LouLou (1987)

PerfumerJean Guichard
PackagingAnnegret Beier
Parent CompanyL'Oréal Group > Prestige & Collections

About LouLou

LouLou is a feminine perfume by Cacharel. The scent was launched in 1987 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Jean Guichard. The bottle was designed by Annegret Beier

LouLou fragrance notes

Reviews of LouLou

Parfum chouchou:

LouLou is to the white floriental what metallic paint trainers are to a pair of Stan Smiths, its the gritty sparkle that makes 'em stand out.

07th October, 2016
LouLou is not quiet. The opening shrieks Ylang and white flowers for about half an hour in a massive display of synthetic fireworks. For this reason I prefer it dabbed, and I apply it long before I leave the house. It's the drydown that gets me: almond cookie. Cozy and delicious.
It fits right in with the extroverted perfumes of the 80s.
24th August, 2016
This creation is well nigh unwearable it's so strong, shrieking, almost caustic. It's on the same level as the original Dolce & Gabbana (for women). I own both, but find it just too much work to wear. For reference purposes only.
13th May, 2016
A burning sacrifice of cupcake-dolls and my little ponies, with a pound of Juicy Fruit gums and a few cups of vanilla-flavoured Danette puddings thrown in for good measure.

I smell zero incense, if not the fumes of melting plastic. Plasticky, stringent tuberose, ripe, wax-covered plums, cinnamon and a buttload of vanilla. I also smell a lot of in-your-face and zero controversy. I can't detect a masterpiece hiding in here either.

Sorry, but this one is not for me.
24th October, 2015

A bewitching fragrance of a woman who knows how to use her charms to fascinate the man.LOULOU is depiction a self-assured femininity with the classic elegance of is a scent of deep sensuality,charatcer and contrasts. Powdery,Hot,Deep, Complex,Attractive,Spicy,Powerful,Amazing,Intriguing, Sweet and Classically Sensual.

Cinnamon,violet and plum blend with jasmine over a rich floral heart of tuberose,ylang ylang and heliotrope.these passion flower combined with lasting warmth of vanilla and a woody base notes of sandalwood and prominent incence made a unforgettable oriental floral fragrance to complete the sophisticated smartness of a woman before her evening out.

Longevity?Fantastic on my skin.

17th July, 2015
„Taking me away...”

Sometimes I have a dream...

I'm walking down a dark alley on a freezing winter night.
It's just a couple of days after New Year's Eve.
I'm slightly drunk and feeling lonely.
A wind chime starts to jingle somewhere in the distance, and I'm slowly deluged by a bizzare feeling that something extraordinary is about to happen.
And then it begins...
First I find myself surrounded by what I perceive as the most beautiful scent I have ever smelled.
It's smoky enough to trigger a fire alarm, powdery as a dozen of Versailles paramours, and so dense that you could cut it with a knife.
It's so breathtakingly beautiful that it has me staggering.
It's simply mesmerising, narcotic even.
"This can't be of this world..." I'm thinking.
And then I see it.
Slowly descending, a hexagonal teal something with a flashing crimson cone topping it, touches the ground softly.
I'm thinking that if this is a spaceship, then it's the most girly girlish that could possibly exist.
But I'm wrong...
The crimson top opens.
The scent becomes even stronger, and it seems to pulsate and breathe, as if it has a life of its own.
Two girls come out, glide gracefully down its side and walk slowly towards me.
They both have short black bobs, kohl-laden brown eyes, porcelain skin and ruby lips.
They're both clad in short flapper dresses in teal, heavy with beads, sequins and feathers, and wearing dazzling crimson headbands.
They're both smoking cinnamon scented cigarettes in long black bakelite cigarette holders.
They're both utterly dramatic and ravishingly beautiful.
"That's some rigs for space travel..." I'm thinking.
-"Oh, here you are!"
-"We were looking for you everywhere. We got so worried!"
Their voices are deep and husky, sending waves of tingling pleasure all over me.
-"I apologise, but I didn't know you were looking for me."
They both seem to get a little disappointed.
-"We thought you'd be expecting us..."
I'd like to tell them that I was expecting them all my life, but I try to appear tougher than I am and nonchalant enough to impress them.
-"Why should I expect two ladies from space?"
-"Oh, but we didn't come from space. We came from your dreams."
-"I'm Loucille and she's Louella."

Don't wake me up...
20th December, 2014

Add your review of LouLou

Shop for LouLou products online

Shop for LouLou at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for LouLou

Member images of LouLou

There are no member images of LouLou yet. Why not be the first?