212 (1997)

HouseCarolina Herrera
PerfumerAlberto Morillas
Parent CompanyPuig Beauty & Fashion Group > Puig Prestige Beauty Brands

About 212

212 is a feminine perfume by Carolina Herrera. The scent was launched in 1997 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Alberto Morillas

Reviews of 212

212 was my first international designer fragrance back in the 90s so I thought it would be nice my first review to be about it. I clearly remember the day when I made acquaintance with 212: it was a hot summer day; I was working and entered a drugstore with a friend in order to get her some painkillers. While she was shopping for the medicine I started browsing the store, specifically at the perfume counter. I was immediately attracted to the silver package with the crystal clear liquid in it. The sales attendant offered me to try it, which I did. The rest of the afternoon I spent sniffing my wrist and feeling cooled down in face of the brazing heat. A week later I went back to the drugstore and acquired my first bottle of 212. It became my first signature fragrance and I recall receiving many compliments, both from men and women. One in particular was from a male friend who stated 212 was how I should always smell like. My passion for this fragrance lasted until international designer fragrances became more accessible in my country, due to globalization. And globalization was also one of the reasons I started smelling 212 in many other women around me. I kept it as my main scent for a while, but later became bored both with its linearity and popularity, so we parted ways. Twenty years later, revisiting the fragrances that started my love for the perfume world and not smelling 212 around me so often as in the past, I decided it was time to own a bottle again. When my bottle arrived and I eagerly applied it I immediately recollected why I fell in love with it in the past: a soft, clean, slightly powdery fragrance, with lovely white flowers that, together, compose a soothing aura for me. It still has great longevity and a projection that allows you to smell the fragrance constantly for at least 4 hours. After so many years I can state that my passion grew into love and I'll keep 212 in my collection not only for the sake of fond memories, but also because it smells simple and divine to me.
02nd March, 2018
Salutation.

I always admire the Easy-Wearing smooth fragrances by CAROLINA HERRERA.212 is
really Elegant and Refreshing and at the same time Lasting and Gentle.It is like a breath of fresh air. Lively, Clean,Urban,Modern,Enjoyable,Tasteful, Airy and Delightful.

Clean and Crisp notes of bergamot, mandarin orange and orange blossom mingle with soft floral notes and are soothed by warm sandalwood and musk as
evokes a feeling of Serenity and Beauty.Freshness is a definite attribute in it.

It is a perfect fragrance for SUNNY days however this Soft Romantic scent is nice for an Intimate Encounter.
I also think this is a scent for many ages of women but one thing is obvious,You can not wear it without feeling young.when you wear it you feel wonderfully alive Ladies this is the scent for Life.

Sillage?Lovely.

Longevity?Very Good on my skin.

11th May, 2015
I have had this in the past and am ordering again today. It's delightful and stays with me for awhile.
03rd July, 2014
I really, really like this fragrance. Surprising, because I never expected to.

It's slightly fruity, it's fresh and it's powdery. Three qualities that I usually detest in fragrances, however this scent is bliss for me.

I actually adore the cactus note, strangely enough. I suppose it is to be expected seeming that my mother collects many rare and interesting cacti for her garden. I'm practically surrounded by the scent of cactus whenever I go home, so perhaps this scent sparks sentimental value for me.

Apart from the cactus note, I also sense the mandarin orange and orange blossom notes which are subtle yet divine. The floral notes which make their first appearance after the initial 10 minutes, are quite powdery and strange, not at all what you'd expect. The flowers are somewhat plastic and artificial smelling, however I believe it only adds to this fragrance's appeal.

The sillage is actually quite strong, which surprised me because most scents of this nature are soft and intimate. The lasting power is also fabulous.

I would recommend 212 as a unique Spring/Summer fragrance for women that long to stand out in a crowd.

04th June, 2011
One thing that I notice is that the longevity is amazing. It's fresh, floral smelling but it's not too sweet but still feminine. I love it and wear it to work and get compliments from colleagues. Great scent for both work and play. Not so much for formal events though, but good enough for daily office wear and a day out at the mall or barbecue with friends.
18th June, 2009
This the sexiest women fragrance i've ever smelled .... very clean, very fiminine , very charming ... irresistable.... the different kinds of flowers blended in a very great way .... perfect perfume indeed ...
30th March, 2009

• Time Left: 1 day

212 by Carolina Herrera 2.0 oz EDT Perfume for Women New In Box

• USD $39.98
  • Shipping from: United States

212 Cologne 6.7 / 3.4 / 1.7 / 1.0 oz BY CAROLINA HERRERA MEN EDT Spray BRAND NEW

• USD $64.00

• Time Left: 21 days

• USD $57.99
  • Time Left:

Member images of 212

There are no member images of 212 yet. Why not be the first?