Tendre Poison (1994)
    by Christian Dior

Average Rating: 3.5

Based on 126 ratings

Tendre Poison information

Tendre Poison is a women's fragrance by Christian Dior. The scent was launched in 1994 and the bottle was designed by Veronique Monod

Reviews of Tendre Poison

Showing 1 to 6 of 17 reviews.

drseid's avatar

*This is a review of the vintage original formula.

Tendre Poison goes on with a very fresh, light rosewood and effervescent citric bergamot orange before moving to its heart. As the composition enters its early heart the rosewood recedes as a dusty rose joins fresh, green freesia in support of the emerging tuberose that takes control of the composition with a dry honeyed undertone. During the late dry-down the honeyed tuberose vacates revealing the relatively dry vanilla and slightly animalic musky co-starring tandem with subtle, dry sandalwood and slightly lemony vetiver support through the finish. Projection is excellent to near outstanding and longevity excellent at over 12 hours on skin.

I am sure everyone reading this is sick of my constant praise for the great Edouard Flechier, but prepare yourself for more of it here. I must sound like a broken record when I say over and over again that this guy is the most consistently good living perfumer, but vintage Tendre Poison proves his winning streak continues. Unlike so many flankers that capitalize on prior successful masterpieces, only to prove nothing like them (and frequently are awful smelling), there is a definite link here to Flechier's masterpiece, vintage Poison. That said, the perfumer has taken the great Poison fragrance foundation and changed it, making vintage Tendre Poison more light, fresh and green than the original while maintaining all of its charms. Some, (not I), felt that vintage Poison was just too heavy and powerful for easy wear... My guess is those folks should be giving this one a sniff to see if it solves their issues with the original. No, vintage Tendre Poison doesn't wimp out and turn into Poison-lite, instead it freshens the composition through quite deft use of green freesia and a much less dense dry honeyed tuberose than one might expect. The end result is still quite potent, but a lot easier to wear daily. Even the musky dry vanilla focused late dry-down works extremely well with its hints of lemony vetiver and sandalwood peeping through from time-to-time to give it a bit of an edge. The composition from top-to-bottom is absolutely incredible smelling, and while I still prefer the original vintage Poison by a hair, vintage Tendre Poison has proved its near-equal, and that is saying something. I think it is safe to say I believe both compositions are mandatory additions to one's collection. The bottom line is the sadly discontinued vintage Tendre Poison sells for about $115 per 100ml bottle on the aftermarket and is worth every penny and then-some, earning a "near-masterpiece" rating of 4.5 stars out of 5 and an extremely strong recommendation to all. Bravo Mr. Flechier!

09th April, 2015

dlane1953's avatar

A little too much of everything to be a standout

I don't know the age of this sample, although I know the fragrance has been discontinued for a number of years.

A few weeks ago I sampled vintage Poison and thought it was dreadful. Reluctant to punish my nasal passages so soon after that experiment, I delayed sampling this one for a few weeks. Although I prefer this to the original Poison, I can't really muster up any enthusiasm for it, either. It's slightly watery, slightly sour, slightly fruity, slightly sweet, and greenish. I guess I have to say that it tries to be many things but succeeds at being nothing special, at least to my nose. (My apologies to those who adore it.) Am I missing something?

Sillage is huge, longevity seems good, but I scrubbed it off aftet 3 hours. This is a "fail" for me.

Pros: Huge sillage
    Cons: Unfocused. A 'grab-bag' of notes"

21st September, 2013

Scent-imental's avatar

This is one of my favourites, i'm not really fond of florals, so was surprised by quite how much i adored this one, it just lifted me into a realm of Laura Ashley dresses, Parasols, and a stroll around a summer garden, in a big floppy hat.

But its not a soft romantic floral, its a big, gutsy, strong bouquet, thrust right in your face. Good sillage, and longevity. No shoving my neck at people with this one.

