Miss Dior Originale (previously Miss Dior) (1947)
by Christian Dior

Miss Dior Originale (previously Miss Dior) information

Year of Launch1947

HouseChristian Dior
PerfumerJean Carles
PerfumerSerge Heftler Louiche
PerfumerPaul Vacher
Parent CompanyLVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton

About Miss Dior Originale (previously Miss Dior)

Miss Dior Originale (previously Miss Dior) is a feminine perfume by Christian Dior. The scent was launched in 1947 and the fragrance was created by perfumers Paul Vacher, Serge Heftler Louiche and Jean Carles

Miss Dior Originale (previously Miss Dior) fragrance notes

Reviews of Miss Dior Originale (previously Miss Dior)

Galbanum Aldehyde. Very sharp, very Aldehydic. I don't smell anything unique with this, it smells like many other aldehydic fragrances of the 40s-80s
14th October, 2016
The original Miss Dior was a soft, floral, feminine fragrance with a touch of high quality leather. I highly recommend the vintage original. I have not tried the new "Miss Dior Originale," so I have no idea how it compares to the vintage Miss Dior. Given the name, I expect that it is supposed to smell like the original Miss Dior; however, given IFRA regulations and reformulations, I rather doubt it smells exactly the same.

Dior has totally confused everyone with the renamings of "Miss Dior." As I understand it, the old "Miss Dior Cherie" has been reformulated and named simply "Miss Dior" eau de parfum now, much to the consternation of the "Miss Dior Cherie" lovers.

This review is for the current Miss Dior (new) which is a patchouli and citrus heavy fragrance. It smells nothing like Miss Dior Cherie's various instantiations, and it smells nothing like the vintage Miss Dior. It is a totally different fragrance altogether, and I believe it should have been given it a different name altogether. In any case, this review is for MISS DIOR eau de parfum (new or current version).

I wore Miss Dior (the original) in the 1980s, and it was truly lovely--a very delicate and feminine floral. Eons later, or so it seemed, I tried Miss Dior Cherie and found it to be completely different from the original and not to my liking at all. Miss Dior Cherie was not even remotely similar to the original Miss Dior I knew and loved. Miss Dior Cherie was extremely sweet, fruity, and teeny bopper smelling---nothing like the original Miss Dior.

Then, I discovered Miss Dior Le Parfum a couple of years or so ago at a department store. Now, Miss Dior Le Parfum (allegedly a limited edition fragrance) is a very nice, sophisticated amber and rose parfum worthy of the name Dior. It is gorgeous and definitely worth owning, so I ordered a 100 ml bottle on-line. Unfortunately, instead of Le Parfum, what arrived was Miss Dior (new) eau de parfum, and I am rather disappointed in this one due to the heavy patchouli and citrus notes which completely dominate the fragrance from start to finish.

Of the listed notes, I detect neither rose, jasmine, nor musk Miss Dior (new). As others have said before me, Miss Dior (new) reminds me a lot of Chanel Mademoiselle and Chanel Coco Noir, two other fragrances that are not to my taste, either, thanks to the heavy patchouli and citrus notes in both of them.

Miss Dior (new) is obviously a high quality fragrance for patchouli and citrus lovers, hence the thumbs up, but I find it to be rather linear. Its linearity combined with the heavy patchouli and citrus notes makes it somewhat less than likeable for me. I do not mind linearity, per se. For exmple, linear amber and sandalwood fragrances would be more to my taste. It is the strong, linear patchouli and citrus notes that ruin this fragrance for me.

Four small sprays on me last a solid six to eight hours before it turns into a skin scent. Projection and sillage are amazingly outstanding for the first four to six hours (I wish many of the fragrances I adore had this good of projection and sillage). I find it clings to clothing literally for days and days. This is a superior fragrance for patchouli & citrus lovers. The patchouli in this is quite clean, too. This incarnation of Miss Dior smells young and expensive, 'tis true, but it is not for me.

I think Miss Dior (new) is best used on cold days/nights. I do not think it is truly office friendly. It is best used for evenings out. Even two sprays are a bit much for day time use in my opinion.

Fragrance Quality: 10/10
Fragrance: 6/10
Projection: 9.5/10
Sillage: 9.5/10
Longevity: 10/10
28th April, 2016
Salutation.

A sophisticated and luxurious scent that evokes images of the epitome of feminine elegance and style, the whisper of fine silk in motion,opulence of cashmere and magnificent furs.Yes MISS DIOR.wonderful memories are associated with this fragrance. Legendary,Ladylike,Stylish,Classical,Unforgettable, Romantic,Generous and truly Timless.

It is classified as a luxurious,gentle floral fragrance that immediately diffuses from the skin because of its aldehyde nature.top aldehyde notes,a expertly bouquet heart including carnation,lily, jasmine and neroli and a warm mossy base of woods with labdanum creates a harmonized blend that is both fresh and sensual and also utterly feminine.

MISS DIOR is in the true sense of the word a ladylike's fragrance.I would recommend this fragrance out on a Dinner date or a Romantic evening.The fragrance can be worn year round especially in the Autumn/Winter. In conclusion a wonderful choice for a real lady.DIOR means CLASS.

Sillage?Great.

Longevity?Remarkable for a EDT.

09th July, 2015
Barbara Herman describes Miss Dior as "bruised flowers on a base of leather, moss, and patchouli, sliced with something sharp and green." It also has an animalic "dirty" note that makes it extremely daring and interesting for its time.

Dior always wore Coty's Chypre, which has a healthy dose of the tar noted Castoreum. It was this that inspired Miss Dior. Information provided by Roja Dove.

Top notes: Gardenia, Galbanum, Clary Sage
Heart notes: Jasmine, Rose, Neroli, Narcissus, Orris, Muguet, Eyelet, Carnation
Base notes: Patchouli, cistus-labdanum, Oakmoss, Ambergris, Sandalwood, Vetiver, Leather, Castoreum

The original is a masterpiece of florals emerging from dark, animalic, leather. The re-formulation smells like a lightly floral spice scent. Like night and day. Seek out only vintage.
20th October, 2014
rbaker Show all reviews
A gorgeous combination of galbanum and jasmine, both on an aldehyde blanket, make for a lovely traditional opening. Later on a balanced, soft patchouli is added that at times takes on a leathery note and gives the whole scent its chypre character. There is always elegance present, ands the quality of its components is unquestionably top-notch. Good sillage and projection with five hours of longevity. The newer reformulation is less dense, less rich and less complex, but still a respectable product.
04th September, 2014
Genre: Chypre

Don't let the name fool you - this is not a scent for little girls! Miss Dior goes on green, green, and green, with an intriguing bitter edge and just a hint of dry, aldehydic florals in the sillage. Floral and aromatic notes come quickly to the fore, but the crisp green edge on the scent endures. The accords brighten bit by bit, but without growing measurably sweeter.

Miss Dior's heart remains brisk, yet deep. Soft woods and powerful moss provide a firm foundation as the opening green notes begin to fade, but never becomes heavy. By the time I've worn it for a couple of hours Miss Dior has evolved into a very pleasing, dry, classically constructed chypre. Though it enters its drydown quickly, Miss Dior persists as a subtle skin scent for a few hours.

19th June, 2014

Add your review of Miss Dior Originale (previously Miss Dior)

Shop for Miss Dior Originale (previously Miss Dior) products online

Shop for Miss Dior Originale (previously Miss Dior) at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Miss Dior Originale (previously Miss Dior)

Member images of Miss Dior Originale (previously Miss Dior)

Miss Dior Originale (previously Miss Dior) News