Poison (1985)

PerfumerJean Guichard
Parent CompanyLVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton
Parent Company at launchMoet Hennessy

About Poison

Poison is a feminine perfume by Christian Dior. The scent was launched in 1985 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Jean Guichard

Reviews of Poison

Poison is not my jam: it's thick, sweet, spicy, but most of all: heavy. The flowers are heady and heavy, the spices are suspended in a thick ooze of amber, the vanilla is rich and heavy, there's a slightly tart, plummy note, but even that is heavy. The whole fragrance is like someone playing a piece of music hitting every note with the same ferocious intensity; monotonically overwhelming. It does have a gothic appeal though, so I do get why some people may love it, but I'll happily leave it to them to pull this off.
03rd November, 2017
The opening of Poison was challenging for me, and seemed more feminine than unisex, but within an hour it settled into an agreeable dryer sheet smell.
04th July, 2017
The original EdT.Poison from Christian Dior Paris had smell so good,strongly. But now smell changed. It has orange smell when dry down.
30th June, 2017
This Is gorgeous. Of course. I just purchased samples of both the vintage and the latest versions. I'm a tuberose lover. But poison can hide the tuberose and make it less obvious with the coriander.

Unfortunately, I fell in love with the vintage one (smelled blindly). It's softer, it has a more powdery feel. It caresses your skin. So simple, and yet so elegant and elaborate. But it has less sillage than the modern version.

I think the modern one has more coriander, and the vintage fragrance more opoponax.
20th April, 2017
Femme Fatale potion. I've always had this; I always will. Whenever I wear it I think of a quote from a movie, "Black as midnight, black as pitch, blacker than the foulest witch."

05th March, 2017
Exotic, seductive, captivating...Christian Dior's Poison is a classic elixir with an amazing mix of notes:

* Top: Coriander, Plum, Wild Berries, Anise, Brazilian Rosewood
* Heart: Carnation, Jasmine, African Orange Flower, Opoponax, Cinnamon, Incense, Rose, Honey
* Base: Vetiver, Musk, Sandalwood, Vanilla, Virginia Cedar, Amber, Heliotrope

I continue to be amazed at how sexy this perfume is, and I will never tire of it!
03rd March, 2017

Add your review of Poison

Shop for Poison products online

Shop for Poison at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Poison

Member images of Poison

There are no member images of Poison yet. Why not be the first?