Cristobal (1998)

PerfumerOlivier Gillotin
Parent CompanyBenckiser > Coty Inc > Coty Prestige
Parent Company at launchBogart Group

About Cristobal

Cristobal is a feminine perfume by Balenciaga. The scent was launched in 1998 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Olivier Gillotin

Cristobal fragrance notes

Reviews of Cristobal

Fig, Bergamot, Jasmine, Freesia, Sandalwood and Vanilla - this sounds like a very simple ingredient list indeed.

The scent strikes me first as very warm - a creamy powdery vanilla and amber effect - drying down to a reedy/woody artemesia.

I don't detect the sandalwood note, nor the florals or fruits, just amber/vanilla/artemesia.

It's very pleasant and very feminine, it's just not original, hence the neutral review.
06th November, 2013

I wish I could whip up some enthusiasm for this fragrance so I could post an inspired review; unfortunately I'm afraid Cristobal EDT doesn't inspire. A very pleasant floriental, but too sweet for my taste. I pick out an overabundance of vanilla within an hour of application, so if you like sweets and vanilla this might be a winner for you. Sillage is very good, longevity average.
A nice day or night fragrance but again I don't find it a standout.

Now talk to me about their vintage fragrances; Le Dix, Cialenga, Rumba, Prelude, Quadrille; these are eminently praise-worthy! So sad to see a great fragrance house become so average.

Pros: Pleasant floral/vanilla
Cons: Not a "standout" fragrance"

22nd September, 2013
dimplesg Show all reviews
I just love this perfume - its sweet (not in an overpowering way) and classy. I'm scared to use too much of it as its really hard to come by now. This is probably a better choice for cooler days but is just so gorgeous. Definitely one of my top ten perfumes.
23rd March, 2010
Hmmm, I don't get the hype about this one.

It's a strong, sweet non-descript scent. Plus, there is a note or combination of notes that smells really artificial on my skin. Reminds me of the bombastic category of scents that were released in the 1980's, but not as good.
06th November, 2009
I bought this under the impression that it was for men, as the bottle says little about gender and I hadn't seen the men's rendition. I had only heard of the men's fragrance and didn't realize that I'd picked up the women's version until I looked it up after several wearings. It's a very warm mix of vanilla, sandalwood and lite patchouli. Very close to Allure men tonka bean is listed, but has a slight chocolate/cocoa feel to it. The drydown is a peanut buttery miracle. Smooth and sexy, for men and women. Would be awesome on a hot, sweaty, musky woman, but it's good for men on autumn evenings for men, too. Try it, fellas.

16th June, 2009
I love this Cristobal - it has a lot of vanilla but it never becomes cloying on me. The opening is vanilla with creamy fig, but after 5-10 minutes a smoky incense note comes in and takes over, and for a very long time this is an incense & vanilla-scent on me. Not very many people have mentioned the incense in their reviews - so I guess it depends on your skin. I should add that I have only worn this in cold weather - and I think it is best to do so. The drydown is vanilla and wood, and absolutely wonderful!
19th February, 2009

Add your review of Cristobal

Shop for Cristobal products online

Search Amazon for Cristobal

Member images of Cristobal

There are no member images of Cristobal yet. Why not be the first?