatic-dusty, floral and vanillic but with an undertone of almond, DDT, violet and peach. The link of coconut, violet, ylang-ylang, peach and orange develops in a powdery-almond sort of smell with an after taste that reminds the apricots, very talky, floral but pungent. The smell since the beginning is dissonant and the final powdery development doesn't stop at all the dissonance and the high level of bitterness, sourness and pungency.
16th September, 2011 (last edited: 13th December, 2011)

Add your review of Far Away

Shop for Far Away products online

Search Amazon for Far Away

Member images of Far Away

There are no member images of Far Away yet. Why not be the first?