Aimez-Moi (1996)

PackagingFederico Restrepo
Parent CompanyAles Group
Parent Company at launchCora-Revillon Group

About Aimez-Moi

Aimez-Moi is a feminine perfume by Caron. The scent was launched in 1996 and the bottle was designed by Federico Restrepo

Aimez-Moi fragrance notes

Reviews of Aimez-Moi

Smells of 80's sun cream and violets. Nice, slightly peppery, creamy, but not good enough to prevent me selling it on. Preferred violet frags include: A Unicorn Spell by Les Nez, Ombré Mercure by Terry Gunzenberg, La Violette by Annick Goutal.
10th July, 2015
I have only tried Aimez Moi recently, in a sample size of the new Eau de Parfum strength: at first I had a feeling this was going to be a rather forgettable modern fragrance; however the more I have worn it, the more it has grown on me. The perfume opens with powdery gourmand sweet violet and green tea notes, as well as a hint of sugared almonds. After about an hour, deeper, woody, and slightly syrupy vanilla notes join them, if not the merest hint of chocolate too. I'm not generally a fan of gourmand fragrances, but this really is lovely; the violet stops it smelling too edible, and it doesn't become overly sweet. I'm guessing Aimez Moi is Caron's answer to the trend started by perfumes such as Angel, but it is altogether classier and deeper than anything Mugler etc have offered. Aimez Moi has gone from a fragrance I initially thought I wasn't going to like, to one I am thinking of buying in the near future!
26th July, 2014
Genre: Floral

Aimez-Moi is an uncomplicated anisic green floral scent that impresses me most for the clarity of its construction, the apparent quality of its ingredients, and outstanding blending. It’s entirely free from pretension, and on its own simple terms it is very successful. If I said that it expressed “freshness” I’d do it a disservice, as “fresh” carries all of the wrong connotations. There is no calone here, nor any of the overused ozonic or aquatic notes. Aimez-Moi’s clean, fresh character comes instead from a well-judged combination of crisp, grassy botanicals, anise, and bright floral notes. It smells “nice” without smelling trite – a difficult feat for a modern floral bouquet. It also manages, despite the prominent anise, not to smell like Apres l’Ondee – which is perhaps even more of an accomplishment. It’s the grassy sweetness that accounts for much of the distinction, making Aimez-Moi a brighter and less nostalgic scent than the Guerlain.

Aimez-Moi grows powdery as it progresses, but the persistent green notes keep it safe from grandmotherly fustiness or Victorian frills. While never overpowering, Aimez-Moi projects well and leaves a persistent veil of sillage on the air. The drydown is mostly fluffy-textured white musk and sweet powder, which is in keeping with its clear, clean heart. If your aim is to smell “pretty,” and not at all provocative, then Aimez-Moi’s overall balance and quality make it good bet.
09th June, 2014
Moi, Moi, Moi

Firstly, I love what Vintage Red said about Aimez Moi being old fashioned without being 'old lady'

Aimez Moi, originally composed by Dominque Ropion, reintroduced herself at the reformulation of his creation. Love me, it begged, and it seems he was the perfect gentleman. According to Bois de Jasmin and Perfume Shrine this is as close to the same perfume as it is possible to be, allowing for the new regulations.

It opens in a similar way to Cashmere Mist by Donna Karan, but of course CMist does not contain anise. The second stage is reminiscent of Yardley Iris, still a bit sharp even as it warms. The full bloom develops and this is where the perfume defines itself in a very beguiling way. It is anything but linear with accents of violet and fern, a poor man's L'Ondee perhaps. Aimez Moi is a friendly, competent companion, suitable for travel or work. I imagine wearing it in a vineyard, there’s something that makes me think of the gooseberry shudder of a New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc. I think I like it better than Lolita Lempicka as it sits knife edge between bitter and bittersweet. I am fond of those violet pastilles that Moi conjures up in the minds of other reviewers and I love anise. I bought the 40 ml tube. (doesn't excite) If you like gourmands and Angel derivatives stick to LL or the sumptuous In Black by Jesus del Pozo. Getting back to Moi, the drydown is accomplished as one would expect of a Caron, but in all honesty my favourite reformulation of this year is Balmain's Ivoire. I woud buy Ivoire again based on juice, bottle, and price. Whilst Ivoire has been reinterpreted with some added sweetness, think Elie Saab, Aimez Moi still carries a tang that might be a hard sell to a younger audience raised on Banana Parfait.
Let me take this opportunity to recommend Victoria Frolova’s assessment of the House of Caron both prior to and post reformulations.
Only five of the female fragrances survive in good standing. Aimez Moi is one, then Farnesiana, Narcisse Noir, Parum Sacre and Nuit de Noel. It’s a must read.

Pros: Elegant and understated
Cons: A stiletto in the dark, a bit cold"

09th October, 2013
This 1996 combination of violet, anise, bergamot, amber, musk and sandalwood is extremely light and effervescent, so much so that to my nose it is almost indiscernible shortly after application, hence my neutral review.

It is certainly quite pleasant, but too insubstantial to be a real winner in my book.
23rd April, 2013
I have sampled scents from the Caron line, but I never made a purchase until Aimez-Moi. The price is so reasonable that I made my purchase "unsniffed". What a pleasant surprise! This lovely lady opens bright & green. Violet leaf & bergamot give way to a light caraway/anise aroma. Next comes cardamon & white flowers (probably my least favorite part of the progression). Lastly, I smell heliotrope joined by a very light dose of amber & vanilla. The green opening notes still shine through the vanilla and keeps the whole affair from becoming too powdery. The fragrance unfolds over a long period of time and the longevity is admirable. Somehow this perfume is "old fashioned" without being "old lady". I didn't think that perfumers still did (or could do) this sort of thing. I am truly impressed!
08th December, 2011

Add your review of Aimez-Moi

Shop for Aimez-Moi products online

Shop for Aimez-Moi at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Aimez-Moi