LouLou Blue (1995)
    by Cacharel

Reviews of LouLou Blue

Showing 1 to of 4 reviews.
    positive 4 Positive Reviewsneutral No Neutral Reviews • negative No Negative Reviews

JubliantUvula's avatar
    JubliantUvula

IF you have patience for the initial "cat pee" smell to fade you can open your eyes to a warm floral oriental. I almost swear my hand smells warmer! The bottle is execeptionally unique, but you dont need me to tell you. Great Sillage and great Longevity, will buy a small decant.

08 April, 2011

galwaygirl001's avatar
    galwaygirl001
    Ireland Ireland

Loulou Blue will always be my 'first love' perfume and it was my signature fragrance for several years. I discovered it when I was 14 years old and it was love at first sniff! It is long discontinued. I have a little stockpile of four bottles!

LouLou Blue is a oriental floral fragrance, launched in 1995, as a lighter, fresher version of Loulou. Loulou Blue was created by Jean Guichard of Giavudan-Roure in conjunction with Annette Louit of Cacharel.

Top notes: green notes, peach, anise & bergamot
    Middle notes: honeysuckle, orchid, freesia & orris root
    Base notes: sandalwood, tonka bean, vanilla & vetiver

If you can weather the initial burst, Loulou blue is sweet, deep and mysterious.

I cannot understand why cacharel discontinued it, but I suspect lolita lempicka which came out two years later with similar notes - anise, vetiver, tonka, vanilla, orris - stole its thunder! Loulou blue is the better fragrance of the two IMHO.

23 October, 2010 (Last Edited: 28 June, 2012)

elm0505's avatar
    elm0505
    Spain Spain

This has been discontinued, so I keep my flacon in its box like a treasure. And it is, indeed. This perfume is very special. It's sweet, deep and mysterious. The initial blast upon spraying is not very pleasant, as in the original Lou Lou, but within minutes I can smell anise and flowers. The drydown is mostly anise, tonka bean and vanilla with some smoky substance. Lasting power is outstanding, and two tiny squirts are enough, as it's quite heady. IMO it's a perfect winter scent.

Although this could perfectly suit a young woman, I don't feel able to wear it now, it's too powerful for me. Maybe in the future...

11th March, 2009

Seremela's avatar
    Seremela

Loulou Blue is lovely.

Although the bottle is the same as the original Loulou , the fragrance is quite different.

Very faintly you can smell similar notes to the original but this is much lighter, powdery ,flowery sweet .Warm, oriental, alluring ,sexy.

I would call Loulou blue a soft oriental, I think the original Loulou (my first and most favourite perfume)is classified as this but all who know her will say there is nothing soft about her at all, more a bold and dramatic perfume.

So then this one, Loulou blue, is her sweet soft little sister.

The original Loulou lasts 12 to 16 hours on my skin and has wonderful sillage, and as you would expect from Loulou Blue being an EDT it sadly does not last as long , it settles quite fast on the skin, lasts about 4 to 6 hours with a little bit of sillage - enough to get a comment or two.

If you are a lover of Cacharel Fragrances you will not be disappointed !!!!

Overall a fantastic choice , definitely bottle worthy if you like powdery perfumes, but be quick as it has long been discontinued but there are still a few websites who stock it....for now.

11th January, 2009