Happy Diamonds (1986)

HouseChopard
PerfumerRonald Kurowski
Parent CompanyBenckiser > Coty Inc > Coty Prestige

About Happy Diamonds

Happy Diamonds is a feminine perfume by Chopard. The scent was launched in 1986 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Ronald Kurowski

Reviews of Happy Diamonds

I recently purchased a naked bottle as part of a 'lot'. Fellow Basenoter Chypre kindly identified it (thankyou!) going only by the beautiful gem-shaped, glass-stoppered bottle. The scent was a lovely surprise.

A tiny dab off the pipette gives a little bit of sharpness in the citrus opening but the sweetness of the flowers soon develops into a warm and elegant cloud. It's not overpowering. The base is very pretty. I couldn't single out any given element.

I didn't know what I was wearing but it smelled expensive and a little bit dangerous if you know what I mean. Something I could imagine wearing with my little black dress, Dillinger securely strapped to my thigh, champagne in hand, at an exclusive address. I felt like I had found a treasure.

Here are the fragrance notes (from the web):

Top Notes: Bergamot, Lemon, Orange blossom, Fruity notes, Galbanum

Heart Notes: Rose, Jasmine, Carnation, Ylang-ylang, Iris, Tuberose, Heliotrope, Sandalwood

Base Notes: Vanilla, Tonka bean, Benzoin, Cedar, Vetiver, Ambergris, Civet

There is a bit available on eBay. Definitely worth exploring.
14th January, 2016 (last edited: 15th January, 2016)
This starts out like Tabu, but lightens quickly into something more elegant, with a burst of freshness at the end of the drydown. Too bad it was discontinued. Unknown to me what the notes are.
28th January, 2013
I use to wear this when I was 15. This is af very soft, warm comfort scent. You could compare it the best with Donna Karan Cashmere mist, but then with less fruitnotes. I don't think it's still available though, too bad.
06th December, 2006