Panthère de Cartier (1987)
by Cartier

Panthère de Cartier information

Year of Launch1987
AvailabilityDiscontinued

HouseCartier
PerfumerAlberto Morillas

About Panthère de Cartier

Panthère de Cartier is a feminine perfume by Cartier. The scent was launched in 1987 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Alberto Morillas

Reviews of Panthère de Cartier

When I was younger, my mother had the little sample black panther vial... And I loved it. I would dab just a drop, at weekends only, on the top of my hand, to sniff throughout the day.

It was strong and well-done. Floral, woody, spicy, animalic, though at the time I didn't know these concepts. And yet much more than that. The beautiful parts create a whole which is much bigger and cannot be well described, like only a few perfumes do. Panthère, Nikki de Saint-Phalle, Opium and Miss Dior (vintage), for me.

Panthère, in my memory, is the fragrance of strong, serene confidence.

When I can, I will buy it.
08th November, 2016
Yes, I know I should save this vintage powerhouse beauty for special evenings complete with heels and valet parking, but dammit sometimes I just wear it to the grocery store in my Danskos!

For me, it's not the notes (no lover of florals or civet bombs, I), but the delicious MIX of them that I've never been able to experience in any other fragrance. Opulent and exotic (to a American woman in the heartland), yet not off-putting or pretentious when applied discretely (dabbing from a mini is my preferred method).

There are times when I wish this had the cachet of a vintage Guerlain or Jean Patou-- maybe then it would be more loved and better respected. But really, all that matters is the way a fragrance makes you feel. And in that regard, Panthere is a peerless, timeless treasure in my wardrobe.
24th March, 2016
A fragrance of power and a sensual timeless classic. PANTHERE is a mature scent that for someone who wants to smell sophisticated.it has a classical structure and a distinct aroma that is one not to be easily forgotten. Sultry,Heavy,Complex, Animalistic,Floral,Provocative,Intrepid,Rich and Utterly Seductive.

The opening is classic floral with a citrusy note by orange blossom,grapefruit and also pepper while nutmeg and carnation sensually intertwine with tuberose and jasmine in the heart.precious woods, luxurious musk,sensual vanilla and especially civet complement this sexy scent.the dry down is interestingly sensual.

This is going to envelope you in scent for a long night out,not for the faint of heart.In my mind PANTHERE is best used for a late night rendezvous with a special someone in a dark cabaret.it reserved for COLD weather.wear it,men love it and most women will recognize the unforgettable smell.

Sillage?Excellent.

Longevity?+10 hours on my skin.

7.5/10
23rd June, 2015
this is for the vintage parfum version...straight from the bottle I smell the civet really strong - but not as much when applied...you can tell this is a flower fragrance right from the opening...spicy/citrus trying to be there - get a slight citrus freshness , but it hides in the shadow of the flowers...14 by my count from the note research I was doing...rose, orange blossom, labdanum, jasmine, gardenia, tuberose, freesia, orris, narcissus, ylang-ylang, carnation, iris, karo-korunde, and heliotrope...that's a lot of flowers...do sense a nice exotic animalic edge to this fragrance...this is the kind of classic French Floriental that in todays world I belive Amouage , for one, is trying to emulate with fragrances like Ubar, Gold/Dia/Ciel/Honour Woman and Opus I, III, and VIII...flowers/spice/wood with an animalic twist...this has nice silage, has created a fragrant scent-cloud around me...thick/rich/opulent smelling...smells classic and timeless...exquisite blend of French and Oriental flavors...has an intoxicating drug-like quality...hypnotic...goes from a French flower bouquet to a beautiful Oriental sweet/musky/earthy/resiny drydown with a nice touch of civet...a touch of French till the end...guys, I would try this out...I love wearing it...
IMHO FBW Classic Floriental Masterpiece
26th November, 2014
Barbara Herman describes this as a complex sweet floral drying to woods, balancing fruit and white florals.

I find this to be an accurate description. It is well rounded and subtly combined. There is an old world softness to it. The gardenia is subtle but there at the heart.

Too feminine for my tastes, but nonetheless a very nice floral bouquet.

Karo Karounde, Marigold, Peach, Mace
Coriander, Jasmine, Gardenia, Rose, Heliotrope, Carnation, Ylang
Cedar, Sandalwood, Patchouli, Moss, Musk, Amber, Vanilla, Tonka
18th July, 2014
Cartier Panthere (original) is an extremely refined classic fragrance I love with all my heart guys. Had the chance to smell it again after long time yesterday and realized how much I love (and used to love) this exotic chypre floral accord of luxurious hesperides, piquant spices, rose-tuberose, sultry animalic patterns, vanilla and moss. I detect exotic colonial sultriness, cozy ambiences, refined white linen dressed british women by now permanently "operating" far away somewhere in Africa, Asia or South America with all that extremely refined and cultured (mannered and sometimes affected) aura. I detect by soon such an hesperidic dirty-peppery somewhat retro "oiliness" (never overly dirty or unbalanced) in a while enriched by a deep rosey/mossy "pungency" so intimate and "sweaty-like" in order to finally morph in to a rich vanillic chypre eliciting the richest french floral-spicy subtleness. I catch in this phase a mossy-spicy tuberose/rose veined by tobacco/tonka, a touch of honeyed incense and musky vanilla. The tuberose is animalic (the civet provides sultry deep intensity) and rosey-mossy (never carnal, heady or typically sweetly powdery or cosmetical). Exotic for sure with huge amount of spices (nutmeg and pepper in particular), exquisite tonka/tobacco, soapy ylang-ylang and carnal floral patterns. The dry down is "aristocratic" for sure (bourgeoisie on sunny holidays), in my humble opinion one of the finest of the classic perfumery. I recommend this superb piece of art to all the refined women around with sense of taste, huge life experience abroad and love for the far sultry lands.
27th June, 2014

CARTIER la panthere EDP eau de parfum mini splash .2 / 0.2 oz / 6 ml NEW IN BOX

• USD $12.75
  • Time Left: 28 days
  • Shipping from: United States

Panthere de CARTIER vintage set. Comes in original box from Nieman Marcus.

• USD $80.00 STARTING BID
  • Listing Type: Auction – 0 Bid(s)
  • Time Left: 5 days

Cartier La Panthere Women's Eau De Parfum Spray 2.5 oz 75 ml

• USD $31.99 HIGHEST BID
  • Listing Type: Auction – 21 Bid(s)

CARTIER LA PANTHERE EDITION SOIR Eau De Parfum 2.5oz / 75ml EDP Spray

• USD $29.94 HIGHEST BID
  • Listing Type: Auction – 3 Bid(s)

NEW CARTIER LA PANTHERE Eau de Toilette 2.5 fl. oz. 75ml. Spray

• USD $39.99 STARTING BID
  • Listing Type: Auction – 0 Bid(s)

CARTIER LA PANTHERE BY CARTIER 2.5 oz / 75 ml EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY WOMEN UNBOXED

• USD $45.77
  • Time Left: 25 days
  • Shipping from: United States

Cartier LA PANTHERE 3-pc set:Womens Eau De Parfum Spray, Splash, Body Lotion NIB

• USD $29.99