Burberry for Women (1995)
by Burberry

PackagingPierre Dinand
Parent CompanyBurberry
Parent Company at launchJean Philippe > Inter Parfums

About Burberry for Women

Formerly known as Burberry, then Burberry London, but then back to plain ol' Burberry in late 2005 to make way for new Burberry London scents.

Burberry for Women fragrance notes

Reviews of Burberry for Women

I made a blind buy of a bottle called Burberry London--from before it was re-named just "Burberry." Feels like I'm wearing a completely different scent from the notes described above. I don't get lavender, bergamot, or mint, as listed in the notes. I get something creamy, sort of fruity (peach?) that has a sweet almost root beer or cotton candy tinge to it. And a very faint edge of something weird--if I were more knowledgeable about perfume, perhaps I could name it. It's like an almost fleshy scent, like the inside of your nose. Like fresh meat inside plastic. Is that strange? I want to say I like this perfume, but I can't, because of this strange thing I detect. I'll try it again, and see if it grows on me.
16th June, 2015
I miss this scent. When I get a chance I'm going to pick it up again. This one is classy and lingering. It is a good blend for a non-floral day.
04th April, 2015
I'm male. My wife has this bottle and I've worn the juice several times. It's almost too much at the top, but the dry down is wonderful and addictive. I consider it unisex, but I like to wear some other feminine fragrances as well so it could just be me. She also has the flanker Brit Sheer which I'd like to swap for something else. (Her third bottle right now is Chanel No. 5 Eau de Parfum which works nicely on my skin - I love that stuff).

On my wife, the Burberry projection and sillage is just ok. I think she's light on the sprays.

I think this is a good fragrance for staying with its wearer during the day (it doesn't fade too quickly or give me olfactory fatigue).
08th October, 2014
I love when something surprises me and makes me question what I think I know about myself.

On paper, I would have never given this scent a chance. Until I smelled Burberry Classic, my favorite perfume was Prada Prada. I thought I only liked resinous, powdery, earthy scents. I was positive that I hated gourmand or fruity perfumes.

But on a whim, one day I sprayed Burberry Classic on me while shopping in a department store. 30 minutes later, I was retracing my steps to the fragrance counter to purchase what was the most delicious thing I'd ever smelled. I wanted to eat my own arm. This perfume and my body chemistry are like totally LYLAS BFFs.

Just a few months later, and I'm already on my second bottle. I REGRET NOTHING! Honestly, I've never craved a scent as much as I do this. I feel sort of sad on the days I choose another scent from my wardrobe. I'm always eager to come home, shower, and put my Burberry back on. Burberry Women is just comfortable. It's comforting. It's home.
24th July, 2014
To me and my untrained nose, this has a light rosy scent to me. I guess that is the geranium that my nose is picking up from it. I like it very much as it is not harsh or screechy. I like the way it makes me feel when i wear it; calm and serene.
I am new to describing notes or accords of fragrances, but they seem to put you into a sort of a halo of scent for lack of a better way to describe it. Some halos seem to imprison you in them making you want to escape from it, others make you feel comfortable and serene inside it. This fragrance does the later for me.
22nd July, 2014
This smells so gorgeous on my skin, it's absolute heaven in a bottle. It's a great scent for any occasion, it's comforting and feminine.
27th March, 2013

Add your review of Burberry for Women

Shop for Burberry for Women products online

Shop for Burberry for Women at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Burberry for Women

Member images of Burberry for Women

There are no member images of Burberry for Women yet. Why not be the first?