J'Adore (1999)

PerfumerCalice Asancheyev-Becker
PerfumerFrançois Demachy
Parent CompanyLVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton

About J'Adore

J'Adore is a feminine perfume by Christian Dior. The scent was launched in 1999 and the fragrance was created by perfumers François Demachy and Calice Asancheyev-Becker

Reviews of J'Adore

This review is for J'Adore Touche, given to me as a 1 ml sample. It's a muskier version of Jardins de Bagatelle, tuberose rich and the rest all thrown in. Nothing new here but very nice.
29th November, 2016
A pretty, cheery and subtle floral. Slightly sweet but shows good taste. Light, nothing heavy here. Cute, clean and fun. If lightly applied it sits close to the skin and indeed becomes a good, somewhat sexy skin scent for a woman.
12th November, 2016
I thought it would be another clean-smelling scent that doesn't stand out from a bunch of other scents from people on the streets, but it turns out that I haven't got bored of the scent after wearing it for two months! Maybe the chemistry really works well with the weather of the city I currently live in--hot and humid--and this white-floral scent makes me feel so refreshed every time I wear it. Recommend for spring and summer.
03rd July, 2016
I'm a sucker for everything jasmine-tuberose, but what made me keep this one -which I understand is the love/hate note- is the pear note, and what I love the most is the drydown.

J'adore is an amazing blend of delicate and sweet, but also vibrant and sexy soft floral, fruity, musky notes.

At first I felt the fruity note a bit sharp to the point of making my eyes itchy, but after an hour or so, the musky drydown made me fell for it.

Let me put it this way: at first, it's a glamorous post-shower clean, but then it mutates into a flapper girl with a glass of sweet summer white wine in hand, lounging by the pool.

I feel I can wear this -I acually do, as a matter of fact- with jeans+white top and I feel dressed. It's a summer scent, perfect for casual wear, night or day. Lasts about 8 hours on my skin.
08th April, 2016
Kotori Show all reviews
I don't think this is for me, because it is very popular, and very floral. However, I tried it on my skin for the first time today after years of passing it by without a thought, and there is something old-world feminine about it. There is a classic structure reminiscent of Diorella and Mitsouko, but with a brighter, more linear effect. It is sunny without being shrill. On the card, the ylang ylang and tuberose screech. On my skin, however, the fruit ripens, and I get a mezzo-soprano voice with mellow vibrato and a hint of dark edges. I think I could wear this. I understand what people say when they say it smells like shampoo, but I think that's a chicken-or-egg issue. I think J'Adore must've inspired some of the functional perfumery in the last decade and a half since its release.
22nd November, 2015
Oviatt Show all reviews
This is fine French perfumery brought up to date--feminine, sunny and chic, this is a perfect representation of the brand as it is today--a (perhaps THE) great couture house, still relevant in the current day. A fruity floral with Ylang, rose, jasmine and tuberose, lightened by aldehydes and anchored with sandalwood, this is a textbook composition done right. Does it shout for attention? Does it stand out in a crowd? No, but a woman wearing J'Adore will always be one of the best smelling women in the room. Wonderful packaging and marketing, with the beautiful Charlize Theron, sunny, chic and feminine herself, perfectly representing this lovely offering from the House of Dior.
29th October, 2015

Add your review of J'Adore

Shop for J'Adore products online

Shop for J'Adore at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for J'Adore