Charles Jourdan The Parfum (2004)
    by Charles Jourdan

Average Rating: 3.5

Based on 12 ratings

Charles Jourdan The Parfum Fragrance notes

: basil, Bamboo, Mango, Peach, Iris, Almond, Amber, Patchouli, Sandalwood, Coffee

Charles Jourdan The Parfum information

Charles Jourdan The Parfum is a women's fragrance by Charles Jourdan. The scent was launched in 2004

Reviews of Charles Jourdan The Parfum

Showing 1 to of 4 reviews.
    positive 3 Positive Reviewsneutral No Neutral Reviews • negative 1 Negative Reviews

Kukka's avatar

As said before, this is a beautiful Gourmand fragrance. I love it, it smells similar to Ghost "Deep Night" and Burberry "Red". I like that it smells GOOD, not just another sweet fragrance. Very sophisticated and feminine. I have had trouble finding it new, if you find one in your travels I recommend snatching it up for yourself :)

01st June, 2011

Bigsly's avatar

Yes, this is a creamy/fruity scent, along with a bunch of other gourmand notes, but everything is so discreet it doesn't smell like food. L de Lolita Lempicka, for instance, dries down to what smells like vanilla pudding. The complexity of The Parfum makes it never get boring, though it has no "rough edges." It's strong and has great longevity. I don't care if it's a "women's" fragrance; to me, it's just an excellent gourmand.

02 August, 2008

The Parfum strikes me as a little different from the other gourmands: It has the sweet fruity notes, the almond note, the coffee notes, florals, but, as flathorn says, it’s not really foody … just luscious. It opens fruity and sweet and seems to be going in the direction of the major designer gourmands, but then it takes a side rode to remove itself from the madding crowd. It has the substance of Angel but not the patchouli and that aims it more in the direction of Lolita Lempicka. But Charles Jourdan The Parfum has much more body and depth than Lolita. Then there’s the coffee – smooth, somewhat subtle, and more olfactorily tempting than gustatorily fetching; what I mean is, it’s a coffee I want to smell but not drink. The coffee seems to provide the heft that patchouli provides for Angel. I like this version better. This one is special. The drydown is spicy / woody – quite well executed . The Parfum is a very good fragrance – unique, refined, long lasting… I’m sold.

18 March, 2008

flathorn's avatar

One of the first gourmands I liked. Charles Jourdan managed to take the gourmand notes out of the kitchen and into the bedroom. When it worked on me it was voluptuous, fruity, creamy and definitely sexy. The tag line for this fragrance is "The sexiest fragrance in the world". While that is a bold statement, it *is* sexy. It was to me what many have said 'Angel' is for them. I always found 'Angel" sticky and queasy, so I was pleased to find a gourmand equivalent for myself. It lacked the predominant patchouli note which inhabits the whole of 'Angel' from start-up to drydown.
    Edit: I used to like this, then the musk note turned on me, and it is now smelly and unwearable. I couldn't finish my very large bottle, so definite was the falling out.

18 October, 2005 (Last Edited: 23 July, 2011)

Add your review of Charles Jourdan The Parfum