Dior Addict (2002)

HouseChristian Dior
PerfumerThierry Wasser
Parent CompanyLVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton

About Dior Addict

Dior Addict is a feminine perfume by Christian Dior. The scent was launched in 2002 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Thierry Wasser

Dior Addict fragrance notes

Reviews of Dior Addict

Gorgeous fragrance. Deep, heavy; with amazing longevity and sillage. Absolutely favourite.
14th January, 2017
Not my cup of tea but absolutely gorgeous creation , heavy , dirty , cheeky , non - gourmand vanilla ..Monster sillage and projection .
06th October, 2016
Rich & creamy vanilla with a spicy citrus punch. Delectable, sensuous, warm.. with a bit of a dark, seductive quality. Though it only has a few notes, it seems like a much more complex scent. Incredible longevity, as well.
13th June, 2016
I have the 2002 EDP,and its a masterpiece. King of Vanilla scents, in my book. And I call it 'a King', because its very unisex to me....I know MANY male scents that are wayyyy sweeter and far more floral than this.

I also gave the 2014 EP, which is a lot more heavy handed with the orange blossom and green notes. But it STILL hasnt lost its original integrity. Which is to say, its not far away from the original. Its just dialed up a tic, with florals.
25th January, 2016
I have had a mini of the original edition of Addict for years. But I disliked the scent for a long time and only kept the mini for the bottle. The fragrance seemed to evoke images of creepy tropical plants in my mind.

Recently I got the urge to revisit it in the process of finding the ideal spicy vanilla fragrance. Despite my previous dislike I remembered it would fit the bill. Now I can't understand why I didn't enjoy it sooner. All my favourites are strange dark orientals. But I got there in the end.

Obviously, the quality and lasting power are amazing even with the most conservative application. What caught me by surprise was that Addict feels like a darker moodier version of Chanel Allure EDP. I compared their respective notes - they do have several in common: orange blossom, jasmine, woody notes and vanilla. Where Allure is luminous and sunny, Addict is gothic and strange in its beauty. (That dark strange quality is also very prominent in Dior's Hypnotic Poison Elixir.) But I detect a "family" resemblance unlike Allure's official relative Sensuelle.

I'm happy to have finally seen the light about Addict. Maybe it's good it took me this long. It's no longer used by every other person, so I get to enjoy it in peace. Even better I found a partial bottle of the original formula on ebay for pennies, considering what it is. Happy days!
17th May, 2015
Salutation.

Another awesome fragrance by DIOR.Everything about ADDICT speaks of Seduction and Opulence.A staple in a Seductress Collection.It is all of my favorite elements to make a real Oriental fragrance and has a Sweet Spice that attracts men to you. Mysterious,Enticing,Queenly,Heavy,Deep, Provocative,Sultry and Addictive.

Mandarin Leaf and Blackberry introduce the scent which fades into a Rose,Jasmine and Orange Blossom heart spiced and sandalwood,tonkabean and vanilla to give a naughty wink beneath as it represents the essence of womanly passion and leaves a Passionate smell even when you have left the room.

The dry down is really Glamorous and Superb.This DIOR EDP is definitely a Winter type fragrance.Suitable for SPECIAL occasions in WINTER EVENINGS. If you re looking for a Great Oriental fragrance ADDICT might be your new fragrance but it is not for Everyone then test it first.

Sillage?Ok.

Longevity?Excellent on my skin.

7.5/10
22nd April, 2015

Add your review of Dior Addict

Shop for Dior Addict products online

Shop for Dior Addict at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Dior Addict

Member images of Dior Addict

There are no member images of Dior Addict yet. Why not be the first?