Fleur de Rocaille (1993)

100ml EdT
    100ml EdT
    $106.22*
    50ml EdT
    (*converted from GBP 63.50)

Reviews of Fleur de Rocaille

Showing 1 to 6 of 11 reviews.

JackTwist's avatar
    JackTwist

Glaring, raucous, loud and cheap - this is a floral medley from 1993 that smells like the proverbial "old lady" perfume and a tiny bit of it gives the impression you've bathed in a tub of it.

Very sweet, overpowering and most unpleasant. If I didn't know Caron better, I'd believe it was a joke played on an unsuspecting public.

01st May, 2013

gmstrack's avatar
    gmstrack

Before writing this review, I mistook Fleur de Rocaille (1993) for FleurS de Rocaille (1933) by Caron. After some research, I realized that I’ve yet to sniff the 1933 fragrance and based on the note descriptions, the two fragrances differ quite a bit. Here are is my impression of Fleur de Rocaille:

The opening is loaded with sweet floral and a touch of aldehydes. For flowers, I’m picking up lilac and maybe jasmine, but the effect is simultaneously muted and abrasive; this is a jagged, airbrushed bouquet found on greeting cards from the 1990s. The aldehydes are not very pronounced, but there is something off-putting lurking in the composition that reminds me of hairspray. Development on the skin is linear, so in this case, time isn’t a problem solver. In spite of my disappointment, I still want to try FleurS de Rocaille; hopefully, I will not mistake that one for hair product.

01st January, 2013

heavenscent1's avatar
    heavenscent1

24 Fauberg's little sister. Classy floral, very feminine. Like it and love the pretty bottle, too.

16 November, 2012

foetidus

"Gentle” is the word for Fleur de Rocaille. A quite soft, smooth, gentle mixed floral / fruity fragrance. It isn’t subtle or transparent—there is plenty of substance in its presentation, and it has aldehydes, albeit they are done quietly. It’s just so warm and soft and feminine. It begins floral with a touch of green, and moves to a floral heart with a touch of peach, I believe. The middle floral is primarily a gently done rose and lily of the valley with, of course, the obligatory jasmine. The base is primarily a smooth wood accord with a bare dab of powder. I do not determine any spice in the entire run of the fragrance. This is such a pleasant, feel-good, gentle scent. It has very nice longevity. Another very worthy Caron fragrance.

Fleur de Rocaille should not be confused with Fleurs de Rocaille, which is the older, stronger, more classic version – also very beautiful but in a more middle of the 20th century way…
    foetidus

Originally submitted 12 April 2008

06 December, 2010

Jean Patou Fan's avatar
    Jean Patou Fan

I love Caron perfumes: Fleur de Rocaille is an exception. I bought a bottle in error for my mother, about 15 years ago, thinking it was the Fleurs de Rocaille that she was very fond of in the 1960s. (I am surprised that Caron produce two such different fragrances with such similar names!).

Fleur de Rocaille is a floral perfume: rose, with possibly jasmine and violet dominates the fragrance, in an unpleasant, sweet, and rather sickly accord. I wonder if this was intended to be Caron's version of sweet florals like Paris; on me it is not dissimilar to fragrances like Allure or Dolce Vita.

I'm afraid I really can't find anything positive to say about this fragrance. Don't make the same Fleurs/Fleur mistake I did when buying.

28 March, 2010

ashihutza's avatar
    ashihutza
    Romania Romania

Fleur de Rocaille is a beautiful fragrance, with soft flowery notes, almost creamy-sweet. Is one of my favourite fragrances.
    I agree with foetidus, it is a gentle scent, very feminine and elegant, that brings me a smile on my face any time I wear it.

14 February, 2010