Dior Addict (2002)

Average Rating: 3.5

Based on 352 ratings

Dior Addict Fragrance Notes

Dior Addict information

Dior Addict is a women's fragrance by Christian Dior. The scent was launched in 2002

Shop for Dior Addict products online

100ml EdP
    100ml EdT
    50ml EdP

Reviews of Dior Addict

Showing 1 to 6 of 83 reviews.

Way Off Scenter's avatar

Genre: Oriental

Dior Addict’s coconut cream and floral top notes may be blatantly synthetic and crassly “foody,” but I can’t help liking them. The white flower-infused vanilla pudding that follows is no less crude, but I’m ashamed to admit that I like that, too. I guess I’ve always been outrageously gauche in my tastes, but my responses to Dior Addict drive the point home. (Burps, grunts, scratches his groin…)

In composing Addict Thierry Wasser has executed the same brilliant gambit that Olivier Cresp did a decade earlier in Angel; pushing an intensely sweet floral/gourmand composition through the looking glass of vulgarity and into a realm of alternate dimension beauty. While the two fragrances smell nothing alike, the trick works just as well for Dior as it did for Mugler. Addict may smell dumb but beautiful, and it’s easily as loud as an Airbus on the runway, but examine it with care and you’ll find a very clever and subtly executed construct.

12 June, 2014

montagne's avatar

I bought this for my wife at an airport duty-free, after exhausting all the other possibilities. By this time, my nose was tired. Assistants were chasing me around with a dish of coffee beans. Others were spraying foul ozone/calone concoctions on my lapel. I was clutching a handful of un-labelled test strips, and had forgotten which was which.

I was also discombobulated by the silly aggregation of flankers either side of Addict. Or, if not actually discombobulated, as Wodehouse might have said, I was far from bobulated.

Addict this, Addict that, Addict the other. Indecypherable labelling. Impenetrable packaging.

So, I bought the wrong thing.

Linear vanilla, of the Walls Ice Cream variety. Not enveloping, or awakening. Insignificant white flowers. No skeleton, no structure, on which to hang the accents, which are in any case absent.

My wife believes that I adore this fragrance on her. Hell, I bought it for her. I don't want her to think it was an ill-executed afterthought.

It truth, however, it neither adds nor subtracts from her allure. It is innocuous.

05 February, 2014

Captain's avatar

At first it's a huge sugary berry bomb, it's my least favourite phase but then within an hour it's dried down to a no less sweet warm vanilla, berries dusted with powdered sugar and jasmine. Less jasmine as time goes on and the last phase lasts a long time. This is quality perfume.

It's sweet, creamy and luxe, I love it! Reminds me of so many fruity celebrity perfumes but this isn't too fruity or unbalanced and it has wonderful longevity. Dior Addict is worth the price!

06 December, 2013 (Last Edited: 24 March, 2014)

Darvant's avatar

Such type of fragrance i always like to smell around and to inebriate me with but that never would dare to purchase or to bring as a gift to my beloved one. Dior Addict is delicious and almost edible (yes sultry, carnal, may be erotic) but is finally "amorphous", inoffensive and "deliciously banal", something lacking luxuriousness, real class, full texture and eventually naughtiness (or mysteriousness), something finally linear and monolithic, an aroma you would like to smell over your pillow before to sleep (or over your wool sweater in the course of a lonely cozy evening at home while outside a storm is in a full swing) but that i would never see as ideal over my woman along a special evening at a gala or at theater (in order she to let a femme fatal image) nor as a casual choice along an ordinary day. It starts with a blast of "scattered" and slightly humid fruity/floral elements (citrus, mostly mandarine, blackcurrant and rose ) and ends with an "unsyrupy" but "moderately sweet" and pleasant amber/tobacco-vanille and powdery sandalwood. Creamy, vanillic, white and with a subtle and rounded tobacco vein. A more than decent concoction, confortable, balanced, never cloying, synthetic in a tollerable way but nothing revolutionary or gorgeous. Good projection and durability over my skin.

08 November, 2013

Brooke's avatar

First wore this when a sample was given to me. Liked it, used it.
    Just around the time the sample was almost gone, I found myself looking for more, wanting more, and no other perfume seemed to fill the void. I ended up giving in and purchasing a large bottle. Later on, I found myself buying a smaller bottle for travel. While I am far from being "addicted", I often find myself craving the indescribable warmth and all-encompassing aura that only Addict seems to evoke for me.
    I love wearing it for an evening out, and find it has the same effect as diamonds. Great with (faux) fur! As a woman in her early 30s it strikes me as seriously mature and devilishly young at the same time. Lasts a long time and leaves beautiful fragrance memories in garments worn.
    Far from cheap, I find this fragrance gives off an instant richness and classiness, a feeling of opulent elegance and citrusy refinement, notes that impress you and imply a certain level of status, right before you find yourself melting into an unrivalled smokey warmth, with such blatant sexual overtones you soon become aware that you are in overt seduction territory, and yet the balance is one of "sophisticated dirtiness" - the tonka/vanilla and spiciness arouse an almost spiritual vibe, not exactly mysterious - but deep and warm and dark and cozy. Too comforting to be dangerous, yet too dangerous to be comforting. This fragrance is captivating, and simply beautiful. Pairs well with cold weather, evening outings, elegant attire, and deserving romances.

22 March, 2013

jeanbean7777's avatar

Amazing scent. LOVE this one. Dark, gothic and bewitching beautiful night perfume. The drydown is like visiting heaven. Stays on my skin 18 hours. Vanilla and white flowers dance together seductively. There is a synthetic type smell in the flowers called queen of the night flower and silk flower. Very different, sexy and beautiful. Only 2 sprays or you will ruin its effect. You have to try this on your skin because it doesnt work for most. Thank god it works for me cuz its the best smell in the perfume store. 10/10

12 March, 2013

HIGHEST BID
    Addict 2 for Women by Christian Dior EDT Spray 1.7 oz ~ NEW IN TESTER BOX
    • Time Left: 2 days
    (Shipping from United States)
    CHRISTIAN DIOR - DIOR ADDICT SHINE EAU DE TOILETTE EDT 3.4 / 3.3 oz *NEW UNBOXED
    • Time Left: 28 days
    HIGHEST BID
    Dior ADDICT Eau de Toilette Mini Purse Sample Travel Fragrance 5 ml/0.17 oz
    • Time Left: 17 days
    (Shipping from United States)
    Christian Dior Dior Addict 3.4oz New In Box. Original Metallic Box!!
    • Time Left: 20 days