Society (1991)
by Society Parfums (originally by Burberry)

Society information

Year of Launch1991

HouseSociety Parfums
Originally byBurberry
PackagingPierre Dinand

About Society

Society is a feminine perfume by Society Parfums. The scent was launched in 1991 and the bottle was designed by Pierre Dinand

Reviews of Society

This is nasty. I sprayed it on by mistake when I thought it was a tester of Just Me by Paris Hilton...and however cheap the Paris Hilton fragrance smells, this has to be much worse. It starts out with some fake, piercing fruit note which fades to a horrific bitter chemical smell...is that myrrh? Whatever it is, it's not nice. If you actually want to buy this for some reason, it's available in chemists in Australia, so I guess you could arrange a swap...
23rd February, 2007
Interesting how people can come to so different conclusions... This fragrance was bought to give as X-mas by the company where I work...and surely I tried it before it was delivered... It is to most horrific, cheap, agressive floral scent that has ever been caught by my receptors... When finding out about this, I directly bought new perfume for the ladies at the office...and I am glad...since otherwise we would have been without staff by now... :) I tried to give the left overs to my Polish cleaning lady, but she said that she didn't even want to use it as a room scent... So for me it is double thumbs down...unless used for chemical warefare...
10th December, 2006
I agree! Loved it and it's ashame they've discontinued this fragrance!
04th December, 2006
This fragrance was discontinued, but not really through any fault of its own. To my nose, it was a nice fairly traditional floriental in the tradition of Chanel, classically structured and presented.
It had certain Coco spice notes on start-up, but diverged into a more floral/myrrh direction. It had the classic rose/jasmine accord at the heart, which smooths and beautifies the fragrance, but has enough rough base-notes to keep it from becoming floral, sweet, and banal. The myrrh edge begins showing itself early on, and is an excellent counterpoint to the floral, and sweet vanillic-amber notes. It is very wearable, one of those florientals which make the transition from evening to daytime wear - this is one to wear to an art museum, to my mind.
It may have been a victim of it's traditionalness. Many of the newer florientals are introducing fruit, and sweet, notes. This one may have never stood a chance to establish itself as a classic in the Burberry line, considering its date of introduction. But I consider it a nice well-rounded floriental.
14th July, 2005 (last edited: 28th January, 2013)

Add your review of Society

Shop for Society products online

Search Amazon for Society

Member images of Society

There are no member images of Society yet. Why not be the first?