Parfum Sacré (1990)

Shop for Parfum Sacré products online

50ml EdP
    $112.91*
    50ml EdP
    (*converted from GBP 67.50)

Reviews of Parfum Sacré

Showing 1 to 6 of 48 reviews.

Mufta Mamma's avatar
    Mufta Mamma

This scent is a little disappointing in that it quickly settles into nothing more than a smooth vanilla musk, with nothing to recommend it as unusual or provocative. It's suited to casual wear, but won't make any striking impressions on anyone.

09 February, 2014

JackTwist's avatar
    JackTwist

Spicy Peppery Rose drying down to warm dry Carnation

On my skin this begins with a blast of peppery rose (similar to Perles de Lalique), then becomes a rich, unctuous, resiny chypre with notes of myrrh and vanilla, drying down to a very dry carnation/clove note that is very light. In the middle phase, there is a note I've never experienced before, reminding me of a rich, sweet, smoldering wood about to burst into flame.

Complex and intriguing, but it disappears too quickly and has poor sillage, to be one I will spend money to own.

Star review is based solely on the scent, not sillage or longetivity.

Pros: Rich, complex and sensual
    Cons: Poor sillage and longetivity"

05 August, 2013

lottalotta's avatar
    lottalotta
    Sweden Sweden

Bought this unsniffed, and like it even though I hardly get any rose. Its all incense and spices but in a soft way. More fleeting than full and round.Dries down powdery and clean.
    Pepper and myrrh really stands out the most to me. Today I wound up layering it up with a rose soliflore just to try om make it what I expected it to be.
    Longevity and projection average, not more, but still a nice and interesting addition to my collection id say.

20th December, 2012

gimmegreen's avatar
    gimmegreen
    Netherlands Netherlands

The luxuriousness of some Caron blends prompts a ‘just can’t get enough’ urge. What is it about Parfum Sacre that makes me want to bathe in it, regardless of whether this would actually be a good idea? I don’t know. It’s like an exquisitely crafted object which has been meticulously polished and burnished until it’s difficult to believe human hands were involved in the making. Here we have a balmy, woody, myrrh which radiates comfort; there are satiny powders lurking and delicate spices that please even my low tolerance; the floral elements sing off-stage (I can’t spot a rose or jasmine note, just the breath of something fresh and sweet); the whole is like an aura cocooning the wearer. Glorious exhilarating stuff. Has risen swiftly into the ranks of my all time favourites.
    (Review is for EDP.)

18 July, 2012

someperfumes's avatar
    someperfumes

A very beautiful scent, elegant and sensual, but it has NO sillage on me!!! I sprayed quite a lot on my wrist, and I can't even smell it 4 inches away. Hence the neutral rating. This is for EDP.

26 June, 2012

KarmaLee's avatar
    KarmaLee

Parfum Sacre's entrance in my life began with sample--that I love to sample. But I have never gone ahead and ordered the full bottle.

The opening hits hard with an almost industrial, artificial aldehyde overload backed up by a dry rose tone and rich incense lightened with a hint of balsam and a dash of citrus. After just a second, I find myself craving the scent, sniffing deeper, longer. I love the opening, that complexity of the man-made and the natural. It feels like a scent made by a sorceress in a steampunk lab. A very sophistacated sorceress with a keen nose and a sense of sacred ritual.

Then....

The next stage loses me. The heady opening dries down quick on me to something a bit, flat. The complexity of the opening becomes a bit of powdered incense and cheap hotel soap. If this fragrance kept more of that opening through the middle to the drydown, I would wrap myself in it often.

As it is, I opening it, spread a small amount down the side of my index finger and smell until the lovely opening dissipates. I then go through my day yearning for that scent again. I want to talk to the sorceress who made it and say, "Make the beginning last please." She keeps denying me the pleasure.

04 March, 2012