Escape (1991)

100ml EdP
    50ml EdP
    50ml EdT

Reviews of Escape

Showing 1 to 6 of 23 reviews.

AgendaInMind's avatar

I was looking for a replacement for my favorite discontinued scent, New West. I searched online for similar notes including this site, and got a lot of suggestions. I don't like to wear different perfumes. I like to have a signature scent so that people identify me by one sniff. I love fresh, clean, aquatic, melony types of scents. According to "distinguished" folk, the love for aquatics is similar to a love for synthetic leather. I don't even care! I ordered samples of Issey Miyake something D'Issey, Eternity Summer 2014, Clinique Happy Heart, Clean Skin, Clean Rain (already use), Escape, and True Star. Calvin Klein Escape was the winner, hands down! From beginning to the dry down, it smells absolutely amazing on my skin, clothes, everywhere. I love it, I love it! And it's so inexpensive, that's the best part. Thanks for all the help on this website!

15th March, 2015

theUntrainedNose's avatar

Summary: For me, starts nice, but the melon note becomes overpowering after a while and I cannot tolerate it.

Smells nice. A little flowery but not sweet at all. Mainly a fresh flowery scent. The flowery part is very nice, reminds me of wild flowers and wild bushes.

However, there's some note on the fresh side of this fragrance that displeases me. Maybe it is the melon, which does not smell like those sweet, fragrant, melt in your mouth melons, but just as those unpleasant, too-green melons which are a disappointment.

For me, replacing the green melon note with carnation would have been perfect, as I seem to like the other notes together. As it is, I am not sure I can get over the green melon note to enjoy the rest.

Edited to add: The sillage was actually strong enough for the melon note to become overpowering and distracting while programming at work (had applied it on my left arm near the wrist). Had to scrub it twice with hand soap and apply scented lotion to make it disappear. It seems I cannot handle this melon note after all, which is a shame as the rest was very serene and pleasing to me.

01st November, 2014

JackTwist's avatar

Escape was the first of the "oceanic" sea scents, based on the molecule, Calone, which imparted an "aqueous melon note," which marketers "convinced the world ...was the scent of the sea" - quotes from Roja Dove.

Turin called it "white floral," (?) and gave it but two stars, but nodded that this was a description of the re-formulation. Barbara Herman calls it an "aquatic, clean and fruity-floral."

This aquatic scent was soon copied into shampoos and detergents for the mass market, thus diminishing the uniqueness of Escape itself.

Top notes: Peach, Melon, Bergamot, Apricot, Mandarin, Apple, Black Currant, Colone, Chamomile, Plum
    Heart notes: Rose, Muguet, Orris, Cyclamen, Heliotrope, Ylang, Rosewood, Carnation, Jasmine, Coriander, Clove
    Base notes: Cedar, Vanilla, Amber, Musk, Sandalwood, Oakmoss

I found it to be a fruity floral, drying down to a pleasant grassy/reedy scent, reminiscent of Artemesia, but sweeter.

I did not find it to be a distinguished scent by any means.

20th October, 2014

Shifty Bat's avatar

Pleasant and faintly salty peach and plum white floral with a tropical feel, like a Fuzzy Navel or similar mixed drink. Though Listen by Herb Alpert predated this approach by a couple of years (and doubtless was entwined with the creation of the original Kenzo Pour Homme) CK's Escape is really one of the most natural-smelling in the company's arsenal. It suffers from an inevitable lack of excitement but it serves its purpose well - a scent for languishing in the sun on a day off or transporting the wearer to such a place even if they have to work today after all.

14th April, 2014

MimiJoy's avatar

I was wearing it when almost nobody was in Italy, back in the 90's

Of course I was much younger and Escape was a perfect partner in crime for my youth. Fruity, fresh, floral the original formula had all the happiness of that carefree age.

As soon as the fragrance appeared on the Italian shelves it was on EVERY woman passing by and to me Escape lost its magic spell.

It remains an enjoyable fragrance for teens and holds lots of good memories. Would not wear it now (I am 39 yo) though as I have a matured a different self consciousness and look for different notes in a perfume.

04th September, 2012

sofababe's avatar

Summer has definitely arrived once I'm wearing Escape, there can be no mistake.
    I don't know why it is but this amazing frag smells the same no matter how long you wear it, camomile is predominent, backed up by marigold and hyacinth. Just enough sweetness is brought to the mix by the melon and lychee, and peach I think.
    No matter how old I get (I'm 42 almost), CK scents remind me of the 90s. I had a set of minis in the late 90s containing CK One, Eternity, Obsession, Contradiction and Escape. There is still a similar product but they swapped Escape for Truth.
    Escape smells of sunshine, simple as that.

19th March, 2012

Add your review of Escape

Search for on eBay United States

ESCAPE BY CALVIN KLEIN COLOGNE 3.3 3.4 OZ 100 ML EDT SPRAY NIB SEALED
    • Time Left:
    (Shipping from United States)
    CALVIN KLEIN ESCAPE 3 OZ EDT SPRAY NO BOX LTD QTYS BEST $ EVER!
    • Listing Type: Auction
    • Time Left: 28 days
    ESCAPE BY CALVIN KLEIN COLOGNE 3.3 3.4 OZ EDT SPRAY TESTER BOTTLE WITH CAP
    • Time Left: 20 days

Member images of Escape

There are no member images of Escape yet. Why not be the first?