Fleurs de Rocaille (1934)
by Caron

Fleurs de Rocaille information

Year of Launch1934

HouseCaron
PerfumerErnest Daltroff
PackagingFélicie Bergaud
Parent CompanyAles Group

About Fleurs de Rocaille

Fleurs de Rocaille is a feminine perfume by Caron. The scent was launched in 1934 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Ernest Daltroff. The bottle was designed by Félicie Bergaud

Fleurs de Rocaille fragrance notes

Reviews of Fleurs de Rocaille

rbaker Show all reviews
A slightly sweet, nicely glowing jasmine is the core top note - and top in quality it is indeed, with a hint of gentle sweetness. This as well as the drydown is chracterised by an overarching abundance of aldehydes, giving is a crisp side. In the base a sandal appears, and I also get a honeyed creamy impression that at times takes on ambery characteristics.

All this is beautifully blended of ingredients of highest quality. I get moderate sillage, adequate projection and six hours of longevity. Strangely though, after six hours a slightly powdery resurgence of the honeyed amber provides pleasant transient reminiscences, which last another five hours, albeit extremely close to my skin. And have to apply it very liberally, otherwise it last less long.

A classic of simple structure but of the highest quality. 3.5/5
14th August, 2015
Yet another super classic floral bomb, with a lot of jasmine, lavender and heliotrope; earth, pollen, aldehydes, sumptuosity and femininity at its best. Slightly honeyed, and increasingly soapy as minutes pass - a floral, rich, powdery and slightly metallic kind of soapy. A hint of citrus at the opening, camphoraceous resins and benzoin on the base. Can't get any more classic than this, in a totally good and compelling way: a safe, confident, classy, well-aged and even kind of austerely majestic floral chypre for elegant ladies (and men). Perhaps unoriginal (or a bit washed-down in the current version), but a solid one.

7,5/10
29th September, 2014
This is the only scent that reminds me of Estee Lauder's White Linen. White Linen is my signature scent. Fleurs de Rocaille is like a softer more summery version of White Linen to me. I do find it lasts on my skin, although on others I see it does not. It does rate good comments when I wear it and I always have a backup bottle. When I first smelled it it was like stumbling on a golden smell I'd looked for for a long time.

I agree, this perfume is 'done right'.
19th September, 2014
The opening of Fleurs de Rocaille is very aledhydic, though on my skin the aldehydes only last a short time, giving way to almost bittersweet floral notes (which remind of me heather and gorse). After 5-6 hours it is still very strong, and becomes very animalic: I have seen some fragrances (most notably Kouros) described as having an almost urine note, which is definitely evident in this stage of Fleurs de Rocaille; maybe it's a type of musk. It's not unpleasant, but definitely animalic.

Apart from the aldehydic notes which only last 10-15 minutes on my skin, I can't compare Fleurs de Rocaille with perfumes such as Chanel No5 or Arpege, as I have seen a number of online reviews doing. Fleurs de Rocaille is very elegant and sophistcated, and certainly not dated.

Do not confuse Fleurs de Rocaille with the newer Fleur de Rocaille, which is a much more modern and in my opinion, not very pleasant floral fragrance.
24th August, 2014
I don't know where people are getting aldehydes in this...this is a straight up floral blend,
appropriate at all times and nice in warm, even hot, weather. Never too cloying
03rd July, 2014
Very light, undistinguished floral medley of rose, jasmine, violet, lily of the valley, musk, cedar, sandalwood, oak moss. Luca Turin describes it as "a carnation floral, so prim and proper it feels almost disapproving." He gives it an "adequate" rating, while his co-author, Tania Sanchez tags it as "disappointing."

I agree. This modern reformulation of the original 1934 creation is dull and lifeless.
02nd May, 2013

Add your review of Fleurs de Rocaille

Shop for Fleurs de Rocaille products online

Shop for Fleurs de Rocaille at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Fleurs de Rocaille

Member images of Fleurs de Rocaille

There are no member images of Fleurs de Rocaille yet. Why not be the first?