Hypnotic Poison (1998)

HouseChristian Dior
PerfumerAnnick Menardo
Parent CompanyLVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton

About Hypnotic Poison

Hypnotic Poison is a feminine perfume by Christian Dior. The scent was launched in 1998 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Annick Menardo

Hypnotic Poison fragrance notes

Reviews of Hypnotic Poison

I won't describe it, there are enough reviews for it. It deserves one more positive review though. This is a long-time favorite of mine and I couldn't live without it.
13th April, 2017
Almond and deep vanilla. The reformulation isn't horrible but it lacks the spicy, interesting punch of the original. Better than most of the candy vanillas on the market today, but not full bottle worthy at full price.

Lasts for hours, but on me, becomes a skin scent in about 45 minutes.
18th March, 2017
Salutation.

HYPNOTIC POISON is One of the best Oriental-Vanilla.It is Truly all about what I Expect from This Kind of fragrances.A Warm Sweet Vanilla scent in a very Distinctive Bottle. Classy, Gorgeous,Powerful,Seductive,Feminine, Sophisticated,Irresistible,Hypnotic and a Beautiful Masterpiece.

HYPNOTIC POISON is a Perfect Illustration of Special DIOR Style and All notes are at a Perfect harmony too. A Rich Combination of Spice notes, Sweet Vanilla,Romantic Flowers and Bitter almond Makes it An Delicious Elixir of the Senses and Gives You Confidence when You walk Somewhere. The Vanilla is quite Dominant.

It is Perfectly suited for COLD weather and perfectly warming to the Heart. It is not for a Lady who is not daring Enough.Perfect for a queen in ROMANTIC moments. If you are Looking for a Head Turner or a Fragrance for Men Seduce try it you will Love it.HP is A real Magnet and worth Every penny you pay for it.

Sillage?Ok.

Longevity?Excellent on my skin.

22nd April, 2015
Caraway and play-doh heliotrope. I couldn't stand this on my skin. There is a weirdness to this note that isn't appealing at all. There is a fragrance beneath this that speaks of a sophistication, though it is drowned out by play-doh, a heliotrope synthesis gone bad, I suppose. But really, the formulation itself also comes across with a synthetic glamour and a certain obviousness.
It might work great on someone in their 20's, as long as that play-doh note doesn't arise. I remember that time in my life - I loved an air of sophistication, without knowing what the hell that was. I wanted something that smelled good to me, and fit in with what my friends wore. It didn't go much beyond that. I came into perfume appreciation through the back door, through essential oils, because it turned out I love fragrances. But I didn't start there and wasn't looking for complexity then. I'm still that way to a lesser degree. One-star or five, they still have to beguile me. I won't wear a fragrance I don't personally like, no matter how well thought of they are. It's just that my standards have risen.
So really, what went wrong with this one was that caraway/play-doh note, not a lack of originality.
17th April, 2015 (last edited: 04th May, 2015)
My first impression of this went something like, 'Ah, a nice & bold vanilla scent, but is it really hypnot- ohhh. There it is!' Something in this concoction tickles the very back of your nose and gives you a lightheaded sensation, similar to that satisfaction you feel after a good sneeze. Mmm.. Sexy, dark and heavy. It's got a boozy quality, as well (I was certain it had to be bourbon vanilla before I read the notes more closely). To me, this smells almost exactly like Yves Rocher's Vanille Noire (which somehow, I discovered first). Lastly, this juice packs a serious punch - it lasts all day. Absolutely deserving of its name.
06th April, 2015
My bottle of the Hypnotic is old. Like probably first-edition old.
I love it.
When I first bought it, I wore it a lot. Even an office mate cribbed my perfume (if/when the odd chance occurs in which someone asks what fragrance I'm wearing, I tell).
Lookit: you really do not need my take on the listed notes, 'cause they were all there.
Okay. So, anyway, what I'd like to share with you is what my old bottle 'turned' (aged) into:
only the most incredible, beautiful, jaw-droppingly gorgeous jasmine perfume EVER!
Well, that I have smelled, anyway.
So, money well spent.
I can't speak as to the current formulation; haven't smelled it/them.
12th January, 2015 (last edited: 13th January, 2015)

Add your review of Hypnotic Poison

Shop for Hypnotic Poison products online

Shop for Hypnotic Poison at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Hypnotic Poison

Member images of Hypnotic Poison

There are no member images of Hypnotic Poison yet. Why not be the first?