Diorissimo Eau de Toilette (1956)
by Christian Dior

Diorissimo Eau de Toilette information

Year of Launch1956

HouseChristian Dior
PerfumerEdmond Roudnitska
Parent CompanyLVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton

About Diorissimo Eau de Toilette

Diorissimo Eau de Toilette is a feminine perfume by Christian Dior. The scent was launched in 1956 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Edmond Roudnitska

Diorissimo Eau de Toilette fragrance notes

Reviews of Diorissimo Eau de Toilette

Lily of the valley, jasmine, lilac, all stand out in this. A bit strong on me so i use it sparingly
09th June, 2018
(For the extrait/parfum, a 1980 bottling)

This strikes me as a stripped-down floral done to near perfection with high quality materials. The opening is almost tropically floral without leaning into fruit punch territory (no surprise to see ylang listed). Rich, lush, deep - all without feeling heavy or cloying. In fact, it's alarmingly light and airy at the same time. I find it hard to describe this contradiction.

It prominently features a full-bodied lily of the valley note which is also not cloying, as it sometimes can seem to me. This lends a beautiful, crisp, dewy white/green vibe without feeling too stuffy. I found the tropical ylang to burn off fairly quickly, at which time the LotV pretty much takes over. There is a woody backbone to this that brings to mind sandalwood, not as a featured note but rather part of the matrix, providing attachment points for the florals.

Beautiful stuff. While very floral-forward and feminine (as far as my tastes go), if I had a craving for a LotV scent, I'd have no problem breaking this out and dabbing some on while I'm out and about on a spring day. It is also very much a time-machine scent. We had a large patch of LotV in my front yard growing up. My mom was a flower/gardening nut, as well as a wearer of this perfume oil called Rain from a local apothecary (funny enough was called Lily's of the Alley) which was primarily a LotV soliflore, but way more heady/rubbery than this. It takes me back.
25th March, 2018
I smelled this on a colleague. It’s not very interesting, the only thing that projected with lilly of the valley. It smells good, though.
30th December, 2017
The Window by Henri Matisse 1916
14th December, 2017
80's Vintage Extrait

Crikey! A big wallop of Muguet. Similar breathtaking, send your head spinning, burst of Yeasty Floral as Lutens Purple Sarrasins. It differs in that Civet grabs the nose hairs and folds the path into a magical land, through of the Month of May.
Galbanum draws one into the fresh Green-ness. Those little White flowers, set against the bright lushness, have me feeling, I am being devoured.
Nostalgic whispers of my Maternal Grandmother, who loved all of the Lily family, particularly the Muguet.
She was Viking fierce with her love and although I appreciated her fragrant sillage, I was a little frightened of her, as a youngster.
With Diorisimmo, one needs to be comfortable with a little of the LOV Progesteronic Feminine strength.
Being an extrait, a half an hour in and I am captivated by the slightly soapy, billowing halo that surrounds my corpus. Here, I can recognize the Roudnitska Symphonic orchestration. Diorisimmo treats the LOV with the respect that it deserves.
For myself, I would tend to take my Muguet, in the likes of it's note in Eucris etc.
This scent is made for Women, who are most Feminine and carry a core of burning fierceness, within an exterior, slightly cool.
Recommended in 80's Vintage, surely.
30th November, 2017
This was one of my mother's stand by scents, and I used to try it every so often. I remember not liking it at all - I guess it didn't fit my youthful notion of what perfume should be like - I thought it smelled like nettles or grass. It does have a beautiful green side which I started to love in my late teens. The lily of the valley is lovely, and the greenness keeps any cloying sweetness away. I love how it's so green but not obviously citrussy, although the notes do include bergamot. It really does have a fresh sunny morning in cool of the shady woods feeling, and sends me out the door feeling refreshed and ready for anything.
19th July, 2017

Add your review of Diorissimo Eau de Toilette

Shop for Diorissimo Eau de Toilette products online

Shop for Diorissimo Eau de Toilette at online perfumeries

DIORISSIMO by Christian Dior Eau De Toilette Spray 1.7 oz (Women)

End Date: Wednesday Dec-11-2019 6:05:57 PST
Buy It Now for only: $76.89
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

DIORISSIMO by Christian Dior Eau De Toilette Spray 3.4 oz (Women)

End Date: Wednesday Dec-11-2019 6:13:25 PST
Buy It Now for only: $110.28

DIORISSIMO by Christian Dior For Women - Eau De Toilette Spray 1.7 oz

End Date: Wednesday Dec-11-2019 7:19:20 PST
Buy It Now for only: $83.88
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

DIORISSIMO BY CHRISTIAN DIOR EAU DE TOILETTE SPRAY 100 ML / 3.4 FL.OZ. NEW (T)

End Date: Wednesday Dec-11-2019 10:24:26 PST

CHRISTIAN DIOR Diorissimo Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml

End Date: Thursday Dec-12-2019 1:57:10 PST
Buy It Now for only: $125.99
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

CHRISTIAN DIOR Diorissimo Eau De Toilette Natural Spray mini Perfume, 7.5ml, NEW

$34.04 (0 Bids)