Voeu de NoŽl (1939)

About Voeu de NoŽl

Originally known as Rose de Noel

Reviews of Voeu de NoŽl

rbaker Show all reviews
A lilac with a lovely violet undertone greets me in the first moment, and soon develops a spiced cinnamon aroma that is testimony to the Christmas theme that the name of this creation alludes to. Cinnamon bun meets a bunch of flowers.

In the drydown a rose develops, a rich, slightly dark, smooth and velvety rose. Additional floral components appear with time, most notably hyacinth, intensive carnation and whiffs of oleander.

Towards the base the slightly sweetish spiciness reasserts itself, accentuated by hints of a very restrained oakmoss that just provides the right counterbalance to the sweetish spices. Through the second part of the development I get a soft and bright powderiness in the background.

I get moderate sillage, excellent projection and a stupendous longevity of fifteen hours on my skin.

This scent for Christmas evenings is of amazing intensity and purity. It is composed of ingredients of the highest quality, with good texture, structured well and very skillfully blended.

One of Caron's finest. 4.25/5.
07th March, 2019
BayKAT Show all reviews
This is listed as discontinued, but I paid $20 for a .25 mL sample (ouch!)
Am I sorry it was put out of production? Not really. The opening and first three hours wear like N'aimez que moi on me, i.e.: a deep, rich rose accord on a sumptuous chypre base.

Now that I am in the four hour stretch this is getting sweet. I don't have the notes to reference, but I suspect jasmine is too blame here. I'm used to Caron's mellowing out and hitting that 'chord' which is unique to them, but this more floral-sweet, with the slightest ksis of spice.

If this was still in production I probably wouldn't chase after it, but I know who would. Anyone who is tired of the limp, sipid florals that are offered today and yearns for something with more elegance. Also any rose/jasmine fans. Should you spend the money to try this? YES! Even though it's not a must-have for me, the quality is unequaled in today's perfumery.
25th June, 2010

Add your review of Voeu de NoŽl

Shop for Voeu de NoŽl products online

Member images of Voeu de NoŽl

There are no member images of Voeu de NoŽl yet. Why not be the first?