Diorissimo (1956)

HouseChristian Dior
PerfumerEdmond Roudnitska
Parent CompanyLVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton

About Diorissimo

Diorissimo is a feminine perfume by Christian Dior. The scent was launched in 1956 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Edmond Roudnitska

Diorissimo fragrance notes

Reviews of Diorissimo

Lily of the valley, jasmine, lilac, all stand out in this. A bit strong on me so i use it sparingly
09th June, 2018
(For the extrait/parfum, a 1980 bottling)

This strikes me as a stripped-down floral done to near perfection with high quality materials. The opening is almost tropically floral without leaning into fruit punch territory (no surprise to see ylang listed). Rich, lush, deep - all without feeling heavy or cloying. In fact, it's alarmingly light and airy at the same time. I find it hard to describe this contradiction.

It prominently features a full-bodied lily of the valley note which is also not cloying, as it sometimes can seem to me. This lends a beautiful, crisp, dewy white/green vibe without feeling too stuffy. I found the tropical ylang to burn off fairly quickly, at which time the LotV pretty much takes over. There is a woody backbone to this that brings to mind sandalwood, not as a featured note but rather part of the matrix, providing attachment points for the florals.

Beautiful stuff. While very floral-forward and feminine (as far as my tastes go), if I had a craving for a LotV scent, I'd have no problem breaking this out and dabbing some on while I'm out and about on a spring day. It is also very much a time-machine scent. We had a large patch of LotV in my front yard growing up. My mom was a flower/gardening nut, as well as a wearer of this perfume oil called Rain from a local apothecary (funny enough was called Lily's of the Alley) which was primarily a LotV soliflore, but way more heady/rubbery than this. It takes me back.
25th March, 2018
I smelled this on a colleague. It’s not very interesting, the only thing that projected with lilly of the valley. It smells good, though.
30th December, 2017
The Window by Henri Matisse 1916
14th December, 2017
80's Vintage Extrait

Crikey! A big wallop of Muguet. Similar breathtaking, send your head spinning, burst of Yeasty Floral as Lutens Purple Sarrasins. It differs in that Civet grabs the nose hairs and folds the path into a magical land, through of the Month of May.
Galbanum draws one into the fresh Green-ness. Those little White flowers, set against the bright lushness, have me feeling, I am being devoured.
Nostalgic whispers of my Maternal Grandmother, who loved all of the Lily family, particularly the Muguet.
She was Viking fierce with her love and although I appreciated her fragrant sillage, I was a little frightened of her, as a youngster.
With Diorisimmo, one needs to be comfortable with a little of the LOV Progesteronic Feminine strength.
Being an extrait, a half an hour in and I am captivated by the slightly soapy, billowing halo that surrounds my corpus. Here, I can recognize the Roudnitska Symphonic orchestration. Diorisimmo treats the LOV with the respect that it deserves.
For myself, I would tend to take my Muguet, in the likes of it's note in Eucris etc.
This scent is made for Women, who are most Feminine and carry a core of burning fierceness, within an exterior, slightly cool.
Recommended in 80's Vintage, surely.
30th November, 2017
This was one of my mother's stand by scents, and I used to try it every so often. I remember not liking it at all - I guess it didn't fit my youthful notion of what perfume should be like - I thought it smelled like nettles or grass. It does have a beautiful green side which I started to love in my late teens. The lily of the valley is lovely, and the greenness keeps any cloying sweetness away. I love how it's so green but not obviously citrussy, although the notes do include bergamot. It really does have a fresh sunny morning in cool of the shady woods feeling, and sends me out the door feeling refreshed and ready for anything.
19th July, 2017

Add your review of Diorissimo

Shop for Diorissimo products online

Shop for Diorissimo at online perfumeries

DIORISSIMO CHRISTIAN DIOR 3.4 FL oz / 100 ML EDT Spray Sealed Box

End Date: Wednesday Mar-20-2019 12:03:00 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $99.99
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Christian Dior Diorissimo 1oz Vintage Ref 8403 Women's Parfum (1/2 Full)

$14.99 (0 Bids)

CHRISTIAN DIOR DIORISSIMO EAU DE TOILETTE SPRAY 3.4 OZ WHITE BOX

End Date: Thursday Mar-21-2019 12:29:43 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $80.00
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Christian Dior Diorissimo 100ml Eau de Toilette Vaporisateur Parfum pour elle CF

End Date: Thursday Mar-21-2019 12:50:28 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $157.50

Christian Dior Diorissimo 10 ml 0.3 oz mini EDT perfume 18Dec1-trendymoon2018

End Date: Thursday Mar-21-2019 12:53:57 PDT
Bid now | Add to watch list

OLD FORMULA Christian Dior DIORISSIMO 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray RARE 50% FULL

End Date: Thursday Mar-21-2019 17:09:16 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $75.00
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Poison by Christian Dior *Esprit de Parfum* Spray (1 fl oz 30ml)-----MOSTLY FULL

$150.00 (0 Bids)