Dior Addict (2002)

HouseChristian Dior
PerfumerThierry Wasser
Parent CompanyLVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton

About Dior Addict

Dior Addict is a feminine perfume by Christian Dior. The scent was launched in 2002 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Thierry Wasser

Dior Addict fragrance notes

Reviews of Dior Addict

I have had a mini of the original edition of Addict for years. But I disliked the scent for a long time and only kept the mini for the bottle. The fragrance seemed to evoke images of creepy tropical plants in my mind.

Recently I got the urge to revisit it in the process of finding the ideal spicy vanilla fragrance. Despite my previous dislike I remembered it would fit the bill. Now I can't understand why I didn't enjoy it sooner. All my favourites are strange dark orientals. But I got there in the end.

Obviously, the quality and lasting power are amazing even with the most conservative application. What caught me by surprise was that Addict feels like a darker moodier version of Chanel Allure EDP. I compared their respective notes - they do have several in common: orange blossom, jasmine, woody notes and vanilla. Where Allure is luminous and sunny, Addict is gothic and strange in its beauty. (That dark strange quality is also very prominent in Dior's Hypnotic Poison Elixir.) But I detect a "family" resemblance unlike Allure's official relative Sensuelle.

I'm happy to have finally seen the light about Addict. Maybe it's good it took me this long. It's no longer used by every other person, so I get to enjoy it in peace. Even better I found a partial bottle of the original formula on ebay for pennies, considering what it is. Happy days!
17th May, 2015
Salutation.

Another awesome fragrance by DIOR.Everything about ADDICT speaks of Seduction and Opulence.A staple in a Seductress Collection.It is all of my favorite elements to make a real Oriental fragrance and has a Sweet Spice that attracts men to you. Mysterious,Enticing,Queenly,Heavy,Deep, Provocative,Sultry and Addictive.

Mandarin Leaf and Blackberry introduce the scent which fades into a Rose,Jasmine and Orange Blossom heart spiced and sandalwood,tonkabean and vanilla to give a naughty wink beneath as it represents the essence of womanly passion and leaves a Passionate smell even when you have left the room.

The dry down is really Glamorous and Superb.This DIOR EDP is definitely a Winter type fragrance.Suitable for SPECIAL occasions in WINTER EVENINGS. If you re looking for a Great Oriental fragrance ADDICT might be your new fragrance but it is not for Everyone then test it first.

Sillage?Ok.

Longevity?Excellent on my skin.

7.5/10
22nd April, 2015
Reminds me of Kenzo Amour - less gourmand, more floral
07th April, 2015
I had the same unpleasant experience as Montagne, though at a Perfumania shop in a mall. He said it well - the silly flankers, the discombobulation of the many generic smells. It made Dior Addict seem rich by comparison, almost a relief from the sheer banality - all the cheap, tarted-up bottles on display in mirrored trays, synthetic colored juices. It was a disconnecting experience, while actual perfume testing and wearing should be all about a connection.
So what did this disconnect in a perfume store produce? A bad choice. What seemed blessedly rich in that atmosphere in actuality is surprisingly thin with little complexity, and a cheap one note vanilla. The fragrance it becomes fairly quickly is a watered down version of sultry - it doesn't have enough notes or complexity to even begin to smoulder, let alone cause a fire in anyone.
I had little patience with it, so I took the store and the name ('Addict'? - not even) out of the equation. I found it to be a somewhat characterless but semi-pleasant ambery vanillic comfort fragrance. Dior Addict is a good match for the store I purchased it in, and is a perfect reflection of banality presented as depth, mystery, and art. Not terrible by any means, just entry-level. I have the edt - it seems the richer edp would improve the experience of Addict.
09th March, 2015
Genre: Oriental

Dior Addict’s coconut cream and floral top notes may be blatantly synthetic and crassly “foody,” but I can’t help liking them. The white flower-infused vanilla pudding that follows is no less crude, but I’m ashamed to admit that I like that, too. I guess I’ve always been outrageously gauche in my tastes, but my responses to Dior Addict drive the point home. (Burps, grunts, scratches his groin…)

In composing Addict Thierry Wasser has executed the same brilliant gambit that Olivier Cresp did a decade earlier in Angel; pushing an intensely sweet floral/gourmand composition through the looking glass of vulgarity and into a realm of alternate dimension beauty. While the two fragrances smell nothing alike, the trick works just as well for Dior as it did for Mugler. Addict may smell dumb but beautiful, and it’s easily as loud as an Airbus on the runway, but examine it with care and you’ll find a very clever and subtly executed construct.
12th June, 2014
I bought this for my wife at an airport duty-free, after exhausting all the other possibilities. By this time, my nose was tired. Assistants were chasing me around with a dish of coffee beans. Others were spraying foul ozone/calone concoctions on my lapel. I was clutching a handful of un-labelled test strips, and had forgotten which was which.

I was also discombobulated by the silly aggregation of flankers either side of Addict. Or, if not actually discombobulated, as Wodehouse might have said, I was far from bobulated.

Addict this, Addict that, Addict the other. Indecypherable labelling. Impenetrable packaging.

So, I bought the wrong thing.

Linear vanilla, of the Walls Ice Cream variety. Not enveloping, or awakening. Insignificant white flowers. No skeleton, no structure, on which to hang the accents, which are in any case absent.

My wife believes that I adore this fragrance on her. Hell, I bought it for her. I don't want her to think it was an ill-executed afterthought.

It truth, however, it neither adds nor subtracts from her allure. It is innocuous.

05th February, 2014

Add your review of Dior Addict

Shop for Dior Addict products online

Shop for Dior Addict at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Dior Addict

Member images of Dior Addict

There are no member images of Dior Addict yet. Why not be the first?