Coco Mademoiselle (2001)

Average Rating: 4

Based on 697 ratings

Coco Mademoiselle Fragrance Notes

Coco Mademoiselle information

Coco Mademoiselle is a women's fragrance by Chanel. The scent was launched in 2001

Shop for Coco Mademoiselle products online

50ml EdT
    $141.50*
    100ml EdP
    (*converted from GBP 94.95)

Reviews of Coco Mademoiselle

Showing 1 to 6 of 113 reviews.

LeBelle's avatar

This is my signature scent. It smells heavy but clean, and it is difficult to say any one thing it smells of.

I enjoy wearing it because it's a simple, good scent that smells both sophisticated and young. As a professional, it works because it smells expensive while not smelling over the top glamorous (which I find problematic in the work place).

It lasts all day and into the next day on clothes and on skin. It can be a little strong, so one squirt is plenty for me. Otherwise you get people saying that you smell good from across the room. Nice compliment, but not exactly what I'm going for.

03rd February, 2015

LINBUR0100's avatar

I adore Coco Mademoiselle! It was my first perfume "splurge", having grown up with things like Elizabeth Arden Green Tea, etc. (Hey, I grew up poor; I didn't have much choice). My first exposure to it was on a friend who smelled absolutely FABULOUS. When I asked what she was wearing, this was it. I immediately rushed out and bought it. My fragrance taste has sense grown a bit more appreciative of complexity and less appreciative of shallow lightweight fragrances, but yet my love for Mademoiselle endures. This absolutely comes across as a fragrance for day time wear to me, as it is rather light and fresh. And while there is a heavier version available in the same family, it differs significantly from this one, so definitely make sure you try it before you buy it if you're just expecting a more evening-appropriate version of the same fragrance.

I am not an expert at the various notes that make up this scent, so I won't attempt to list them out (see above reviews if you want those details). All and all it is a lovely scent that I get tons of compliments on every time I wear it. I highly recommend it.

14th December, 2014

Way Off Scenter's avatar

Genre: Woody Oriental

One degree more chemical, and Coco Mademoiselle’s melon-flavored Jolly Rancher candy top would be at home in a liquid hand soap or nasty men’s fragrance. Tart berry accents eventually render the fruit cocktail a degree more complex and incisive, but no more sophisticated. Sharp patchouli and intensely sweet vanilla steer the heart into an obviously Angel-inspired patchouli oriental territory, and while Coco Mademoiselle partakes generously of Angel’s shrill tropical fruity pitch, it is a mite less brassy and strident than the model. It is, after all, still a Chanel. Coco Mademoiselle does not share Angel’s room-filling sillage and projection either, and while by no means demure, it is a great deal more versatile.

By this point you may have gathered that Coco Mademoiselle has nothing whatsoever to do with the original Coco, the reference serving exclusively as marketing leverage. The “Mademoiselle” part is on the other hand entirely accurate: this is a very youthful fragrance with many traditionally feminine olfactory cues, and I think it best suited to pretty teens. It offers some of the same fruit candy appeal as many teen-targeted celebrity scents, but it’s significantly less crude than most. In short, it’s not bad for this sort of thing, but I’m not convinced it belongs in the Chanel lineup.

11th June, 2014

Colin Maillard's avatar

Aldehydes, vanilla, rose, jasmin, ylang, something fresh and green, opoponax, lemons, soft musks. If even I could detect these barely smelling the opening for some minutes, it means this scent is really simple and balanced, and all components are there under your nose – which is something I always enjoy, no matter the quality of such components (to this extent). A pleasant "reading" for a clear, simple, delicate fragrance. A refreshing apple flavour (probably a side effect of aldehydes and flowers) and a sweet, fruity, cozy soft galaxolide base which smells of mellow musks. A chemical galore, of course: perfectly shaped and "rounded" around the composition which smells exactly the same for hours, with a great projection. But you know what? It does not compare to Coco, but it's not bad at all.

20th April, 2014 (Last Edited: 21st April, 2014)

Lisa DP's avatar

To be wearing Coco Mademoiselle is like drinking skimmed milk or eating low fat cheese. When you have the delicious, real, fulsome thing (that is, Coco) standing by and demanding, "come and get me", why would you bother with Mademoiselle? It is a poor imitation of the real thing. Whilst others have remarked on the awful first hour of it, I don't mind the top notes. It is the dry down for me that turns into a weak, plastic mess. A good thing that the staying power was so weak, as it would have been soap and a scrubbing brush otherwise. I've given it a neutral rating as I have smelt it to be "nice" on other people. But truly, unless you're working in a hospital with sensitive noses around, why would you want such mediocrity?

21st February, 2014

gsujess's avatar

I truly love this juice! I am in my early thirties and find it completely age appropriate, yet youthful and vibrant. When I first put it on I get clementine with sparkle of grapefruit that is replaced almost immediately by the sweet jasmine and rose middle notes. On me it settles in about an hour into the bourbon-musk-vetiver base. It almost reminds me of wearing a boyfriend's jacket and sniffing his lapel after he is gone.

03rd December, 2013

• Time Left: 19 days
    CHANEL small Shaping Tote With Perfume Samples And Skincare Samples
    • 7 Bid(s)
    (Shipping from United States)
    Chanel Coco Mademoiselle 1.7oz Women's Eau de Parfum (New In Box)
    • 29 Bid(s)
    CoCo Chanel Mademoiselle Women Discount Eau De Parfum Spray 3.4oz NWB FR/SH
    • Listing Type: Buy it Now
    • Time Left: 29 days
    (Shipping from United States)
    CHANEL COCO MADEMOISELLE Eau De Toilette Spray FOR WOMEN 3.4 Oz / 100 ml NEW !!!
    • 9 Bid(s)
    Chanel Coco Mademoiselle 3.4oz Women's Eau de Parfum
    • Listing Type: Auction with Buy it Now

Member images of Coco Mademoiselle

There are no member images of Coco Mademoiselle yet. Why not be the first?