Eternity (1988)

HouseCalvin Klein
Parent CompanyBenckiser > Coty Inc > Coty Prestige
Parent Company at launchMinnetonka

About Eternity

Eternity was inspired Calvin's marriage to Kelly Rector. Calvin gave Kelly a beautiful antique ring inscribed with the word, 'eternity'.
Eternity is a floral scent.

Eternity fragrance notes

Reviews of Eternity

My husband surprised me with this for no reason. He probably found a good deal on ebay. My sister loved this when it first came out. I like it and I have received compliments. Its so floral and light I can go a little crazy when I spray it on.
28th May, 2015
Genre: Floral Oriental

Eternity is a fruity rose scent that feels like Sophia Grojsman’s attempt at a brighter, sweeter, and less complicated riff on the fruity-green rose chypre style she’d established with Calyx and Paris, and would explore further in Trésor, 100% Love, Yvresse, and Kashâya. While I’m not overly fond of any of Grojsman’s essays on this theme, Eternity represents the weakest entry I have yet encountered.

In this case, the whole concoction just feels cheap. The fruit accord is crude, harsh and artificial, without the plush lactonic accents that give scents like Yvresse and Kashâya their enveloping sense of indulgent luxury. What finally lets Eternity down though is the quality of its rose, which is too shrill, bitter, and soapy to tolerate over several hours of wear. I also find the rose excruciatingly loud, especially in the eau de parfum concentration. My takeaway impression is cheap, crude, and nasty.
13th June, 2014
It's good but doesn't last long and very subtle.. good for romantic wear for a young minded girl. It's not amazing but I like and the girls like they described it as Romantic, Flowerly, Manly

yeah I don't get how flowers and manly work together but those are what I've been told. There is better out there though and that's why I won't be purchasing it
09th April, 2013
The one and only perfume I truly can't stand. I had some house guests it must be about 20 years ago and one of them reeked of this. It smelled to me a mixture of arrogant and urinal-like. The 'arrogant' didn't come from the wearer who was a perfectly pleasant if somewhat overly conventional girl. I agree with Darvant about the gaminess, which coupled with the sharpness make it rank. I honestly can't even stay in the room with anyone wearing this, and the sillage must be unrivalled. I get it from a mile away.
Overall impression; urine of a cyborg animal; indended for territorial marking.
31st January, 2013
I don't particularly love this familiar and basically sharp fragrance that smells to me a bit dissonant, almost sweaty and synthetic. The mix is really floral with hints of green notes, citrus (mostly orange), some spices (a touch of cinnamon, cloves?), introducing a woody/musky base with just a touch of amber. The dry down is mostly sandalwood and musk under my nose. I detect some simil cherry synthetic fruity note in contrast with some green sharp element and the floral combination is deep and pungent. Penetrating floral notes (the lily effect is dominant to me together with the one from freesia), synthetic fruits, heady patchouli and a pronounced woody vibe are too powerful and unbalanced to me, producing a final dissonance. The final effect is too cloying, detergent kind and sweaty.
16th December, 2012 (last edited: 17th December, 2012)
My sister told me if you see a large number of a fragrance at TJ Max or similar clearance stores it means they're going to reformulate it or discontinue it. I saw a huge display of the original KL in the mid 80's at such a store, low & behold the scent was reformulated to something gross smelling. So when I recently saw a stack of (GASP!) Eternity bottles at TJ's I bought a couple. Yes, it's the real, original scent. Lots of light feminine notes, mostly light floral. But it can project a mile if used with a heavy hand! I hate to think this nice scent is most likely going to be changed.
04th October, 2012 (last edited: 22nd November, 2012)

Add your review of Eternity

Shop for Eternity products online

Shop for Eternity at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Eternity

Member images of Eternity

There are no member images of Eternity yet. Why not be the first?