Fleurs de Rocaille (1934)
by Caron

Fleurs de Rocaille information

Year of Launch1934

HouseCaron
PerfumerErnest Daltroff
PackagingFélicie Bergaud
Parent CompanyAles Group

About Fleurs de Rocaille

Fleurs de Rocaille is a feminine perfume by Caron. The scent was launched in 1934 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Ernest Daltroff. The bottle was designed by Félicie Bergaud

Fleurs de Rocaille fragrance notes

Reviews of Fleurs de Rocaille

Yet another super classic floral bomb, with a lot of jasmine, lavender and heliotrope; earth, pollen, aldehydes, sumptuosity and femininity at its best. Slightly honeyed, and increasingly soapy as minutes pass - a floral, rich, powdery and slightly metallic kind of soapy. A hint of citrus at the opening, camphoraceous resins and benzoin on the base. Can't get any more classic than this, in a totally good and compelling way: a safe, confident, classy, well-aged and even kind of austerely majestic floral chypre for elegant ladies (and men). Perhaps unoriginal (or a bit washed-down in the current version), but a solid one.

7,5/10
29th September, 2014
This is the only scent that reminds me of Estee Lauder's White Linen. White Linen is my signature scent. Fleurs de Rocaille is like a softer more summery version of White Linen to me. I do find it lasts on my skin, although on others I see it does not. It does rate good comments when I wear it and I always have a backup bottle. When I first smelled it it was like stumbling on a golden smell I'd looked for for a long time.

I agree, this perfume is 'done right'.
19th September, 2014
The opening of Fleurs de Rocaille is very aledhydic, though on my skin the aldehydes only last a short time, giving way to almost bittersweet floral notes (which remind of me heather and gorse). After 5-6 hours it is still very strong, and becomes very animalic: I have seen some fragrances (most notably Kouros) described as having an almost urine note, which is definitely evident in this stage of Fleurs de Rocaille; maybe it's a type of musk. It's not unpleasant, but definitely animalic.

Apart from the aldehydic notes which only last 10-15 minutes on my skin, I can't compare Fleurs de Rocaille with perfumes such as Chanel No5 or Arpege, as I have seen a number of online reviews doing. Fleurs de Rocaille is very elegant and sophistcated, and certainly not dated.

Do not confuse Fleurs de Rocaille with the newer Fleur de Rocaille, which is a much more modern and in my opinion, not very pleasant floral fragrance.
24th August, 2014
I don't know where people are getting aldehydes in this...this is a straight up floral blend,
appropriate at all times and nice in warm, even hot, weather. Never too cloying
03rd July, 2014
Very light, undistinguished floral medley of rose, jasmine, violet, lily of the valley, musk, cedar, sandalwood, oak moss. Luca Turin describes it as "a carnation floral, so prim and proper it feels almost disapproving." He gives it an "adequate" rating, while his co-author, Tania Sanchez tags it as "disappointing."

I agree. This modern reformulation of the original 1934 creation is dull and lifeless.
02nd May, 2013
For the duchesses' symposiums at Court. I don't exactly remember whether Al Pacino was talking about Fleur or Fleurs de Rocaille in its notorious Scent of Woman but i'm sure about the identity of the fragrance i tested and this one is the older Fleurs de Rocaille, a fragrance which an old seller gave me as a gift as soon as i purchased nearby its decrepit shop a 100 ml Marte Arte Battistoni for €25,00. So lucky am i, and so patient as an olfactory investigator ready to rake the old decrepit shops around the world. I tested the one in the old packaging far different from the modern niche one and i'm almost sure it was the vintage, vintage version. What to say? Absolutely hard to wear nowadays with its old-school cologny vibe but timeless for sure. This is an ethereal fragrance, celestial, cool, conservative and gentle as a natural whiff carring out a victorian garden floral early riser aroma. I detect the otherworldly aldehydes airy/powdery touch for sure, perceive the bergamot, the lemony vibe, the astringent herbs and obviously the complicated floral bouquet with all those "magistrally stuffy" nuances of ylang-ylang, muguet, rose/jasmine and violet. Many other sharp floral nuances (carnation and geranium overall) whirl over the woody (sandalwood-cedarwood) base and the juice holds on to be sharp (despite hints of perfectly balanced rounding amber/musk providing faint soapiness/powderiness) and natural till the end. I do not detect a sweet or mellow fruity presence in the blend for sure. Probably a minimal hint of civet closes the round in order to bind its action with a vintage connection of aldehydes, hesperides and patchouli. I have this extremely classic fragrance in my collection now and i'm proud of it.
29th November, 2012 (last edited: 13th January, 2014)

Add your review of Fleurs de Rocaille

Shop for Fleurs de Rocaille products online

Shop for Fleurs de Rocaille at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Fleurs de Rocaille

Member images of Fleurs de Rocaille

There are no member images of Fleurs de Rocaille yet. Why not be the first?