Diorissimo (1956)

HouseChristian Dior
PerfumerEdmond Roudnitska
Parent CompanyLVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton

About Diorissimo

Diorissimo is a feminine perfume by Christian Dior. The scent was launched in 1956 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Edmond Roudnitska

Diorissimo fragrance notes

Reviews of Diorissimo

If there were a fairyland in the world, it would smell like Diorissimo - redolent of innocence, purity and uncomplicated happiness.

It was the first perfume I bought when I was a teenager. I am still enchanted by its clear delicate scent which just likes walking through a forest with lilies of the valley in bloom. Even it is perfect for spring, its ethereal character works well in winter when the air is crisp and cold.

Vintage parfum review.
05th May, 2016
Diorissimo hits on all four cylinders of that that perfect, silvery, moist springtime scent of living blooms that come from bulbs that bloom around Easter time where I live: lilies, as well as hyacinths, jonquils, and narcissi . . . . It strikes that perfect singular pitch and puts it out, for hours on end. The illusion of moisture and life this scent produces is uncanny.

Despite its singular note and linear style, I never find Diorissimo tiresome in the way I often do with other (more-or-less) soliflore fragrances. It's completely wearable, a jeans-and-pearls scent that works all year long. It's uplifting, but not annoyingly cheerful; and it's elegant, but not stiflingly prim. It has to be the lilies, the magical, impossible transformation of the lilies, those familiar plants that grow in the yard, into this rarified liquid, that allows Diorissimo to hit exactly the right spot between comfort and luxury.
27th March, 2016
I notice that there are quite a few notes listed for this perfume, but honestly, to my nose, this one smells almost entirely like a realistic lilac soliflore! Lilac is really all I can smell in "Diorissimo", aside from the fact that there is also an odd plastic-smelling (or latex balloon) note as well (to my nose anyway) but fortunately that only lasts maybe 15 minutes at the most and then fades out and disappears. If the plastic note actually lasted I probably would have only given this one a neutral rating, but I love the smell of lilac so much that I just can't help giving this a thumbs up!
This really is a beautiful scent that truly reminds me of warm sunny weather and spring time, and just makes me feel good. It's very lovely and feminine, and I recommend it to everyone unless you just can't stand the smell of lilacs! I know I have met at least a few people who fall in that latter category, but if that's not you then I highly recommend trying a sample of this at least once! Personally, I love lilacs, and it's so hard to find a good perfume that predominantly smells like this! It really does not seem to be a popular scent! So, if you're like me, and you've always found that disappointing then you really need to try "Diorissimo!"
I will also add that I'm actually testing this perfume from a sample tube I bought online, so I'm not sure if what I'm wearing right now is a vintage fragrance or not? If it is, you may have to search ebay and other online specialty stores for this one, since I'm not sure if Dior actually still produces and sells this perfume or not! Still, it's worth trying. I definitely give it a thumbs up! Very beautiful scent!
08th December, 2015
Like a fresh magnolia blossom. It makes me love-drunk when I smell this perfume.
26th January, 2015
Muguet (Lily of the Valley) can be sharp and true, as in nature, or softened with other florals to become easier on the nose. Truists for this scent, like those for vetiver, often side with the sharp and true, although there are many softer versions available.

This is pure muguet, starting sharp and metallic, then muddling with other florals, and settling down to its single muguet note.

For those who like this truist approach, Diorissimo is for you. I prefer the softer approach - Caswell Massey's Lily of the Valley/Coty's Muguet de Bois.

Top notes: Calyx, Bergamot
Heart notes: Muguet, Jasmine, Lilac, Boronia, Ylang, Rose, Amaryllis
Base notes: Rosewood, Sandalwood, Civet

The bottle is spectacular, a Baccarat crystal vase, topped by bronze flowers with a gold wash.
22nd October, 2014
Diorissimo is one of my favourite floral perfumes: lily of the valley is joined by touches of jasmine, ylang ylang and green notes to create an all time classic. I prefer the Parfum and Eau de Toilette strengths: the newer Eau de Parfum has definitely been altered and isn't nearly as fresh smelling. The now discontinued Espirit de Parfum was lovely, as were all the beautiful bath products.

I have seen several comparisons between Diorissimo and Caron's Muguet du Bonheur, but I really not see the similarity. To me, Muguet du Bonheur is far more a jasmine perfume, whereas Diorissimo is predominantly lily of the valley.
30th July, 2014

Add your review of Diorissimo

Shop for Diorissimo products online

Shop for Diorissimo at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Diorissimo

Member images of Diorissimo

There are no member images of Diorissimo yet. Why not be the first?