Diorissimo (1956)
    by Christian Dior

Diorissimo Fragrance Notes

Shop for Diorissimo products online

Reviews of Diorissimo

Showing 1 to 6 of 58 reviews.

Wild Gardener's avatar
    Wild Gardener
    England England

I was recently sent a sample of Wild Hunt -CB I Hate Perfume, which I could only see as an anti perfume. That later made me realise that in the world of anti perfumes. Diorissimo is the grande dame.
    Diorissimo is a brilliant essay in scent matching, a very well realised excecution of the waxy, lemony, liliy type scent of Muguet, even with the undertone of sharp green foliage properly correct in there.
    But, is it a perfume?
    No. Not as I understand it.
    Like the smell of stale ditch water in WH, the smell of Muguet is a copy of nature, that simply reproduces what is there and doesn't add anything new.
    Its a very well done piece of craft work. But as a artistic creation it fails.
    As Coco Chanel said, women (or men for that matter) should not like a flower.
    I give it a neutral rating for the quality of excecution (of the original formulation.)
    Its a pity that such a great talent as Roudnitska should have spent so much time on his hands and knees in pursuit of such an endeavour, rather than creating another masterpiece.

09 November, 2013 (Last Edited: 21st March, 2014)

BetsyMeszaros's avatar
    BetsyMeszaros

Love this! So feminine and so springtime.

This was my first fragrance after I finished college and started my first job. A man I worked with said "that's not for a young girl you need something for a young girl". To me, Diorissimo screams young Victorian girl. Men were so chauvinistic back then. What was I suppose to wear at 23? Tinkerbell? Little Lady from the children's department. I ignored him and kept wearing this until I used up the entire bottle. By then I was on to Shalimar and other things.

A few years ago I smelled it on someone and once again fell in love. It still makes me feel very young heart and just screams springtime which is my favorite season. The lilly of the valley is very strong and may not be everyone's cup of tea.

Usually wear this in the early spring and summer.

Pros: Beautiful floral that smells young at heart.
    Cons: Almost too floral to some but not me.

23 May, 2013

Mrs Purple's avatar
    Mrs Purple

It was bought for me but whereas I loved the initial hit, like being pelted with fresh flowers, it very quickly smelled 'wrong'. Just didn't suit me :(

30th March, 2013

iivanita's avatar
    iivanita
    Croatia Croatia

New diorissimo opens up very synthetic:-) , i am just not hue fan of lily of the valley or muguet, because it smells too green for my taste, cold (I'm a jasmine lover), synthetic note with that aquatic feel of lilac, and lily too, all the flowers with very intensive characteristic smells, that also smell coldish

It dries down into something musky clean modern, not huge fan of this unfortunately, reminds me of calyx type of scents:-)

19 March, 2013

bnusr's avatar
    bnusr

I find Diorissimo extremely severe. If i were to wear it on a cold day I'd feel very bleak. It's like certain authors whose wit is penetrating, ascerbic and merciless. Agatha Christie comes to mind rather than Bret Easton-Ellis though, because Diorissimo is decorous. So I wear it to formal daytime things of an official nature where vigilance and steeliness are desirable, and only in spring. That doesn't sound very complimentary does it; actually this perfume is in my very soul, irrevocably, and its place there is deeply cherished. It's just that I could never be an elegant early 1960s twinset dominatrix, which is what Diorissimo evokes for me.

01st January, 2013

frug's avatar
    frug

Diorissimo is one of the only two women’s perfumes I wear. Its lilly of the valley is so singular and evocative it’s as if, while hiking in a wood, I snapped off a wild stem and stuck it in my shirt pocket. There will always be a place in my wardrobe for this lovely creature.

18 September, 2012