1881 pour Femme (1995)

HouseCerruti
Parent CompanyBenckiser > Coty Inc > Coty Prestige
Parent Company at launchUnilever > Elizabeth Arden > Parfums International

About 1881 pour Femme

1881 pour Femme is a feminine perfume by Cerruti. The scent was launched in 1995

1881 pour Femme fragrance notes

Reviews of 1881 pour Femme

This was a blind buy for me, based on all of the rave reviews this perfume received, and because it has all of the notes that I like in a perfume. It's pretty but...I'm underwhelmed. I'd really love to smell this on someone else - on me it's just, well, meh. Pretty, but it doesn't blow me away. It's really hard to tease out any one note, which is odd - it has so many of the notes I like, but in this, it's just a confusing huddle of notes, none of which jump out at me. I like perfumes where you can pick out the different notes, where the perfume evolves and where the different notes pop out at different times. Another reviewer, on a different site, described it as timid, and that nails it. If these notes were at a party, they'd be the ones standing all huddled together in the corner, too scared to come forward and introduce themselves, scrambling to hide behind each other, desperately trying to avoid making eye contact and draw attention to themselves. Inoffensive, pretty, but lacking guts is the best way I can describe it.
26th July, 2016
Oh Wow!!!

A few years ago Cerruti 1881 was my signature, then I got more into fragrance and had so many that this beauty got kind of forgotten in the crowd. I was in a store recently choosing something new for spring and they had a tester of this and I had a spray for old times sake and suddenly realised....this is the scent I need for spring!! My old friend 1881!

It opens with a blast of sharp yellow flowers, drying down to a strong but soft soapy floral that lasts for ever (8 hours+) and projects better than you'd imagine.

I adore the retro bottle design with the marble effect on the lid, it feels good in my hand and sprays easily.

I say it again.....WOW!!!
19th March, 2012
Oh Lordy, how I love this one - I wear it to work a lot but it works just as well (for me) in the evening. Must be the violet/freesia/sandlewood/musk combo that just does it for me. To me, 1881 is strong but subtle if that makes any sense, it has a very defined personality, one that doesn't need to yell to be heard - and won't be pushed around, either. One to two sprays is enough on me, usually behind the ears which warms it up nicely and leaves a soft trail. A beautiful, underrated classic in my humble opinion, sexy!
12th August, 2011
Cerruti 1881 pour femme (edt) has an addictive quality, and the more I wear it, the more I like it. Clean and fresh without being aquatic (thank goodness...), this composition is lightly floral and woody with a touch of soapiness. Honestly, I just think that this stuff smells swell. Is it profound? No. Will it inspire the wearer to aspire to new creative heights? Probably not. Is it an eminently wearable all-occasion fragrance? Yes. Also holds up very well in the heat and is perfect for summertime: as it wafts off the body it smells even better than it does close to the skin.

In the interest of truth in reviewing, I should confess here that I am a certified violet-'ho', which may help to explain my enthusiasm for this creation. I also love ambrette, though I cannot claim to be able to tease it out here as an individual note. In its violet-woodiness, 1881 seems to me in some ways similar to Creed LOVE IN BLACK. My only complaint is that the longevity of 1881 is rather poor. In an attempt to address this problem, I acquired a bottle of Cerruti 1881 collection edp, thinking that it was a stronger version of 1881, but it is a completely different composition--also nice, but not the same.
06th July, 2011 (last edited: 10th July, 2011)
I love 1881 for it's sharp Freesia, almost detergent beginning. The Freesia steps, ever so defiantly, into the background like a woman wearing vivid, vivacious red dress to a funeral. Freesia, of whom I am not, normally, a great fan, is joined in the middle by three equally intense friends, Geranium, Jasmine, and Chamomile. Surprisingly, they blend very well as the Rosewood, Sandalwood, and Musk keep them grounded. 1881 is not for the fragrance wearer who does not want to be noticed. I find it to be the perfect fragrance for a long summer evening. That is when I am most grateful for it's fresh sharp intensity and longevity.
06th April, 2010

Citrus and green opening Ė quite sharp and not clear enough to be interesting. So I decide to waitÖ to pay attention to catch what it does as it develops. But it doesnít really travel very far. The sharpness is reduced somewhat except for the violet note in the bouquet, but the fragrance retains its aggressive, sharp, unrefined character through its whole movement on my skin. The florals of the heart take over after the opening backs off a bit, but the fragrance hasnít softened enough IMO. It never does soften to the point where I can respect it.

This doesnít strike me as a very discriminating fragrance: itís rather rough. The accords are sharply characterless.

21st October, 2009

Add your review of 1881 pour Femme

Shop for 1881 pour Femme products online

Shop for 1881 pour Femme at online perfumeries

Rare Cerruti 1881 Pour Femme Perfume set Women 3 Pcs 1.7 oz Eau De Toilette Spr

End Date: Sunday Mar-24-2019 17:16:43 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $99.58
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

CERRUTI  1881  3.4 oz.EAU de TOILETTE   POUR  FEMME  by  NINO  CERUTTI .

End Date: Tuesday Mar-26-2019 1:55:59 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $25.00

Nino Cerruti Femme .12 oz EDT & Cerruti 1881 .23 oz Mini Splash Set NIB HTF

End Date: Tuesday Mar-26-2019 16:05:06 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $24.99
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

"CERRUTI" 1881 EAU DE TOILETTE.. POUR FEMME.. SPRAY..100 Ml. 3.3 oz.BNIB.

End Date: Wednesday Mar-27-2019 3:45:25 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $45.95
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

1881 CERRUTI POUR FEMME EAU DE TOILETTE NATURAL SPRAY 100 ML/3.4 FL.OZ. (T)

End Date: Thursday Mar-28-2019 12:05:55 PDT

Cerruti 1881 Pour Femme Eau de Toilette 3.3 oz for Women Vaporisateur

End Date: Friday Mar-29-2019 7:43:54 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $69.99
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

CERRUTI 1881,  3.4 oz. EDT  " POUR  FEMME  "     by   NINO  CERRUTI .

End Date: Saturday Mar-30-2019 6:58:21 PDT

Cerruti 1881 Eau D'ete Summer Fragrance Pour Femme EDT 3.3 Oz Limited Edition

End Date: Thursday Apr-4-2019 10:03:26 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $110.00
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

CERRUTI 1881 EDITION BLANCHE POUR FEMME Eau De Parfum Spray 1.7 Oz / 50 ml NEW !

End Date: Friday Apr-5-2019 5:49:11 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $23.95

Member images of 1881 pour Femme

There are no member images of 1881 pour Femme yet. Why not be the first?