Rare Rubies (1999)
    by Avon

Reviews of Rare Rubies

Showing 1 to of 4 reviews.
    positive 4 Positive Reviewsneutral No Neutral Reviews • negative No Negative Reviews

cuddledumplin's avatar
    cuddledumplin

This was my favourite of the Rare series from Avon (even better than Rare Gold and Rare Pearls). It's a very seductive spicy scent. The odd floral notes (African orange flower and ylang-ylang) really bring out the spices, amber, musk and sandalwood, but while obviously present, it's surprisingly how little the florals influence this. It's as if they're just there to decorate and bring out the other notes. This fragrance is so unique and lovely. I remember loving it so much. Sigh, I love Avon, but they discontinue everything I love.

06 December, 2013

Bastetcat's avatar
    Bastetcat

This has got to be my favorite fragrance of all time. This was the fragrance that introduced me the idea of "notes" in a perfume. It's also the first perfume I bought blind, based purely on those notes. Since I had such luck that first time, I'm afraid I became influenced to continue that risky behavior!

The first time I tried it, I was transported straight to a velvet and silk room in my mind. Warm, sensual dark jasmine-y, with a musky sandalwood base. Complex and spicy. I wear it during the day, but I am a bold person. Not for the timid. I have yet to find anything truly close to it in smell, although I find Guerlain's Samsara is similar in "mood" to this.

I get a LOT of compliments on this from both genders when I wear it. Currently am hoarding my last few drops as the price has become exorbitant and it's getting hard to find. To any Avon reps reading this: Please bring this back!

17 July, 2009

takemyhusbandplz's avatar
    takemyhusbandplz

The old bottle was much prettier IMO. This is one of my favorite scents. The older formula smelled like a much higher end perfume. Rich, warm & spicy. Very long lasting- great for work and for a night out. The newer formula is missing something that the old one had. The new formula I'd give a 3.5. Luckily I still have some of the old formula left. Never fails to get a compliment when worn out.

24 November, 2005

numbr9's avatar
    numbr9

A spicey floral. Always get compliments on this one. Reminiscent of Opium but more delicate. Elegant & very feminine.

27 December, 2004