Mackie (new) (1991)

Mackie (new) information

Year of Launch1991

HouseBob Mackie

About Mackie (new)

Mackie (new) is a feminine perfume by Bob Mackie. The scent was launched in 1991

Mackie (new) fragrance notes

Reviews of Mackie (new)

To be honest, this may be a heavenly fragrance to some, but I associate it with a co-woker who would spray this on at her desk. You would be working, minding your own business, when suddenly the stink bomb would go off. I could actually taste this. Once it caused a co-worker to have an asthma attack, and after witnessing that, I stayed away from this forever.
04th September, 2012
The opening starts off fruity with tangy
Pineapple and ripe raspberries then dries
in a few minutes to an to an Honeylike sweetness of Tuberose to dry off the tuberose is spicy orange blossom turns
deep with the note of Narcissus with it's
Intoxicating properties sharp semi masculine greenish note of jasmine slowly
steeping though the sweetish narcissus
dries with the velvet texture of Ylang Ylang and the powdery finish of rose

The base is a bit spicy with Vetiver
musk and amber if synthetic is a bit impressive and ends with dry sandalwood.
15th December, 2010
This is just a dreamy scent with lots of fruity topnotes that moves into a beautiful Jasmine/Orange blossom melange which settles into an Ambery (I don't pick up the Patchouli or Sandalwood in it...) drydown. This is definitely my "Go-To" scent...one I can wear without worry about anyone NOT liking it. This scent always draws compliments...it lasts a long time! I'd recommend it to anyone..if you can find it!
03rd December, 2010
A floral scent with a distinct patchouli and creamy vanilla undertone. As is the norm with most department store quality perfumes, I turn it into a powdery, dank, nauseating smell. What is this ingredient that my skin hates so? The synthetic musk, vanilla, one of the fixatives used in American fragrances???? I don't know, but it makes makes me sick to my stomach. One thing I will say for it, it has staying power, because I can't wash it off!

Even before the scent started stinking, it was uninspiring (at best) on me.
30th July, 2010 (last edited: 22nd July, 2012)
I have a secret soft spot for unpretentious,brash, sexy things.

Mackie is one of these guilty pleasures, along with Cassini, Bijan, Black XS, and a few others.

It smells just like a low rent Jil Sander 4. Not that it is poor quality; it's actually quite well done. It has an innate beauty that captures attention. But it doesn't have good manners, act polished, reserved, or know which fork to use. It could be offensive in a proper setting. And that quality in an of itself is sexy. And the scent is very sexy as well.

It's a complex, heady, very sweet, dark Oriental fragrance, an though it boasts no vanilla, I smell vanilla. And I like it. Also very consistent from first blast through drydown.

It is also intensely female. Like black lace is female.

All in all, perhaps the best bang for your buck on the perfume market.
15th April, 2009
This perfume smells ok, it isn't a bad smell (it is wearable but it's just not my style). It is a warm woodsy scent with some sweetness. On me, I do not smell any of the fruit notes AT ALL. I recieved this as a Christmas gift and I am trying to sell it. If I can't sell it, I would wear this from time to time just to use it up. I would not repurchase this one. Who knows, maybe this on will grow on me if I continue to use it. As of now it is just a boring wearable fragrance, nothing special.
31st December, 2008

Add your review of Mackie (new)

Shop for Mackie (new) products online

Shop for Mackie (new) at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Mackie (new)

Member images of Mackie (new)

There are no member images of Mackie (new) yet. Why not be the first?