Tendre Poison (1994)

PerfumerEdouard Flechier
PackagingVeronique Monod
Parent CompanyLVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton

About Tendre Poison

Tendre Poison is a feminine perfume by Christian Dior. The scent was launched in 1994 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Edouard Flechier. The bottle was designed by Veronique Monod

Reviews of Tendre Poison

drseid Show all reviews
*This is a review of the vintage original formula.

Tendre Poison goes on with a very fresh, light rosewood and effervescent citric bergamot orange before moving to its heart. As the composition enters its early heart the rosewood recedes as a dusty rose joins fresh, green freesia in support of the emerging tuberose that takes control of the composition with a dry honeyed undertone. During the late dry-down the honeyed tuberose vacates revealing the relatively dry vanilla and slightly animalic musky co-starring tandem with subtle, dry sandalwood and slightly lemony vetiver support through the finish. Projection is excellent to near outstanding and longevity excellent at over 12 hours on skin.

I am sure everyone reading this is sick of my constant praise for the great Edouard Flechier, but prepare yourself for more of it here. I must sound like a broken record when I say over and over again that this guy is the most consistently good living perfumer, but vintage Tendre Poison proves his winning streak continues. Unlike so many flankers that capitalize on prior successful masterpieces, only to prove nothing like them (and frequently are awful smelling), there is a definite link here to Flechier's masterpiece, vintage Poison. That said, the perfumer has taken the great Poison fragrance foundation and changed it, making vintage Tendre Poison more light, fresh and green than the original while maintaining all of its charms. Some, (not I), felt that vintage Poison was just too heavy and powerful for easy wear... My guess is those folks should be giving this one a sniff to see if it solves their issues with the original. No, vintage Tendre Poison doesn't wimp out and turn into Poison-lite, instead it freshens the composition through quite deft use of green freesia and a much less dense dry honeyed tuberose than one might expect. The end result is still quite potent, but a lot easier to wear daily. Even the musky dry vanilla focused late dry-down works extremely well with its hints of lemony vetiver and sandalwood peeping through from time-to-time to give it a bit of an edge. The composition from top-to-bottom is absolutely incredible smelling, and while I still prefer the original vintage Poison by a hair, vintage Tendre Poison has proved its near-equal, and that is saying something. I think it is safe to say I believe both compositions are mandatory additions to one's collection. The bottom line is the sadly discontinued vintage Tendre Poison sells for about $115 per 100ml bottle on the aftermarket and is worth every penny and then-some, earning a "near-masterpiece" rating of 4.5 stars out of 5 and an extremely strong recommendation to all. Bravo Mr. Flechier!
09th April, 2015
I absolutely love this perfume.... last year I had a 'Pure Poison' bought for me for christmas, and I dont like it at all.... its chucked in my drawer at work just in case I need a freshen up.
I would love to get my hands on some more Tendre, and if I find it I am gonna get the biggest bottle I can find...

I ordered a dupe called Tendre Poizon from Perfume Parlour.......its AMAZING....

I know this scent and I know that this is a perfect dupe.... I am not normally into dupes, but as I love this scent so much.... needs must, so I got it and its perfect.....happy me!
22nd November, 2014 (last edited: 01st December, 2014)
A little too much of everything to be a standout

I don't know the age of this sample, although I know the fragrance has been discontinued for a number of years.

A few weeks ago I sampled vintage Poison and thought it was dreadful. Reluctant to punish my nasal passages so soon after that experiment, I delayed sampling this one for a few weeks. Although I prefer this to the original Poison, I can't really muster up any enthusiasm for it, either. It's slightly watery, slightly sour, slightly fruity, slightly sweet, and greenish. I guess I have to say that it tries to be many things but succeeds at being nothing special, at least to my nose. (My apologies to those who adore it.) Am I missing something?

Sillage is huge, longevity seems good, but I scrubbed it off aftet 3 hours. This is a "fail" for me.

Pros: Huge sillage
Cons: Unfocused. A 'grab-bag' of notes"

21st September, 2013
This is one of my favourites, i'm not really fond of florals, so was surprised by quite how much i adored this one, it just lifted me into a realm of Laura Ashley dresses, Parasols, and a stroll around a summer garden, in a big floppy hat.

But its not a soft romantic floral, its a big, gutsy, strong bouquet, thrust right in your face. Good sillage, and longevity. No shoving my neck at people with this one.

It was my signature perfume, and i bought 3 bottles of it, its just so beautifully feminine and greeny floral, then very warm at the base, lasts for ever, and has me smelling my wrists constantly.

Lately i've been equally obsessed by Hypnotic Poison, but having read that Tendre Poison is now discontinued, i have searched the net and found an online store selling the EDT for 34.09 (pounds sterling) for 100 ml, and i am very nervously awaiting its arrival, that seems ridiculously cheap, and i consider myself to have been robbed, with no parcel coming to the door. If i get a delivery, then I'll feel i got a bargain, and will post a link to the shop, as they ship worldwide.

Can't wait to wear it again
20th September, 2011
I am hoping that Dior will hear all the response in regards to this fragrance and BRING IT BACK........ I have used this fragrance since it was first introduced and I love it. once it was put on the discontinued list I searched some of the smaller merchants and was able to purchase two bottles which I have streatched out for some time (since it does not take much of this to be pronounced and in the air). I am still looking and hope to possibly find more....... I like the other poison options, but there is not one comparable to the TENDRE version.......
23rd August, 2011
Interesting fragrance I must say.

Following in the footsteps of the original Poison, Tendre Poison is strong, outstanding, bold and definitely not something for the shy.

This fragrance is edgy, unique and strangely exquisite. Tendre Poison is like a massive jumble of woods, musk, vanilla, citrus, sweet honey and white florals, which surprisingly works.

The sillage is incredibly strong, almost enough to knock someone out with one spray, but it is because of this that I love it so.

I find something raw and oddly sexual about this scent, perhaps almost tropical and jungle-like. It has that ability to release the animalistic instincts that are hidden deep beneath our exteriors. An extremely arousing and rich fragrance which I personally recommend to the women of this world that dare to be different
04th June, 2011

Add your review of Tendre Poison

Shop for Tendre Poison products online

Search Amazon for Tendre Poison

Member images of Tendre Poison

There are no member images of Tendre Poison yet. Why not be the first?