Obsession (1985)

PackagingPierre Dinand
Parent CompanyBenckiser > Coty Inc > Coty Prestige
Parent Company at launchMinnetonka

About Obsession

On the launch of this perfume, Calvin Klein said: "I didn't want an old-fashioned recipe, I wanted something direct, sensuous and provocative, which represents the way I feel about women."

Obsession fragrance notes

Reviews of Obsession

In a room wearing Obsession sitting next to a freshly made pomander, a blood orange stuck all over with cloves. I don't know which fragrance is the most divine -- me and Obsession, or the orange and cloves.

I put the tiniest of dabs at pulse points--because I'd been warned, immediately I imagine I'm in a nightclub trailing a rich indolent fragrance which turns heads, but I walk fast, so I don't see expressions.

It calms slightly, I'm in church, sandalwood incense and huge bunches of white stalk at the altar, the scents are intense, but changing-calming.

Hours pass, now writing this, I lift up my wrist, and I AM STILL WEARING A GORILLA, sitting next to a pomander.

I don't want it to stop, it's for me, and I don't care who doesn't like it.

Will I wear it tomorrow? It's an event which must be prepared for.
30th December, 2018
Great scent. My mother wears it.
Great sillage but with moderate longevity.
I suggest you buy this.
Best worn during chilly weather.
30th December, 2017
Love this beautiful rich amber concoction from the eighties. I prefer the original formulation that has the gold band around the cap. I’ve hoarded bottles which I bought from eBay like a maniac lol. This fragrance has a beautiful scent cloud and I would definitely recommend you trying it out. Calvin Klein really was ahead of his time he brought out some real classic fragrances that have stood the test of time.
30th November, 2017
I have both the vintage and reformulated versions of Obsession and they're both good. The vintage has an interesting green note along with the spices and vanilla. It's fresher and rounder. The reformulated version is all spices and vanilla. Cinnamon is especially prominent. I personally find this version a tad bid sweeter and more unisex than the vintage. All in all, I recommend owning both and just thinking of them as separate perfumes.
01st February, 2017
I was born the year that this was released and it must have been worn by many during the 90's because it is so familiar and nostalgic, even though I know my mother didn't wear it.

I don't understand how this can be described by some as 'too sweet'. It is very unisex in my very humble opinion and perhaps has a touch of sweetness but is far from excessive. It's clearly an oriental and one that fit's in rather unnoticed when worn in the here and now, unlike the massive 'power-houses' of the decade, which can now feel heavy and old-fashioned.
03rd September, 2016
Recently, I was bemoaning the fact that perfume seems to have gone out of style. Or at least it seems that way to me. In the days, when a pretty girl walked by, she always seemed to be followed by a pretty scent trail.
In any case, the other day I stumble upon my wife's old bottle of Obsession and decided to try a little on me. I totally love it!
I'm hoping to find a scent that is labeled "for men" that is similar, because my wife will freak out if she finds me wearing a "ladies" perfume. I tend to be less worried about labels than she is.
In the meantime, I am walking thru the perfume departments at the mall enjoying all the wonderful( and sometimes nasty) scents.
25th April, 2016

Add your review of Obsession

Shop for Obsession products online

Shop for Obsession at online perfumeries

Calvin Klein DARK OBSESSION for MEN edt COLOGNE Spray 4 oz MEN NEW IN BOX 338

OBSESSION 4.0 Oz Eau de Toilette SPLASH for Men (NIB) By Calvin Klein

End Date: Friday Jan-18-2019 12:36:02 PST
Buy It Now for only: $39.95
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Obsession By Calvin Klein Women .5 oz 15 ml Eau De Parfum Spray BRAND NEW !!

$5.00 (1 Bid)

Calvin Klein Obsession 3.4oz 100ml

$15.00 (0 Bids)
End Date: Friday Jan-18-2019 14:38:51 PST
Bid now | Add to watch list

Obsession for Men By Calvin Klein Gift Set 4 oz EDT Spray 2.6 oz Deo/ 3.4 oz ASB

End Date: Friday Jan-18-2019 15:23:37 PST
Buy It Now for only: $59.90
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Euphoria for Men By Calvin Klein Gift Set 3.4 oz Eau de Toilette Spray 3.4 After

End Date: Friday Jan-18-2019 15:34:21 PST
Buy It Now for only: $59.90
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Euphoria for Men By Calvin Klein Gift Set 3.4 oz EDT Spray 2.6 oz Deo, 3.4 oz AF

End Date: Friday Jan-18-2019 15:38:08 PST