Byblos (original) (1989)

PerfumerIlias Ermenidis
Parent CompanyEurocosmesi
Parent Company at launchDiana de Silva

About Byblos (original)

Byblos (original) is a feminine perfume by Byblos. The scent was launched in 1989 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Ilias Ermenidis

Byblos (original) fragrance notes

Reviews of Byblos (original)

A "happy, green, fruity floral," as Barbara Herman notes.

The balance of succulent fruits with creamy flowers is what is most impressive in this scent. The base is a happy combination of vetiver, musk and orris, which grounds it, but still allows it to fly rapturously.

Quite an original - and wonder of wonders, subtle. There is nothing loud or vulgar in this gem.

Top notes: Bergamot, Mandarin, Cassis, Peach, Marigold, Raspberry
Middle notes: Mimosa, Muguet, Rose, Orchid, Heliotrope, Lily, Violet
Base notes: Orris, Musk, Vetiver

Beware of the re-issue. Buy only the original in the distinctive squat blue bottle with the rose sculptured top. Proliferates on Ebay, thankfully.

08th July, 2014
I was looking for a unique summer floral and found it in this...the combination of peach, grapefruit, and mimosa make it fresh and distinctive in a world of super sweet fruity florals these days. I can't detect lily of the valley or any musk in the base. Lasted 4 to 5 hours, not bad for $10!

Jan
2009
28th March, 2011
It was one of my favorite perfumes almost 10 years ago. I decided to buy it again, because I needed something sort of fresh, for daily use. I felt the same when I got my new bottle, but I lost my appetite for this one in a short time. Actually, it is still a nice scent, but nobody notices me when I wear it. May be this is the reason for this perfume not being in my favorite 5.
09th September, 2008
Oddly, I wear this at Christmas only. Perhaps the Mandarin with the incensy dry down in the vetiver and orris make me think of this holiday, but it's my Christmas season fragrance. Then again, Christmas in Seattle tends to be gray and drizzly, and this scent does brighten things up.
27th May, 2007
I just have to echo with serene111 on this. My aunt bought this for me when I was in my late teens. I fell hard for it and it was my signiture scent back in those days. It is refreshing and perfect for summertime. I have lots of memories attached to this. It has a superb longevity and excellent sillage.
02nd May, 2007
Extremely sweet smelling, very fruity and long lasting. This was a scent that I enjoyed when I was a teenager...it's fun and flirty. Not something I'd like to wear today. I'll keep the tiny wee bit that I have left and use it to take me back to memory lane!
03rd November, 2006

Add your review of Byblos (original)

Shop for Byblos (original) products online

Search Amazon for Byblos (original)

Member images of Byblos (original)

There are no member images of Byblos (original) yet. Why not be the first?