Lady Caron (2000)

About Lady Caron

Lady Caron is a feminine perfume by Caron. The scent was launched in 2000

Lady Caron fragrance notes

Reviews of Lady Caron

This is happiness in a bottle.

It is my signature scent. While it was not designed by Caron himself, the wonderful melding of scents is magic.

Not too heavy or indolic (that spicy heavy you can get from certain orientals) it still feels incredibly, incredibly rich and lush without bringing to mind a single flower.

It glides. It's so bewitching you want to tear it apart and see what happiness is made of.

And you can spray heavily or lightly. It's just that much more pleasure. And you can't get sick of happiness, methinks...
18th January, 2014
I don't know why other reviewers refer to this as a chypre. It is simply a big floral medley. Although not mentioned in its contents, I find it is based around a tuberose note. There are raspberry and peach to give it a sparkling top note; jasmine, magnolia, rose and neroli to supply its warm white heart, and oakmoss and sandalwood to support its base.

This offering from 2000 is bright and luscious - old fashioned (in a good way) in its make-up, but modern in its execution.

Ideal for a young woman in her twenties - bright and self-indulgently feminine.
24th April, 2013
I read what other reviewers have to say and feel a twinge of envy. I am a huge Caron fan who always appreciates a good chypre, which I think this is. Unfortunately, I can only smell the first blast out of the bottle. The magnolia is lovely, if eccentric--not a problem as far as I'm concerned, in fact it adds to the charm. But ten minutes later I can press my perfumed wrist to my nose and smell. . . nothing. Absolutely nothing. Today I tried an experience. After my shower I coated myself with sesame oil, then sprayed on Lady Caron. Several hours later, I can smell the fragrance--the magnolia, some neroli, and a trace of sandalwood if I really try. Of course, I might be picking up some of the sesame oil scent as well. The fragrance is elegant and soft, a "lady" to be sure, pleasant and classy--but none of the grand operatic sensuality that other Carons deliver so well. Still, I know there's something lovely in this fragrance that's compelling enough to make me want to try it again at some later date.
31st May, 2010
One of my favorite Carons. On cool days the warm peach and moroccan rose rise to the surface, and on warmer days the magnolia blossom is the star! I find this beautifully blended, not too sweet and simply gorgeous!
05th May, 2007
First I'd like to say Lady Caron is a wonderful tribute to the United States and it's symbol of her founding principals - The Statue of Liberty. (Also known as "Lady Liberty") This limited edition was launched in the year 2000, and it has come to be one of the most requested fragrances of Caron.

The scent itself is quite sweet with magnolia dominating. Jasmine is right up there at the top as well. The heartnotes are a bit softer and less sweet, but never really balance out the predominant top. After drydown, I was left with a 'green' essence - too sharp for my taste. None the less, this chypre is delightful and may be most enjoyable in the warmer months when a little sweet freshness goes a long way.
03rd March, 2006

Add your review of Lady Caron

Shop for Lady Caron products online

Shop for Lady Caron at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Lady Caron

Member images of Lady Caron

There are no member images of Lady Caron yet. Why not be the first?