Obsession (1985)

PackagingPierre Dinand
Parent CompanyBenckiser > Coty Inc > Coty Prestige
Parent Company at launchMinnetonka

About Obsession

On the launch of this perfume, Calvin Klein said: "I didn't want an old-fashioned recipe, I wanted something direct, sensuous and provocative, which represents the way I feel about women."

Obsession fragrance notes

Reviews of Obsession

Great scent. My mother wears it.
Great sillage but with moderate longevity.
I suggest you buy this.
Best worn during chilly weather.
30th December, 2017
Love this beautiful rich amber concoction from the eighties. I prefer the original formulation that has the gold band around the cap. I’ve hoarded bottles which I bought from eBay like a maniac lol. This fragrance has a beautiful scent cloud and I would definitely recommend you trying it out. Calvin Klein really was ahead of his time he brought out some real classic fragrances that have stood the test of time.
30th November, 2017
I have both the vintage and reformulated versions of Obsession and they're both good. The vintage has an interesting green note along with the spices and vanilla. It's fresher and rounder. The reformulated version is all spices and vanilla. Cinnamon is especially prominent. I personally find this version a tad bid sweeter and more unisex than the vintage. All in all, I recommend owning both and just thinking of them as separate perfumes.
01st February, 2017
I was born the year that this was released and it must have been worn by many during the 90's because it is so familiar and nostalgic, even though I know my mother didn't wear it.

I don't understand how this can be described by some as 'too sweet'. It is very unisex in my very humble opinion and perhaps has a touch of sweetness but is far from excessive. It's clearly an oriental and one that fit's in rather unnoticed when worn in the here and now, unlike the massive 'power-houses' of the decade, which can now feel heavy and old-fashioned.
03rd September, 2016
Recently, I was bemoaning the fact that perfume seems to have gone out of style. Or at least it seems that way to me. In the days, when a pretty girl walked by, she always seemed to be followed by a pretty scent trail.
In any case, the other day I stumble upon my wife's old bottle of Obsession and decided to try a little on me. I totally love it!
I'm hoping to find a scent that is labeled "for men" that is similar, because my wife will freak out if she finds me wearing a "ladies" perfume. I tend to be less worried about labels than she is.
In the meantime, I am walking thru the perfume departments at the mall enjoying all the wonderful( and sometimes nasty) scents.
25th April, 2016
Oviatt Show all reviews
Oriental run amok. This is an overdose of amber, a diabetic coma of a scent that takes no prisoners. I have never found a Calvin Klein scent-for men or women--that I really like, but this is one that I actively dislike. The same ingredients, in the hands of a master perfumer, could have been great. Such a huge launch at the time, this was everywhere and the very sensual ads created lots of hype. While Dinand is a master designer, I never really understood the egg-shaped bottle. I am very pro choice when it comes to everyone's right to wear fragrances of their choice in public, offices, etc. but once I worked in an office where our receptionist wore it and it literally made me avoid the lobby at all costs. At one point, one of my clients, when shown into the conference room mentioned it and I was almost ready to speak to her about it when the office got a petition together for HR. No connection, I am sure, but she didn't stay long at the firm.
03rd June, 2015

Obsession by Calvin Klein EDP Perfume for Women 3.3 / 3.4 oz New Tester

• USD $18.11
  • Time Left: 4 days
  • Shipping from: United States

Obsession By Calvin Klein Women 3.4 oz 100 ml Eau De Parfum Spray Tst Bottle Cap

• USD $21.95