It was my signature perfume, and i bought 3 bottles of it, its just so beautifully feminine and greeny floral, then very warm at the base, lasts for ever, and has me smelling my wrists constantly.

Lately i've been equally obsessed by Hypnotic Poison, but having read that Tendre Poison is now discontinued, i have searched the net and found an online store selling the EDT for 34.09 (pounds sterling) for 100 ml, and i am very nervously awaiting its arrival, that seems ridiculously cheap, and i consider myself to have been robbed, with no parcel coming to the door. If i get a delivery, then I'll feel i got a bargain, and will post a link to the shop, as they ship worldwide.

Can't wait to wear it again

20th September, 2011

CStevens's avatar

I am hoping that Dior will hear all the response in regards to this fragrance and BRING IT BACK........ I have used this fragrance since it was first introduced and I love it. once it was put on the discontinued list I searched some of the smaller merchants and was able to purchase two bottles which I have streatched out for some time (since it does not take much of this to be pronounced and in the air). I am still looking and hope to possibly find more....... I like the other poison options, but there is not one comparable to the TENDRE version.......

23rd August, 2011

blood-orange's avatar

Interesting fragrance I must say.

Following in the footsteps of the original Poison, Tendre Poison is strong, outstanding, bold and definitely not something for the shy.

This fragrance is edgy, unique and strangely exquisite. Tendre Poison is like a massive jumble of woods, musk, vanilla, citrus, sweet honey and white florals, which surprisingly works.

The sillage is incredibly strong, almost enough to knock someone out with one spray, but it is because of this that I love it so.

I find something raw and oddly sexual about this scent, perhaps almost tropical and jungle-like. It has that ability to release the animalistic instincts that are hidden deep beneath our exteriors. An extremely arousing and rich fragrance which I personally recommend to the women of this world that dare to be different

04th June, 2011

thatsmr2usir's avatar

It is sad that this has been discontinued.. A let down for all Poison fans. However the name of this fragrance is misleading. There is NOTHING really Tender about this Poison.. It comes out very strong almost harsh with it's bright boast of floral bouquet. It is like walking in the amazon seeing the rainfall in the distance, as you stumble upon a green tree you grab a branch but do not notice that hidden on the branch is a green mamba! ( snake ) It strikes @ you the moment you grab the branch. This is exactly how Tender is. Lovely, yet deceiving. It stays floral throughout it's life with wet green pastures lingering along. A see a mature woman wearing this beauty in the spring/summer days. Classy this is, & it last all day on me @ least 10+ hours & it projects very nicely. If you can find this, I say nab it before it becomes extinct! The vintage version is preferred if you can get it.

28th May, 2011

• 7 Bid(s)
    • Time Left: 1 day
    HIGHEST BID
    Ebay United States
    (Shipping from Hong Kong)
    TENDRE POISON EAU DE TOILETTE EDT SPRAY (1 OZ.) BY CHRISTIAN DIOR
    Tendre Poison by Christian Dior Pure Parfum 30 ML/1 OZ Spray
    • Listing Type: Buy it Now
    • Time Left: 13 days
    Ebay United States
    (Shipping from United Arab Emirates)
    Rare Christian Dior Tendre Poison 3.4oz 100ml Eau de Toilette No Box
    • Listing Type: Buy it Now
    • Time Left: 5 days
    (Shipping from United States)
    CHRISTIAN DIOR Mini Perfume GIFT SET &KEYCHAIN Tendre/Poison/Dune/Dolce Vita BOX
    • Listing Type: Auction
    • 5 Bid(s)
    • Time Left: 2 days
    HIGHEST BID
    (Shipping from United States)
    CHRISTIAN DIOR TENDRE POISON EAU DE TOILETTE SPRAY 50 ML / 1.7 OZ. (T)
    • Time Left: 7 days
    Dior Homme by Christian Dior Cologne 3.4 oz EDT Spray Men
    • Time Left: 5 days

Member images of Tendre Poison

There are no member images of Tendre Poison yet. Why not be the first?