Chance Eau de Toilette (2002)
by Chanel

Chance Eau de Toilette information

Year of Launch2002

HouseChanel
PerfumerJacques Polge
Parent CompanyWertheimer

About Chance Eau de Toilette

Chance Eau de Toilette is a feminine perfume by Chanel. The scent was launched in 2002 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Jacques Polge

Chance Eau de Toilette fragrance notes

Reviews of Chance Eau de Toilette

Opens with a chemical smell that thankfully goes away in 1 or 2 minutes. Then, although not listed, is a melon note mixed with the earthy smell of patchouli. Perhaps this is the vetiver. Jasmine floral is there as well, although if I had to describe the fragrance, I'd call it green. Nice if you like earthy patchouli, which I do.
14th September, 2017
I started wearing the edt when it came out, and enjoyed its patchouli-laden freshness. By mistake, I picked up the edp a few years ago. Too lazy to return it, I held onto it, thinking I would learn to like it. I was wrong.

Instead, I learned to love it. Despite the listed notes, it's really just a Meyer lemon, vanilla, patchouli and an understated jasmine. That's it. But for those of us who can't wear high pitched florals, or cedar-bomb citruses, this makes a great warm weather scent. Polished, but decidedly unfussy.

For the first time since it came out, I do not own a bottle. Miss Dior edp has replaced it-- well, if not the scent itself, the function of it; a pretty, socially friendly compliment magnet.

13th May, 2017
I'm wearing this now, I don't think this is lasting well, but I don't want to put more on.

I "think" I can smell the vanilla, generally floral, sort of spicy.

I would not purchase this.

If someone gave it to me, I would keep it and ware it occasionally, trying to decipher more about it.

I guess I would say it smells sort of fruity/musky.
28th April, 2017
Light, nondescript, short-lived.

I can't discern any individual notes. After 2 hours, it was gone.

VERY surprised this is a Chanel. I love my others...
05th October, 2016
Salutation.
A man walk past you and turn around walk back to you and say:I think i am in love what are you wearing?Your smells wonderful and you say it is CHANCE BY CHANEL.Yes a definite attention getter. It is a sophisticated youth. Elegant,Sparkling,Exciting, Cut,Romantic,Addictive,Irresistible and Enchanting.

It is vividly bright in the opening as pineapple is more dominant here then soft floral notes by jasmine and clean and sweet base notes evoke the airs of a delightful young coquette.It gives wearer feeling that is Slight but Attractive and this is Unique part this one for me.

This Lovely CHANEL is perfect for the Warmer months.It is versatile as it can be used for Everyday as well as Intimate occasion.It is also Ideal for Wedding.Anyway If you are a young lady(between 20/30 years old)and looking for a fragrance with a delicious composition this is a Great Choice but i prefer MISS DIOR CHERIE!

Sillage?Noticeable.

Longevity?Great on my skin.

7.5/10
13th June, 2015
When Chance was first released I was put off by the girly themed advertising and packaging. It seemed unlikely the content wold be anything other than trivially feminine.
But around 2008 I was exploring all the Chanel fragrances for the sake of completeness (The commercial ones, the exclusives were not available in the city).

I was completely unprepared for the crisp herbal fragrance Chance turned out to be. As another reviewer commented the notes would easily hold their own in a male marketed fragrance.

Superficially it's clear why some would compare chance to Coco Mademoiselle. But where Coco M can be rather screechy, Chance is both more unusual, better behaved and definitely superior. Between the citrus and herbal notes Chance created a very warm and sunny impression. Visually it brings to mind a slightly chilly sunny spring day.

At the time I was sampling Chance EDP. For some reason I held off buying it at the time. Now I decided to revisit but thought I'd compare the EDT while I was at it. It turns out Chance must have been reformulated. In the EDP musk seems to dominate and distort the whole thing. The EDT smells more like the scent I experienced years ago, even if it is a little thinner.
It's probably still good enough to buy a used bottle cheaply for old times' sake. The danger of reformulations makes a case for instant gratification in the fragrance department. It can easily be too late otherwise.
22nd January, 2015

Add your review of Chance Eau de Toilette

Shop for Chance Eau de Toilette products online

Shop for Chance Eau de Toilette at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Chance Eau de Toilette

Member images of Chance Eau de Toilette

There are no member images of Chance Eau de Toilette yet. Why not be the first?