Miss Dior Originale (previously Miss Dior) (1947)
    by Christian Dior

Average Rating: 4

Based on 272 ratings

Miss Dior Originale (previously Miss Dior) Fragrance Notes

Miss Dior Originale (previously Miss Dior) information

Miss Dior Originale (previously Miss Dior) is a women's fragrance by Christian Dior. The scent was launched in 1947 and the bottle was designed by Guéricolas

Shop for Miss Dior Originale (previously Miss Dior) products online

Reviews of Miss Dior Originale (previously Miss Dior)

Showing 1 to 6 of 56 reviews.

Way Off Scenter's avatar

Genre: Chypre

Don't let the name fool you - this is not a scent for little girls! Miss Dior goes on green, green, and green, with an intriguing bitter edge and just a hint of dry, aldehydic florals in the sillage. Floral and aromatic notes come quickly to the fore, but the crisp green edge on the scent endures. The accords brighten bit by bit, but without growing measurably sweeter.

Miss Dior's heart remains brisk, yet deep. Soft woods and powerful moss provide a firm foundation as the opening green notes begin to fade, but never becomes heavy. By the time I've worn it for a couple of hours Miss Dior has evolved into a very pleasing, dry, classically constructed chypre. Though it enters its drydown quickly, Miss Dior persists as a subtle skin scent for a few hours.

19 June, 2014

deadidol's avatar

This review is for the vintage EdT that comes in the houndstooth bottle.

The ghostly remains of a once charismatic chypre set against the toasted peanut backdrop of a statuesque sandalwood. The top notes are all but gone, and the aldehydes are hiding, but what remains is a delicate arpeggio of moss, sandalwood, and soft leather. Apparently, this bottle’s from the ‘70s, and the perfume is beyond fleeting on the skin, but it’s still pretty gorgeous. What’s left in this bottle may be long in tooth, but I imagine that it served up some real attitude in its heyday.

25 April, 2014

masamim10's avatar

This is my absolute favorite perfume!
    I have smelled/tried many different perfumes but this has never been beaten in my book.

Every time I smell this, I relax instantly and feel out of this world good.
    Whenever I put this on, I get compliments from people I know, people I don't know, friends, and family. My immediate family members are not exactly all that interested in or like perfume, but genuinely describes the scent as "pretty". (and believe me they are pretty blunt and honest with me and my perfumes)
    Admittedly, this smells better on me than in the bottle, so it must work with my body chemistry somehow.

Also, a little goes a long way with this one. It is not an overpowering scent, but it stays with me for the whole day. I can also smell it faintly on my scarf and coat as well even on days I am not wearing it, and it is really nice.

I find this to be good for fall and winter, so I use a different scent for spring/summer.

16 March, 2014

NineInchNell's avatar

This is about the vintage version of Miss Dior pure perfume, which is Extreme femininity and grace in a bottle.
    It's strength is an ability to conjure images of a simpler time, a time of bridge parties and hats and gloves on Easter Sunday, gardening among herbs and flowers wearing a dress.
    It evokes a memory when people didn't have to commute much, unrushed they Dressed to the Nines.
    Miss Dior is an elegant and simple Lady: well-manicured hands, hair curled in soft waves, soft-spoken and refined in speech. As spellbinding as freshly mowed lawns and a gardenia-strewn forest after a springtime rain. About memories spoken by mothers and grandmothers, never to return.
    The vintage version of Miss Dior is available online, at estate sales etc. in the formulas of extrait, perfume, cologne, eau de toilette, eau de parfum, powder and lotion. The vintage is available in everything from 1/8 ounce to two ounces for perfume. Unfortunately, the newer versions of this scent have remained mostly unrecognizable and generic. No pure perfume is available in the newer versions, or if it is it's almost impossible to find.

02 March, 2013

Darvant's avatar

A radiant aldehydic/mossy/aromatic jasmine-gardenia that still works great nowadays. A green bergamot-galbanum opening preludes to an axtremely refined fruity/floral aldehydic heart (with a patchouli backbone plus iris, rose, jasmine and gardenia) that leads the juice towards a powdery musky-mossy chypre vetiver base of extreme refinement and class. The dry down is extremely refined, typically chypre/aldehydic, and musky/boise. Restrained and classy.

17 October, 2012 (Last Edited: 04 March, 2014)

Red Theodora's avatar

I have never smelled the vintage of Miss Dior, but it is on my "to do" list. I have the current EDT version. I find it good, especially the drydown.

I also find to be a prim and spinsterish scent. While I usually love old fashioned fragrances - and certainly ones with oakmoss, this one will never be a favorite.

22 September, 2012

Add your review of Miss Dior Originale (previously Miss Dior)