Blu (2000)

SupplierFirmenich
Parent CompanyBulgari
Parent Company at launchFerragamo Group

About Blu

Blu is a feminine perfume by Bulgari. The scent was launched in 2000 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Alberto Morillas

Blu fragrance notes

Reviews of Blu

Salutation.

Another work of art by ALBERTO MORILLAS. One of the fragrances most people Love it as it is very Interesting and Enticingly clean scent. BLV is like the better part of a day. Versatile,Unpretentious,Modern, Subtle,Intelligent,Enchanting,Soapy and Daytime scent.

I wouldent say it is Absolutely Feminine because i found a Masculine characteristic in it.Fresh and Spicy top notes are a Familiar scent to my nose as the Ginger is quite Dominant here but the middle notes surrounded with Exotic composition due Flax and wisteria that sit over a Clean and Woody base notes.

This smells reminiscent of walking through a field on a wam summer night for me.BLV is a safe choice on Job Interviews.It is a nice fresh Elegant scent for SUMMER days.I would recommend it to a Refined character especially if she is around 25/30 years old.A Useful scent to have in Your collection.

Sillage?Ok.

Longevity?Very Good on my skin and It is more than i expected.

13th May, 2015
This fragrance is like a smooth symphony of notes in the bottle. very pleasant and safe semi fresh fruity scent with very pleasing floral notes and some spices as the backbone of the fragrance.
Alberto Morillas, you just did another good job here dude! you can definitely find Alberto's signatures all over it.

The opening of this fragrance is a semi fresh and sweet citrusy scent (maybe also some fresh lavender here as well!) along with very mellow and charming floral notes and a little bit of peppery aura.
The citrusy part here is not tart and extremely fresh like summer fragrances. it's sweet and juicy.
Floral notes are very smooth and transparent and they just give you very relaxing feel.

In the mid semi fresh and sweet citrusy note goes in the background while I can smell a little more sweetness and a little more floral notes and I can still feel that peppery aroma of ginger.
The sweetness is warm and smells more like honey instead of musk and vanilla. I can smell some musk as well but it's more honey than musk to my nose.

In the base I can smell pretty the same thing but now scent has a soft earthy aura as well. something like patchouli or maybe it's just ginger that creates this feeling.
Projection is good and above average but longevity is average and around 4-5 hours on the skin.
You can use it all year round as your signature scent but I believe it's more suitable for spring.
Good juice. I like it.
19th April, 2015
I really wanted to like this. I respect Alberto Morillas's work, even when he sells out, and I got a bottle of this as a gift of sorts from a friend whose perfume taste I highly respect. But it's just not very good. Caustic metallic lavender mixed with windex and plastic, juxtaposed with pie spices.

I can see a wink and a nod to Polo, with its cinnamon and mace and ephemeral metallic lavender, but without the chypre backbone, this is just noisy nonsense. Even for aquatic fans, I'd recommend Bulgari's own Aqua tenfold over this.
21st January, 2015
Fresh, light and perfect for warm weather

This frag is a wonderful find! Although I have issues with the bottle design (unless you have the hand span of a giant, you'll find this one hard to handle) I'm quite in love with this fragrance. I'd hoped for a sharper, more gingery opening, based on the notes, but it was adequate--certainly pleasing but less assertive than I'd imagined. I was so enamored that I quicky spritzed both myself and my husband (thinking this would fall into the unisex category)but over time I felt that it fell into the sweeter, more feminine category. He agrees.

Since I don't know the fragrance of wisteria, flax, and acacia, I can't disect the notes. The overall impression, once past the fairly pungent opening, however, is that this falls into the sweet category....with wafting notes of sandelwood, a lot of musk, and a fair amount of vanilla coming into play over time. Over time, the sweetness level dropped off and the musky-vanilla-citrusy notes took over. A great choice for musk lovers who're looking for a lighter, warm weather fragrance. The more I wear it, the more enamored I become.

Sillage very good, longevity about 7-8 hours. A great warm-weather fragrance; heat brings out its best.

Pros: Pleasing florals, musky base
Cons: None"

10th October, 2013
A friend of mine owns this fragrance, and absolutely detests it. BLV has always made me curious, yet it wasn't until yesterday that I made it my mission to test it.

BLV is very unique, at least in my opinion. My friend tends to like fresh, citrusy scents like D&G Light Blue and Moschino I Love, Love, which this fragrance is not.

BLV is fresh and clean in some ways, however the soapy and citrusy bergamot qualities are balanced and smooth. The ginger comes across rather strongly at first, however the more the scent settles, the softer the scent becomes. Particularly in the heart, the wisteria and flax notes smelt a little powdery.

The drydown tends to veer away from the powdery aspect and becomes much sharper and more woodsy. Just before it fades away, the last impression it gives is that of a lotion-type smell.

The complexity of this fragrance is pleasing. Bvlgari has a way of constructing interesting, inoffensive and delicate Summer scents that really stand out from the other rival brands.

The longevity is commendable, however the scent stays rather close to the skin. This is probably best seeming that powdery ginger and florals don't usually work too well in large, loud doses.

I do like this fragrance, however I preferred it much more in the heart where it was powdery, smooth and creamy. The drydown was a little mediocre for me.
22nd March, 2012
A powdery, almost talky fresh fragrance based on the initial citrus-ginger accord which is not so prominent as in Blu pour Homme but structured as the backbone of a fragrance that in a while becomes a soapy-musky-floral one very feminine and clean. Bvlgari Blu lacks the tobacco touch of the masculine version while exalts floral notes and a touch of balmy taste. Pleasant but unimportant and a bit synthetic.
05th June, 2011 (last edited: 18th July, 2014)

Add your review of Blu

Buy It Now for only: $7.99

Buy It Now for only: $7.99

Buy It Now for only: $10.99

Member images of Blu

There are no member images of Blu yet. Why not be the first?