Miss Dior Originale (previously Miss Dior) (1947)
    by Christian Dior

Miss Dior Originale (previously Miss Dior) Fragrance Notes

Shop for Miss Dior Originale (previously Miss Dior) products online

100ml EdT
    50ml EdT
    $93.59*
    50ml EdT
    (*converted from GBP 55.95)

Reviews of Miss Dior Originale (previously Miss Dior)

Showing 1 to 6 of 55 reviews.

masamim10's avatar
    masamim10

This is my absolute favorite perfume!
    I have smelled/tried many different perfumes but this has never been beaten in my book.

Every time I smell this, I relax instantly and feel out of this world good.
    Whenever I put this on, I get compliments from people I know, people I don't know, friends, and family. My immediate family members are not exactly all that interested in or like perfume, but genuinely describes the scent as "pretty". (and believe me they are pretty blunt and honest with me and my perfumes)
    Admittedly, this smells better on me than in the bottle, so it must work with my body chemistry somehow.

Also, a little goes a long way with this one. It is not an overpowering scent, but it stays with me for the whole day. I can also smell it faintly on my scarf and coat as well even on days I am not wearing it, and it is really nice.

I find this to be good for fall and winter, so I use a different scent for spring/summer.

16 March, 2014

NineInchNell's avatar
    NineInchNell

This is about the vintage version of Miss Dior pure perfume, which is Extreme femininity and grace in a bottle.
    It's strength is an ability to conjure images of a simpler time, a time of bridge parties and hats and gloves on Easter Sunday, gardening among herbs and flowers wearing a dress.
    It evokes a memory when people didn't have to commute much, unrushed they Dressed to the Nines.
    Miss Dior is an elegant and simple Lady: well-manicured hands, hair curled in soft waves, soft-spoken and refined in speech. As spellbinding as freshly mowed lawns and a gardenia-strewn forest after a springtime rain. About memories spoken by mothers and grandmothers, never to return.
    The vintage version of Miss Dior is available online, at estate sales etc. in the formulas of extrait, perfume, cologne, eau de toilette, eau de parfum, powder and lotion. The vintage is available in everything from 1/8 ounce to two ounces for perfume. Unfortunately, the newer versions of this scent have remained mostly unrecognizable and generic. No pure perfume is available in the newer versions, or if it is it's almost impossible to find.

02 March, 2013

Darvant's avatar
    Darvant

A radiant aldehydic/mossy/aromatic jasmine-gardenia that still works great nowadays. A green bergamot-galbanum opening preludes to an axtremely refined fruity/floral aldehydic heart (with a patchouli backbone plus iris, rose, jasmine and gardenia) that leads the juice towards a powdery musky-mossy chypre vetiver base of extreme refinement and class. The dry down is extremely refined, typically chypre/aldehydic, and musky/boise. Restrained and classy.

17 October, 2012 (Last Edited: 04 March, 2014)

Red Theodora's avatar
    Red Theodora

I have never smelled the vintage of Miss Dior, but it is on my "to do" list. I have the current EDT version. I find it good, especially the drydown.

I also find to be a prim and spinsterish scent. While I usually love old fashioned fragrances - and certainly ones with oakmoss, this one will never be a favorite.

22 September, 2012

Lisa_Jane's avatar
    Lisa_Jane

My first ever bottle of 'proper' perfume, 1986, a present for my 16th birthday. I don't know about everyone else, but your first bottle of decent perfume is something of a love affair. I still love this, but it isn't as addictive as that first bottle, I'm not sure if it has been reformulated. Pity too that the original packaging has been re-marketed, I loved that black & white herringbone design on the bottle and box.

08 May, 2012

Fleurine's avatar
    Fleurine

This is the new EDP that I'm reviewing and I have never worn the older one BUT I think I might be one of the 2/1000000 people who are allergic to oak moss so I probably won't go out looking for that one...

The good news is this Miss can stand on her own merits...I feel like she is a less formal version of Chanel no.5, aldehydes and flowers and a bit of leather, it's true! The more I wear her, the more I like her...dated? Yes! Beautiful? Yes! And no relation to Miss Dior Cherie....

12 June, 2011

Add your review of Miss Dior Originale (previously Miss Dior)

Related Miss Dior Originale (previously Miss Dior) products on eBay