Carolina Herrera (1988)

SupplierIFF
PackagingAndré Ricard
Parent CompanyPuig Beauty & Fashion Group > Puig Prestige Beauty Brands

About Carolina Herrera

Carolina Herrera is a feminine perfume by Carolina Herrera. The scent was launched in 1988 and the bottle was designed by André Ricard

Carolina Herrera fragrance notes

Reviews of Carolina Herrera

In 1978 Madeleine Mono created the first of two scents, which she named after herself. Ten years later Carolina Herrara created her first scent, which she named after herself. The unusual thing is that to my nose, both are alike. Both pay homage to Piguet's masterpiece, Fracas, with its mist of heady white florals and peach with tuberose at the center.

I quote below from my Basenotes review of Madeleine de Madeleine:

"This is an excellent tuberose dominated floral bouquet, that is fresh and joyful, also a little green and dry in the base.

Madeleine D is really just about tuberose, surrounded by not necessarily white florals and a nice solid base, as mentioned above. It is not cloying or over the top. The green note keeps the tuberose subdued and grounded."

I detect honeysuckle as one of the white florals accompanying the tuberose in the Herrara. It is a heady, fresh floral scent, old-fashioned in a good sense. Certainly if you are a tuberose fan, you can't go wrong with this one.

23rd October, 2015
People who lived large and loud in the 1980s will tell you that the bigness of the era was a reflection of exuberance and the sense of endless potential. It wasn’t. It was mostly just un-nuanced and noisy.

Enter Carolina Herrera, the perfume, not the person. It’s a child’s stick-drawing of a tuberose blown up to billboard size, shaken with a shot of over-concentrated sugar-free grape kool-aid. Both monstrous and shrill, it was overconfident where it should have been self-conscious. Classically 80s in style, Carolina Herrera reminds me how tedious and draining those conversations with people on blow were.
30th November, 2012
This was my signature scent for awhile in the late 80s. I don't know if I could tolerate it now. First, it's been changed. Second, it's pretty darn intense and I don't usually like to "go there". I still keep a mini in my collection.
30th October, 2011
dimplesg Show all reviews
I forgot how lovely this fragrance is! I discovered it again today going through an draw full of old perfumes. I bought this 100ml bottle over 12 years ago, have only used around 25ml and it hasn't gone off; probably because it was still in its box in a draw. Anyway, back to the scent. IMO it is a pretty strong scent but I love scents with presence. Its not really musky, dark and heavy but more floral heavy. I'm not very good at describing scents as some of the more experienced perfume experts on basenotes but I do know that it is a pretty scent in a more mature kind of way. It is also, for me, a feel good perfume and full of class.
19th June, 2011
This is a classy, elegant blend of tuberose & jasmine, with soft woods in the base. lt's heady at first, but strangely fresh & airy at the same time. The sillage is lovely, it stays quite linear but lasts a very long time. l think it would probably be too much in hot weather, & requires only a very light application, but it makes me feel very feminine & is suitable for everyday. lt's very similar to Chanel Gardenia, & much more reasonably priced!
23rd September, 2010

A classic super floral with massive sillage for the first two hours -very beautiful - then something unfortunate happens, the bergamot and narcissus become more pronounced and a bit oily/greasy and overshadow every other note.
16th August, 2010

Add your review of Carolina Herrera

Shop for Carolina Herrera products online

Shop for Carolina Herrera at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Carolina Herrera

Member images of Carolina Herrera

There are no member images of Carolina Herrera yet. Why not be the first?