Diorissimo (1956)

HouseChristian Dior
PerfumerEdmond Roudnitska
Parent CompanyLVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton

About Diorissimo

Diorissimo is a feminine perfume by Christian Dior. The scent was launched in 1956 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Edmond Roudnitska

Diorissimo fragrance notes

Reviews of Diorissimo

This was one of my mother's stand by scents, and I used to try it every so often. I remember not liking it at all - I guess it didn't fit my youthful notion of what perfume should be like - I thought it smelled like nettles or grass. It does have a beautiful green side which I started to love in my late teens. The lily of the valley is lovely, and the greenness keeps any cloying sweetness away. I love how it's so green but not obviously citrussy, although the notes do include bergamot. It really does have a fresh sunny morning in cool of the shady woods feeling, and sends me out the door feeling refreshed and ready for anything.
19th July, 2017
Diorissimo was my mother's signature scent. She flirted with other perfumes, and kept a good half dozen on her vanity, but once she discovered Diorissimo in the early 1980s she wore it almost exclusively. So when she died 15 years ago, I inherited what was left of her collection, including an almost full bottle of the EDT and an unopened box of the parfum. But this scent was so deeply ingrained in my memory of her that I knew I would not be able to sniff the bottles, much less wear what was inside of them. They've languished in my perfume drawer ever since, safe from the light, from extremes of temperature, from the world at large.

A few weeks ago, though, I decided that enough was enough. I wanted to see what these juices smelled like. The memory of my mother was not the only thing that came rushing back to me. I was reminded all over again why florals are my favorite category of perfume.

Of all the gorgeous floral compositions Iíve known and loved, nothing quite compares to Diorissimo. Not because itís a photorealistic recreation of lily of the valley, not because itís beautiful, not because itís easy to wear. But because of the way in which its dominant note impacts the composition as a whole, acting as a kind of conductor to a full orchestra of floral notes, whose overarching purpose is to convey what springtime in a bottle might smell like, both in the literal sense of the word and as an abstraction. It's a mind-blowingly assured composition, as effective on an artistic and emotional level as any perfume I've ever experienced. And I hate to think what's been done to it.

18th June, 2017
I bought this for my wife but she didn't like it, so I wear it. I like to wear Lily of the Valley scents in early May (this or Carillon pour un Ange, which is more woody). It brings memories of my mother and sisters picking Muguet in the park of Guermantes. I find it more herbal than floral, and very wearable for a man.

Update: my wife smelled it on me and took back the bottle. I like when she wears it.
03rd May, 2017 (last edited: 07th November, 2017)
The boyfriend says that this smells like Raid bug spray, and complains whenever I wear it.

Clearly he's crazy and his nose is defective, because it's a beautiful crisp, clear, sharp, slightly prim floral.
19th September, 2016
A very ladylike scent.this is a lovely white floral perfume if you like lily you will like this one. Diorissimo is all about flower,strong but innocent at the sametime.it smells like a flower garden dominated by lily and jasmine.refined and very feminine,intense and long lasting but not overbearing.Sophisticated, Classy,Elegant,Soapy,Classic,Clean,Sublime and Timeless.

This perfume has a combination with the top notes of citrusy and green notes that is strong,a elegant floral heart of jasmine,lily,lilac,ylang ylang on a warm and woody base notes of sandalwood and civetthe atmosphere instantly becomes dreamy upon inhaling their emanations.perfect for women who wants to smell fresh whole day or for a first date or as it makes you feel sweet and romance.an absoloutely heavenly scent.

Sillage?Admirable.

Longevity?Satisfactory on my skin.

7.5/10

29th May, 2016
If there were a fairyland in the world, it would smell like Diorissimo - redolent of innocence, purity and uncomplicated happiness.

It was the first perfume I bought when I was a teenager. I am still enchanted by its clear delicate scent which just likes walking through a forest with lilies of the valley in bloom. Even it is perfect for spring, its ethereal character works well in winter when the air is crisp and cold.

Vintage parfum review.
05th May, 2016

Add your review of Diorissimo

Shop for Diorissimo products online

Shop for Diorissimo at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Diorissimo

Member images of Diorissimo

There are no member images of Diorissimo yet. Why not be the first?