Burberry for Women (1995)
by Burberry

PackagingPierre Dinand
Parent CompanyBurberry
Parent Company at launchJean Philippe > Inter Parfums

About Burberry for Women

Formerly known as Burberry, then Burberry London, but then back to plain ol' Burberry in late 2005 to make way for new Burberry London scents.

Burberry for Women fragrance notes

Reviews of Burberry for Women

I know I've tried this before. Probably during a sniffing excursion with my mother at Macy's long ago, I tried and liked. It was before I became "serious" about perfumes. I am reminded of a sweet, candied accord, well-blended, where notes are difficult to discern. Sweet, yet floral. Medicinal in a holistic-formula way. An odd mix, but delightful.

The top notes blur. Pretty. Notes here, I find are difficult to identify individually. Well-blended is good. Makes me believe I am smelling something special, well thought out. Bafflement, as I call it secretly, is what I crave.

It smells almost like the taste, of candy cigarettes or those candy necklaces we would buy as a child, in the late 60's / early 70's. Still, the slightest hints of herbs, dried herbs of some sort, in the background. And then, a cloud of oriental-style notes, move in. Sugary still, but with more woodiness and amber, later on. An almost caramel feel as well... Creamy, milky magnificently feminine even later...
09th August, 2019
There is really nothing I can say that hasn't been said already. I agree with other reviewers who have called this particular Burberry offering pleasant, comforting, warm, boring, and entirely forgettable. It's been a few years since I've worn this, and I'd like to give it another try. I'm not above boring.

EDIT: After a few weeks on this site, I realize that I've been a Michael Almairec fan for years and didn't even know it. I'll definitely give this another go.
18th April, 2018
Burberry for Women is a warm, slightly sweet fragrance. It seems to meld luxuriously with your skin and I can understand why some people describe this as a classy, sexy fragrance or sprinkle the word 'cashmere' around as a reference - but I just don't like it. There is a men's Lynx (Axe in the US) deodorant that smells exactly like this - I think it's the Africa one, but I'm not exactly sure. I've always hated it - a sourness over sugar discord. Admittedly, Burberry for Women is a nicer, smoother, more luxurious version of it, but when you smell like cheap male deodorant, you smell like cheap male deodorant.
08th January, 2018
I made a blind buy of a bottle called Burberry London--from before it was re-named just "Burberry." Feels like I'm wearing a completely different scent from the notes described above. I don't get lavender, bergamot, or mint, as listed in the notes. I get something creamy, sort of fruity (peach?) that has a sweet almost root beer or cotton candy tinge to it. And a very faint edge of something weird--if I were more knowledgeable about perfume, perhaps I could name it. It's like an almost fleshy scent, like the inside of your nose. Like fresh meat inside plastic. Is that strange? I want to say I like this perfume, but I can't, because of this strange thing I detect. I'll try it again, and see if it grows on me.
16th June, 2015
I miss this scent. When I get a chance I'm going to pick it up again. This one is classy and lingering. It is a good blend for a non-floral day.
04th April, 2015
I'm male. My wife has this bottle and I've worn the juice several times. It's almost too much at the top, but the dry down is wonderful and addictive. I consider it unisex, but I like to wear some other feminine fragrances as well so it could just be me. She also has the flanker Brit Sheer which I'd like to swap for something else. (Her third bottle right now is Chanel No. 5 Eau de Parfum which works nicely on my skin - I love that stuff).

On my wife, the Burberry projection and sillage is just ok. I think she's light on the sprays.

I think this is a good fragrance for staying with its wearer during the day (it doesn't fade too quickly or give me olfactory fatigue).
08th October, 2014

Add your review of Burberry for Women

Shop for Burberry for Women products online

Shop for Burberry for Women at online perfumeries

Burberry My Burberry Blush Eau de Parfum 0.16 oz / 5 mL Travel Size~NEW!

End Date: Wednesday Apr-1-2020 18:28:58 PDT

BURBERRY BRIT RYTHM EAU DE TOILETTE SPRAY 3.0 FL OZ NEW SEALED

$20.99 (0 Bids)
End Date: Wednesday Apr-1-2020 18:36:33 PDT
Bid now | Add to watch list

Lot of 10 Perfume Samples for MEN, Polo, YSL, Gio, Burberry, Versace, Prada etc.

$12.50 (11 Bids)
End Date: Wednesday Apr-1-2020 18:39:17 PDT

Burberry Brit By Burberry Eau De Parfum Spray 1.7 Oz

End Date: Wednesday Apr-1-2020 18:44:13 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $38.24
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

BURBERRY BODY GOLD By Burberry 2 OZ Eau de Parfum Spray For Women (Sealed In Box

End Date: Wednesday Apr-1-2020 18:45:47 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $49.85
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

BURBERRY BRIT 4 PCS MINI SET FOR WOMEN 0.16 oz (BRIT+RHYTHM FLORAL+SHEER+RHYTHM)

End Date: Wednesday Apr-1-2020 18:45:48 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $39.95
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

MY BURBERRY BLACK For Women PARFUM Spray 1.6oz/50 ml NEW AUTHENTIC TESTER-NO BOX

End Date: Wednesday Apr-1-2020 19:10:23 PDT

LOT OF 50 DESIGNER FRAGRANCE SAMPLES FOR MEN/ WOMEN GUCCI,VERSACE,CK,BURBERRY

$59.99 (0 Bids)
End Date: Wednesday Apr-1-2020 19:43:12 PDT
Bid now | Add to watch list

Weekend by Burberry for Women 100 ml 3.4 oz / 50 ml 1.7 oz Eau de Parfum NEW BOX

End Date: Wednesday Apr-1-2020 19:50:13 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $50.59

End Date: Wednesday Apr-1-2020 19:50:13 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $61.59

Member images of Burberry for Women

There are no member images of Burberry for Women yet. Why not be the first?