Cristalle Eau de Toilette (1974)
by Chanel

Cristalle Eau de Toilette information

Year of Launch1974

HouseChanel
PerfumerHenri Robert
Parent CompanyWertheimer

About Cristalle Eau de Toilette

A light and fresh scent with notes of rosewood, hyacinth and vetiver.
An Eau de Parfum version was launched in 1993, created by 258s.

Cristalle Eau de Toilette fragrance notes

Reviews of Cristalle Eau de Toilette

Cristalle has a shrill and piercing opening which takes a bit to settle down. It's like getting hit in the face with an icy cold snowball - so cold, brisk, and sharp that it takes a while to bring yourself back down to earth.

Cristalle was my introduction into the green scents. I recall buying a bottle in my early 20's to wear to the first job I had that required a business suit, hosiery, and heels. I wanted to look and mean business and smell like it too. I was also a smoker at the time and my young self believed that the Cristalle would counter act the heavy cigarette deposits on my clothing, skin, and hair much in the way Febreeze is marketed today - sadly I was wrong. I went on Cristalle overload, perhaps it was because my sense of smell was altered by years of smoking, and I drenched my body and clothes with Cristalle.

I also became the shining example of the one person in the office who was asked to stop wearing a perfume because not only does Cristalle pack a punch with one spray alone, but imagine 10 sprays of Cristalle on the senses of your co-workers in a not so well ventilated office space. I was banned from wearing it and I went on to try other ventures in the perfume world, playing it safe for a while.

Lesson learned - Cristalle doesn't cover up cigarette smoke, but it also wallops a punch from just one spray alone. The astringency does settle down after a hour or two and eventually fades away...only if you don't drench yourself like I used to.

While I have fond memories of Cristalle, I am not motivated to buy another bottle. I would much rather prefer spend more time with Eau de Campagne by Sisley instead.
03rd July, 2018
This was and is one of my favourites. I love the almost harsh opening blast, and the citrus, and the oakmoss (maybe nowadays sense memory is playing a part in my enjoyment!). I've loved this for a long long time - it is diamond bright and sharp and clear. There is no gummy sweet musk messing up the drydown so it's a brief pleasure. But the first hour is such a joy that I happily respray. In fact, I dream of facial wipes scented with this - it's almost a scented hanky or smelling salts experience rather than a skin scent. I adore the almost repulsively sharp green icy (and probably very prosaic alcohol) rush which wakes me up and makes me aware that there is elegance in the world. Cristalle, to me. is not a natural object but rather a perfect manmade thing, in the way a cut diamond is a manmade creation of the uncut mineral.
20th July, 2017
After lots of trial and error, I found my perfect scent to Cristalle, thanks to a very helpful and experienced SA. Been wearing it for more than 15 years.

Modern, alert, abstract, sophisticated, edgy, fresh, confident, fizzy like a chilled glass of champagne, and youthful. That is what Cristalle is.

The lemony freshness reminds me of a crisp morning in Capri, with sweet warm bergamot notes from the sun above.

Autumnal body from rosewood and some bitterness from the hyacinth, are anchoring the sharpness.

The base is luxurious vetiver, and bed head oakmoss for a sensual end.

This is a scent for the sexy tom boy with the perfect pair of legs, not at all for the bubble gum pink girly girl with the big boobs...
20th December, 2016
So to me Cristalle EdT is really, really, really good. Lookit: if Cristalle were a drink, I'd have a serious problem. Some years ago I attended a snob party/benefit and the hostess was sporting this scent. I couldn't stand her ass, but I really dug her perfume. Well, go forward in time, and now I am the a-hole wearing Cristalle EdT. Pfft. Whatever. I am fabulous, and I smell crystalline. Bottoms up!
07th November, 2014
Cristalle opens with a delicate and slightly metallic herbal accord comprising several "organic" pungent and natural nuances (basil, mint, grassy notes), citrus notes, fresh and lively white flowers, dry resins, a really subtle vanilla-amber-woody base which provides a light, but at the same time elegant and Oriental warmth embracing the "freshness" of the scent. Honestly initially the oak moss is not that perceivable in my opinion, after a while the only thing I could link to it is a vague greenish-mossy note, humid and slightly dark, but without all the stale earthiness of oak moss. However I was surely not expecting a Puig's Quorum in drag, so no big deal. The name Cristalle perfectly fits this scent, which in fact has a "cristalline" personality, where crystal means transparency, freshness, angular cleanliness, almost an abstract architecture. Clean, understated and geometrical, elegant but somehow a bit anonym and pale (not in a good way: imagine the smell of a "faded" scent), plus with a really short longevity. Interesting, but nothing amazing to me.

26th August, 2014
Genre: Green Floral/Chypre

Aldehydes and citrus are what you get when you apply Cristalle, joined almost immediately by sharp, bitter green notes and a balancing dose of sweet flowers. Cristalle’s components come rushing in at high speed, and arrange themselves with equal haste into a clean, grassy floral heart accord, wrapped in a shimmering cloud of aldehydes and resting on a nutty chypre foundation. The blending of components is exemplary here, so that it soon becomes extremely difficult for me to isolate individual notes.

Cristalle settles into bright green floral chypre territory for several hours, with only moderate projection, but paradoxically persistent sillage. As Cristalle ages it does not so much develop as very slowly fade away, its soft chypre base accord being the last element to exit. Cristalle is one of those cases - like some of the Diptyque scents - where I enjoy the heart accord so much that I’m happy that it remains relatively linear! After spending some time with it, Cristalle impresses me as a very well-made and alluring fragrance in a style well removed from Chanel’s accustomed aldehydic floral manner.
11th June, 2014

Vintage RARE 1970-80s Chanel Cristalle 2 oz 59 ml Eau de Toilette FIRST FORMULA

End Date: Saturday Oct-20-2018 23:36:28 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $119.97
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

CRISTALLE CHANEL 2.0 FL oz / 60 ML Eau De Toilette Spray Sealed *Made In France*

End Date: Sunday Oct-21-2018 13:40:02 PDT

Chanel Cristalle Vintage Eau de Toilette Cologne Perfume Extra Large 4 oz 118ml

End Date: Tuesday Oct-23-2018 14:03:50 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $99.50
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Chanel Cristalle Eau Verte 100ml Eau de Toilette Concentree Parfum Pour Femme CF

End Date: Tuesday Oct-23-2018 14:16:45 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $197.88

Vintage RARE 1970s Chanel Cristalle 2 oz 60 ml Eau de Toilette FIRST FORMULA

End Date: Tuesday Oct-23-2018 23:54:54 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $109.74
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

CRISTALLE by CHANEL Eau de Toilette EDT Women Spray 2.0 fl.oz.

End Date: Wednesday Oct-24-2018 13:08:47 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $81.00

Cristalle By Chanel Perfume for Women 2.OZ / 60 ML Eau De Toilette Spray In box

End Date: Wednesday Oct-24-2018 17:25:42 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $118.58

Member images of Cristalle Eau de Toilette

There are no member images of Cristalle Eau de Toilette yet. Why not be the first?