Coco Mademoiselle (2001)

HouseChanel
PerfumerJacques Polge
Parent CompanyWertheimer

About Coco Mademoiselle

Coco Mademoiselle is a feminine perfume by Chanel. The scent was launched in 2001 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Jacques Polge

Coco Mademoiselle fragrance notes

Reviews of Coco Mademoiselle

Salutation.

CM is a Signature for Elegance Lady. One of those Fragrances that You always want Inhale Your wrist with it. It smells Bewitch in a Wondrous way. Classic and Romantic at the same time. Seductive,Mysterious,Dramatic, Expensive,Luxurious,Complex,Alluring, Rich and Absolutely Chanel Style.

A Deliciously fresh Bergamot,Orange and Rose Composition becomes Hazy and Sensuous with Jasmine.In fact It provides a Rich balance of Delicate feminine and Deep masculine notes as This Classy Composition is so Distinctive,Gorgeous and Actually Subtle and Sophisticated for a floral scent.

This CNANEL EDP is definitely all about what you Expect from a CLASSY fragrance.It Can be Overpowering if Too much used,but 2 spray is All you need.It is for a Dandy Lady who deserves The best and Creatives Perfect Harmony with a Precious Dress in a SPECIAL Evening for her. Ideal for COLD Weather.

Sillage?Magnificent.

Longevity?Amazing on my skin.

Thank You CHANEL.

7.75/10
13th June, 2015
This is my first review of a women's scent, well, sorta.
I'm a man and have been into fragrances since 2009.

I can't tell you about its individual notes, it's longevity, projection or its nuances.

I can tell you though that within the last few years of my growing interest in scents has given me the nerve/motivation to ask women what perfume they are wearing.

On two or three occasions I have been so enthralled by a particular fragrance that I had no hesitation in asking what they were wearing.

Those memorable moments the ladies have answered Coco's Mademoiselle!

Great attention getter.
19th April, 2015
This is my signature scent. It smells heavy but clean, and it is difficult to say any one thing it smells of.

I enjoy wearing it because it's a simple, good scent that smells both sophisticated and young. As a professional, it works because it smells expensive while not smelling over the top glamorous (which I find problematic in the work place).

It lasts all day and into the next day on clothes and on skin. It can be a little strong, so one squirt is plenty for me. Otherwise you get people saying that you smell good from across the room. Nice compliment, but not exactly what I'm going for.
03rd February, 2015
I adore Coco Mademoiselle! It was my first perfume "splurge", having grown up with things like Elizabeth Arden Green Tea, etc. (Hey, I grew up poor; I didn't have much choice). My first exposure to it was on a friend who smelled absolutely FABULOUS. When I asked what she was wearing, this was it. I immediately rushed out and bought it. My fragrance taste has sense grown a bit more appreciative of complexity and less appreciative of shallow lightweight fragrances, but yet my love for Mademoiselle endures. This absolutely comes across as a fragrance for day time wear to me, as it is rather light and fresh. And while there is a heavier version available in the same family, it differs significantly from this one, so definitely make sure you try it before you buy it if you're just expecting a more evening-appropriate version of the same fragrance.

I am not an expert at the various notes that make up this scent, so I won't attempt to list them out (see above reviews if you want those details). All and all it is a lovely scent that I get tons of compliments on every time I wear it. I highly recommend it.
14th December, 2014
Genre: Woody Oriental

One degree more chemical, and Coco Mademoiselle’s melon-flavored Jolly Rancher candy top would be at home in a liquid hand soap or nasty men’s fragrance. Tart berry accents eventually render the fruit cocktail a degree more complex and incisive, but no more sophisticated. Sharp patchouli and intensely sweet vanilla steer the heart into an obviously Angel-inspired patchouli oriental territory, and while Coco Mademoiselle partakes generously of Angel’s shrill tropical fruity pitch, it is a mite less brassy and strident than the model. It is, after all, still a Chanel. Coco Mademoiselle does not share Angel’s room-filling sillage and projection either, and while by no means demure, it is a great deal more versatile.

By this point you may have gathered that Coco Mademoiselle has nothing whatsoever to do with the original Coco, the reference serving exclusively as marketing leverage. The “Mademoiselle” part is on the other hand entirely accurate: this is a very youthful fragrance with many traditionally feminine olfactory cues, and I think it best suited to pretty teens. It offers some of the same fruit candy appeal as many teen-targeted celebrity scents, but it’s significantly less crude than most. In short, it’s not bad for this sort of thing, but I’m not convinced it belongs in the Chanel lineup.
11th June, 2014
Aldehydes, vanilla, rose, jasmin, ylang, something fresh and green, opoponax, lemons, soft musks. If even I could detect these barely smelling the opening for some minutes, it means this scent is really simple and balanced, and all components are there under your nose – which is something I always enjoy, no matter the quality of such components (to this extent). A pleasant "reading" for a clear, simple, delicate fragrance. A refreshing apple flavour (probably a side effect of aldehydes and flowers) and a sweet, fruity, cozy soft galaxolide base which smells of mellow musks. A chemical galore, of course: perfectly shaped and "rounded" around the composition which smells exactly the same for hours, with a great projection. But you know what? It does not compare to Coco, but it's not bad at all.

20th April, 2014 (last edited: 21st April, 2014)

Add your review of Coco Mademoiselle

Shop for Coco Mademoiselle products online

Shop for Coco Mademoiselle at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Coco Mademoiselle

Member images of Coco Mademoiselle

There are no member images of Coco Mademoiselle yet. Why not be the first?