Violetta di Parma (1870)

Violetta di Parma information

Year of Launch1870

HouseBorsari 1870

About Violetta di Parma

Violetta di Parma is a feminine perfume by Borsari 1870. The scent was launched in 1870

Violetta di Parma fragrance notes

Reviews of Violetta di Parma

This is the flagship of the Borsari line and justifiably so.
A basic but utterly satisfying violet note -- silvery-grey with a hint of green.
Classic, haunting, minimalist. Pared down to a pure expression of the violet note. Not sweet or heavy. Wears very well. Creates an aura of quiet mystique.
13th April, 2013
I'm addicted to violets, discovering Violetta Di Parma was indeed like finding my HG.. I have worn it daily ( sometimes hourly) and yes, even ten minutely... since that fateful day 5 years ago. I'm faithful, loyal, I wanted this to be a lifetime relationship, really I did.

Its difficult to pin point the stages, top notes, a packet of Parma Violet Candies, the kind which made your tongue purple, quickly followed by roses after a rain shower, then beautiful powdery, sweet violets, delicate, innocent.........

Sadly it then vanishes into thin air on me. I don't think anyone has ever commented on it outside of my bedroom, or if they happen to be walking past as I spray it on from the lovely bottle. I don't think it has actually made it out of my front door.

If you adore Violets, and you are blessed enough to have the kind of skin which allows this to have a life of more than ten minutes, I envy you, it is truly beautiful.
13th August, 2012
I love a big, bold old fashioned violet. And Violetta di Parma is certainly that. To me it's a violet solifore because I really don't get any other notes off of it. That's fine though, I do really love violet.
16th March, 2012
cello Show all reviews
I'm not a hugh fan of the violet note, but was I was interested to see it done in the "old fashion" style of perfume - single note floral.
This is very true to form, it's all about the violet. It is a nice, non-sweet, non-shrill violet though. About midway in there is a very soft, non-powdery iris note than keeps this balanced. The iris brings just a bit of an earthy feel, so you could almost imagine you were out sniffing the real deal. The fragrance is very linear and pleasant, with a soft musk drydown.
Well done composition.
18th May, 2011
Violetta di Parma has been a staple in my fragrance wardrobe for the past ten years or so.
I am afraid this has suffered a recent reformulation as the bottle I bought in 2010 smells a bit different than the one I bought in 2002, but nevertheless it remains the ultimate violet fragrance to me.

It has gotten me more compliments from acquaintances and perfect strangers than any other scent.
It is versatile, feminine, discreet, uplifting and sweet in a clean way. The violet note in it is fresh and not powdery and is the closest thing to real violets I have ever smelled (I have grown violets in my garden since I was 6)

I own a vintage bottle of "estratto" (extrait) and it smells a lot woodier and more substantial than the current EDP.
02nd January, 2011
I like this very much it's been around for almost 150 years and it's easy to see why.

It's a simple straightforward floral/musk combination I would imagine that on different people it would have a different composition but each one compositon would be like the chords of a guitar--unique sounds but each still pleasing to hear.

Anyone who knows me well knows I'm a sucker for anything Italian and VdP proves again why I think Italian fragrances champion the French ones anyday.

07th October, 2010

Add your review of Violetta di Parma

Shop for Violetta di Parma products online

Search Amazon for Violetta di Parma

Member images of Violetta di Parma

There are no member images of Violetta di Parma yet. Why not be the first?

Perfumes launched in the same year as Violetta di Parma (1870)

Features relating to Violetta di Parma