Gloria (2002)

HouseCacharel
PerfumerOlivier Cresp
Parent CompanyL'Oréal Group > Prestige & Collections

About Gloria

Gloria is a feminine perfume by Cacharel. The scent was launched in 2002 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Olivier Cresp

Gloria fragrance notes

Reviews of Gloria

I was pretty curious with all the raving about Gloria, plus the notes seem promising. So I grab a mini to give it a try. Now I'm mourning for her immature depature.

It opens just like an amaretto then dries down into a creamy mixture of almond, vanilla and amber. The cherry is subtle on me, just a whiff from time to time. It's not the fresh type cherry, but more like gourmand foody cherry. Overall it makes me think of a softened Le Baiser du Dragon without the dry vetiver, a warm cozy scent but still with some edge. The sillage is soft on me and the longevity is at least 6h.

If it had not been discontinued and with a reasonable Cacharel price tag, I might actually grab myself a bottle. However, as I don't have particular memories attached to this scent, I don't have the burning desire to spend a fortune on ebay to own a full bottle.

Cacharel, when shall you return to Glori-a ?
02nd January, 2018
Gloria is a gorgeous frangrance and I have no idea whay Cacherel would discontinue this one while keeping some of their, IMO, inferior perfumes in production. It is mature, warm, sexy and just beautiful.

Gloria is now going for silly prices on ebay etc. I can recommed a good smallalike.. Glorify from Perfume Parlour, smells just like it and is an oil so is long lasting, I get loads of compliments when I wear it.
12th April, 2013
Gloria certainly is Glorious!!!
The cherry, almond, vanilla mix is sex in a bottle, and when u factor in the slightly boozy note I get when my body heat works with the perfume its hot stuff indeed! Good projection, excellent lasting power. I'm baffled as to why Cacharel would discontinue such an amazing fragrance :-/
22nd March, 2012
Bagfish Show all reviews
I found this fragrance nearly ten years ago, before I discovered perfume on the internet. I was looking for an almond fragrance and tried this at the perfume counter in Boots. It was a complete revelation, most perfume I had bought before was floral or green, and didn't sit well on my skin and so I didn't wear often. Gloria is sweet and oriental, with amber and a touch of almondy amaretto. Utterly delicious.

Gloria stands with many of the more expensive "high end" fragrances, and I still really enjoy wearing it on days I need a perfume "hug". The dry down is very comforting, sweet and almondy and it makes me feel warm and happy. This is definitely a fragrance for autumn and winter, it does not wear too well on me in the summer, it is too sweet in the heat.

This perfume has been multi-bottle-worthy, and I am now onto my third (and have been trying to find it on Ebay since it was discontinued). I also have the bath oil (which also works great as a room fragrance in a burner!), the mist and the lotion.

It's a crime that Cacharel discontinued Gloria. It's certainly the best scent that they have ever made, head and shoulders above the likes of the shouty, loud and brash Amor Amor and its ilk. The only other perfume I have found which smells anywhere similar to Gloria on me is Guerlain Spiriteuse Double Vanille which to me shows how good Gloria actually is.
22nd June, 2011
Boozy amaretto, cherry tobacco, vanilla and woods - similar to guerlain spiritueuse double vanille with a better less cloying drydown.

30th November, 2010 (last edited: 05th January, 2012)
My first impression of Gloria was that it was most certainly strong. I was right. The first smell of it was quite overwhelming but I decided to buy it anyway and found out later, much to my pleasure, the smell was powdery, very sensual and exactly what I wanted in a perfume. Suitable for evening wear and whenever u feel powerfully feminine. Love it.
08th August, 2007

Add your review of Gloria

Shop for Gloria products online

Search for on eBay United States

Gloria by Cacharel Perfume Eau De Toilette Spray 1 oz Sealed Box

• USD $64.99
  • Time Left: 7 days
  • Shipping from: United States

Gloria By Cacharel Eau De Toilette 3.4oz 100ml Women's Perfume Rare (Dmage Box)

• USD $199.95

Gloria Cacharel Women's 1.7oz/50ml Eau de Toilette Spray New & Sealed

• USD $124.94
  • Time Left: 16 days
  • Shipping from: United States

Gloria Cacharel Women's 1.7oz/50ml Eau de Toilette Spray New & Sealed. Rare Vint

• USD $100.00
  • Listing Type: Buy it Now
  • Shipping from: United States

GLORIA BY CACHAREL BODY MIST NATURAL SPRAY 100 ML/3.4 FL.OZ. (T)

• USD $69.50

• Time Left: 7 days

Vintage Gloria by Cacharel Bath and Body Oil 3.4oz/100ml

• USD $179.40
  • Shipping from: United States

GLORIA BY CACHAREL BODY MIST NATURAL SPRAY 100 ML/3.4 FL.OZ. (D)

• USD $79.50

Member images of Gloria

There are no member images of Gloria yet. Why not be the first?