Folies Bergere (1943)
    by Bourjois

Average Rating:

Folies Bergere information

Folies Bergere is a women's fragrance by Bourjois. The scent was launched in 1943

Reviews of Folies Bergere

Showing 1 to of 2 reviews.
    positive 1 Positive Reviewsneutral1 Neutral Reviewsnegative No Negative Reviews

millascent's avatar

I hardly write perfume reviews anymore but I think it's worth a few words. Folies Bergere is/was a famous French bar; the women dancers wore fancy fan style headdresses sort of like Vegas showgirls. The blue emblem on the bottle (and in perfume, the cap has same shape-) resembles those headdresses, and also resembles a blue lotus flower.

The bottle I have is 1980's vintage- it is a non-rechargeable spray bottle, the juice has turned dark brown but smells lovely still. It is EDP and according to the label on back, was distributed by Caron Corp (possibly Caron took over the Bourjois scent, or just bought up and distributed back-stock for a short time in the early 80s?)

The scent is very attractive to me, it has a bit of an ashes of roses vibe to it, and a certain wax candle note that is quite distinctive- and I do believe it reveals blue lotus flower notes... It lasts, even overnight and the dry down is lovely.

A tip for those seeking this scent- there seems to be a newer version, same blue fan/lotus logo but the juice looks gold/yellow and the bottle style is straight- versus the version I have, with the bottle having rounded shoulder- not lined up straight with the blue plastic top. I haven't smelled the newer straight line version- but know it was not distributed by Caron and probably isn't the same juice.

09th September, 2012

cjkamm's avatar

I remember having a bottle of this in the 80's. At the time it was one of my favorite. I don't remember much about it except that it was a sweet heavy scent.

15th July, 2009