Anaïs Anaïs (1978)

SupplierFirmenich
PackagingAnnegret Beier
Parent CompanyL'Oréal Group > Prestige & Collections

About Anaïs Anaïs

Named after, Anaitis, a Persian Love Goddess. But, like New York, so good they named it twice...

Reviews of Anaïs Anaïs

Thirty-some years ago I had a miniature bottle of this. Recently I obtained a vintage sample. It is like smelling this for the first time, as I do not remember it from long ago.

I am able to pick out many notes, even though they are all mixed together well. I get a touch of citrus. Rich honeysuckle, lily, jasmine, carnation, tuberose, muguet, and a hint of rose. The base doesn't take long to emerge, for me. Sandalwood, amber, patchouli, oak moss, and incense seem to hug the florals. I won't even entertain the thought of a purchase of a modern bottle or decant. I seriously doubt it would be this rich, dark, and dreamy. It is greenish, slightly animalic (probably from the jasmine and patchouli), and has je ne sais quoi. Nostalgic.
20th April, 2018
I have to be honest, I am not a fan of Cacharel fragrances; Anais Anais (now Anais Anais L'Orignal) is the exception, and the one and only Cacharel I can wear. (I love smelling Eden on other people, but it doesn't work on me).

Anais Anais always strikes me as a very natural smelling floral summer fragrance. On my skin, I really don't get the various wood, musk, leather and vetiver base notes; if they're there at all on me, they give depth to the floral notes, rather than stand out in their own right. Anais Anais certainly isn't the most sophisticated fragrance (that isn't meant in a derogatory way), and one I only wear in warm weather, but a very pleasant, natural floral for the summer months; and, for me, far preferable to the hundreds of throw-away vanilla and white musk fragrances that are currently so popular.

Sadly, as with many of my favourite fragrances, the once comprehensive Anais Anais range has been drastically reduced in recent years: originally there was Parfum, Eau de Parfum (which at first had the now dated name Parfum de Toilette), Eau de Toilette in bottles and sprays, handbag sprays of each concentration, as well as bath and body products, including soap, body lotion, shower gel etc. Now all that remains are three sizes of Eau de Toilette; the Cacharel site also lists body lotion, but I have failed to find this in any of the major UK outlets.

There are now several Anais Anais flankers, and the original is now renamed Anais Anais L'Original; the new name has been accompanied by a new, more colourful label on the bottles, which unfortunately, looks cheap.

To end on an amusing note, I can't think of Anais Anais, without remembering a story which always makes me chuckle: many years one of my friends worked in the perfumery of a department store; one day a young man came to her counter, and asked for a bottle of his wife's favourite perfume, "Anus Anus"!
10th April, 2018
It's a soft and powdery fragrance, innocent yet sensual. People assume it's a "teenager perfume", but it's definitively an adult thing, and suits even older women. Reminds of ladies doing their hair at the dressing table. I can imagine the girls of the 1980s wearing this, but it just doesn't suit the girls of nowadays. It was an era of musks and moss and Anaïs Anaïs was a breath of youth and fresh air, but now it's very vintage and old school.
02nd March, 2018
Who didn't own a bottle of this in the 80's. I wore it and loved it. So feminine, it was the scent of the popular girls in high school. Floral but not defined, just pretty smelling.
20th September, 2016
The orange blossom, white florals, and creamy sandalwood work together to make a light, almost honeysuckle accord. This is a beautiful fragrance.
10th September, 2016
The L'Original EDT available today is a favorite. It has great lasting power on me, and I haven't tried the EDP as I like what I have.

I'm sure I was around girls who wore it when I was young, though my nostalgic connection to it is through the hyacinth note, which emerges as the strongest accord when I wear it. See, as a pre-teen, one of my favorite possessions was a Coty Sweet Earth solid perfume compact that held three floral scents: honeysuckle, ylang ylang, and hyacinth. The other two florals I've smelled often in my perfume life, but hyacinth doesn't turn up that much.

I don't find Anais Anais to be sweet at all, but a gentle green floral chypre. I had an accident with it today that turned out fab. I forgot I'd applied some Goutal Gardenia Passion EDT a couple of hours before (love it, but yes, it's fleeting) and I put on some Anais Anais. The application revived the Goutal, and with its green vegetal quality, it was really simpatico layered with the Cacharel.
21st October, 2015

Anais Anais By Cacharel Women 3.4 oz 100 ml *Eau De Toilette* Spray New

• USD $24.96
  • Time Left: 5 days
  • Shipping from: United States

ANAIS ANAIS PREMIER DELICE Cacharel 3.4 3.3 oz 100 ml Women Perfume EDT Spry NIB

• USD $40.00

Anais Anais L'Original Perfume by Cacharel, 3.4 oz EDT Spray for Women NEW

• USD $35.60
  • Time Left: 11 days
  • Shipping from: United States

Anais Anais Premier Delice 3.4oz (100ml) EDT for Women 100% Authentic and Sealed

• USD $38.50