Parfum Sacré (1990)

Based on 304 ratings

Parfum Sacré Fragrance notes

Pepper, Cinnamon, Musk

Parfum Sacré information

Parfum Sacré is a women's fragrance by Caron. The scent was launched in 1990 and the bottle was designed by Verrieres Brosse

Shop for Parfum Sacré products online

50ml EdP
    100ml EdP
    $105.58*
    50ml EdP
    (*converted from GBP 67.50)

Reviews of Parfum Sacré

Showing 1 to 6 of 50 reviews.

Way Off Scenter's avatar

Genre: Floral Oriental

Parfum Sacré is one seductive potion. Its rich, heady opening includes well-blended notes of jasmine, rose, citrus, and crisp spices. A warm, yeasty note and a touch of incense emerge quickly to add sultry depth to the heart accord. The dark spices and incense become more apparent as the scent develops, joining the rose, jasmine, and vanilla to weave a sheer, exotic veil around the wearer.

This is an unapologetically weighty sent, and no apologies are needed! Some say it’s old-fashioned, but Parfum Sacré is far too dark and dangerous to rate as stuffy or Victorian. If grandma wears this, grandma is one sexy lady. Mrs. Robinson, anybody?

This fragrance requires both maturity and confidence of its wearer. Not for little girls, but on a woman of thirty or more, with presence, poise, and plenty of personal style, Parfum Sacré can be devastating.

Parfum Sacré has tremendous sillage and projection, and a spicy incense, musk, and vanilla drydown that carries on for several hours. A great composition, but not your sweet, safe, casual daytime fragrance. Don’t wear it to the office if you’re not looking to attract undue attention.

23rd June, 2014

ClaireV's avatar

Ireland Ireland

Instant love for me. I had to go on eBay immediately and get a full 100ml bottle. This has never happened for me. It is full, and soft, peppery yet gentle, with the softest whispers of incense and amber underneath. I put it on...and ahhh...instant comfort and love. I was putting my three-year old son to bed a half an hour later, and he sniffed me and said "What's that smell?". I held my wrist up to his nose and asked "Is it my perfume? Do you like it?" and he simply said "Like it". To me, this is a private, sacred smell forever to be used by me as a bedtime/putting my children to bed scent. Tender, soft, gentle, and yet so totally me. This one took my breath away. Sorry I can not be more coherent than this.

Oh yes, to add a note - the notes are fuzzy and well-blended, but after the top notes, which are peppery (but not violently so), there is a long mid-section that is quite soapy, well, rosey and soapy and woody. But it is not harsh at all, it is very gentle, finely milled soap, and creamy woods.

07th May, 2014

Mufta Mamma's avatar

This scent is a little disappointing in that it quickly settles into nothing more than a smooth vanilla musk, with nothing to recommend it as unusual or provocative. It's suited to casual wear, but won't make any striking impressions on anyone.

09th February, 2014

JackTwist's avatar

Spicy Peppery Rose drying down to warm dry Carnation

On my skin this begins with a blast of peppery rose (similar to Perles de Lalique), then becomes a rich, unctuous, resiny chypre with notes of myrrh and vanilla, drying down to a very dry carnation/clove note that is very light. In the middle phase, there is a note I've never experienced before, reminding me of a rich, sweet, smoldering wood about to burst into flame.

Complex and intriguing, but it disappears too quickly and has poor sillage, to be one I will spend money to own.

Star review is based solely on the scent, not sillage or longetivity.

Pros: Rich, complex and sensual
    Cons: Poor sillage and longetivity"

05th August, 2013

lottalotta's avatar

Sweden Sweden

Bought this unsniffed, and like it even though I hardly get any rose. Its all incense and spices but in a soft way. More fleeting than full and round.Dries down powdery and clean.
    Pepper and myrrh really stands out the most to me. Today I wound up layering it up with a rose soliflore just to try om make it what I expected it to be.
    Longevity and projection average, not more, but still a nice and interesting addition to my collection id say.

20th December, 2012

gimmegreen's avatar

Netherlands Netherlands

The luxuriousness of some Caron blends prompts a ‘just can’t get enough’ urge. What is it about Parfum Sacre that makes me want to bathe in it, regardless of whether this would actually be a good idea? I don’t know. It’s like an exquisitely crafted object which has been meticulously polished and burnished until it’s difficult to believe human hands were involved in the making. Here we have a balmy, woody, myrrh which radiates comfort; there are satiny powders lurking and delicate spices that please even my low tolerance; the floral elements sing off-stage (I can’t spot a rose or jasmine note, just the breath of something fresh and sweet); the whole is like an aura cocooning the wearer. Glorious exhilarating stuff. Has risen swiftly into the ranks of my all time favourites.
    (Review is for EDP.)

• Time Left: 14 days
    CARON Parfum Sacre Intense Eau de Parfum 1 oz / 30 ML RARE
    • Time Left: 3 days
    (Shipping from United States)
    PARFUM SACRE Perfume by CARON 3.3 / 3.4 oz 100 ml EDP Spray For Women NIB "RARE"
    • Time Left: 16 days