Vent Vert (original) (1947)
by Pierre Balmain

Vent Vert (original) information

Year of Launch1947
AvailabilityDiscontinued

HousePierre Balmain
PerfumerGermaine Cellier
Parent CompanySelective Beauty
Parent Company at launchRevlon Inc

About Vent Vert (original)

Vent Vert (original) is a feminine perfume by Pierre Balmain. The scent was launched in 1947 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Germaine Cellier

Reviews of Vent Vert (original)

I have a small vintage bottle which I acquired sealed in box. I love the smell, much more smooth and herbal than the modern version, but I react horribly and cannot wear it. My skin looks bruised wherever this perfume touches me. Most likely it is the galbanum. It smells lovely in the bottle though.
11th October, 2017
I get a powerful cut-weeds/grass greenery and beautiful flowers. Hyacinth, Jasmine, Gardenia, (I don't smell rose). A beautifully complex fragrance.
16th July, 2017
FINALLY I own a 15 ml of this gorgeous ORIGINAL scent! I have (up until now) been forced to only use the tiny 4 ml bottles sold on ebay or etsy. I feel so grown up now LOL!

The green scent is both sharp and sweet at the same time - not overly sweet, but enough to take the edge off and remind you that this bottle is all about SPRING! Odd, that I located this in Fall, right? Wrong. It rather feels like Spring these days! No matter, this scent is simply stunning. The rose is prominent as it is in No. 19 (vintage versions), but not a candied rose - a real, walking in the garden - "there's a rosebush" rose. Dewy, sensual, classy. The Galbanum is perfectly balanced with the Jasmine, Rose and Violet, which in turn, goes extremely well with the base of Oakmoss (I believe this is the real deal!) and Sandalwood (is this Mysore!!?). Certainly there are other notes (perhaps Orris?) but the ones I mentioned really stand out.

This vintage star in certainly not for everyone, nor should it be. We would be a boring lot if we all enjoyed the same things, now wouldn't we? If you have always enjoyed the idea of No. 19, but perhaps found it to be a bit more sharp than you'd prefer, Vent Vert may be what you have been searching for. Maybe.
03rd November, 2016
Vintage:
Vent vert starts green. A flower field that has been recently pruned,mowed and mulched. The green from broken branches and the floral smell of flower complement each other.
I get Galbanum, Jasmine and Peach.
This is Green done right.
27th May, 2016
The sun was warm but the wind was chill.
You know how it is with an April day.
Robert Frost.

The harsh bitter verdancy of galbanum with cool citrus being a crisp spring breeze brings forwards scents of early flowers and past winter's decay. No other perfume can depict spring as best as Vert Vent. It is breathtaking.
Pre-1991 parfum in rectangular bottle.
05th May, 2016
rbaker Show all reviews
The vintage perfume:
The intriguing opening is green indeed, with a slightly damp undertone, like meadows in the morning mist, wallowing in the fragrance of wet gardenias. There is also a nice galbanum twist present at this stage.

Hen, after the first hour, it suddenly collapses on my skin, causing considerable disappointment; but fear not: after a while it re-emerges, now dominated by floral notes, mainly lily-of-the-valley, rose, freesias and a lovely ylang-ylang.

The base deepens and darkens it a bit, with a gorgeous soft oakmoss mixing beautifully with Amber and a nice styrax note. Here in the base a honeyed waxiness is an overarching theme, which at the ends sees hints of a dark musk added without any civety sharpness in evidence.

The sillage is moderate, the projection good and the longevity is truly outstanding at eleven hours.

The vintage EdT is a touch greener overall, and the base is a touch lighter and brighter; it lasts nine hours on me.

Both are marvelous: beautifully blended, composed of ingredients of the highest quality, very well structured and great scents indeed. 4/5
13th September, 2015

Add your review of Vent Vert (original)

Shop for Vent Vert (original) products online

Search Amazon for Vent Vert (original)

Member images of Vent Vert (original)

There are no member images of Vent Vert (original) yet. Why not be the first?