C'est La Vie (1990)

HouseChristian Lacroix
Parent CompanyInter Parfums
Parent Company at launchLVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton > Christian Dior

About C'est La Vie

C'est La Vie is a feminine perfume by Christian Lacroix. The scent was launched in 1990

Reviews of C'est La Vie

I received a gift of this perfume when I attended a local hospital benefit that was held at Nordstrom's grand opening in Paramus, NJ. I loved it! At first I thought the bottle was strangely shaped then I realized that it was in the shape of a heart with valves (or blood vessels, I'm not sure) for the stopper. I thought it was a great idea for a hospital benefit.

I loved this perfume. It had a strong initial scent for me of orange blossoms that transported me immediately to Florida during the orange blossom season when my parents would be traveling by car past the orange groves to visit my Grandparents. I have always loved the heady scent of the Florida air at that time of year, so strong with the scent of the orange blossoms that you could cut it with a knife. The perfume would morph for me from there to a layered variety of other notes for me each of them I loved.

In fact that only thing that I didn't like about this perfume was it's staying power. It had none. Which is why, I have been told that it didn't sell well and was discontinued. I was very disappointed by that. C'est La Vie is only one of two perfumes that I have liked and the nature of the original scent of the other one (Ciara) has changed over the years.

I would be a buyer if they would come out with an improved version of this perfume.
03rd February, 2014
Very nice scent for calm winter days where you want to appreciate rich and heady notes in front of the fire...

The intial spritz is loud and perfumey and takes you back to the 90`s...heavy blusher and red luscious lips come to mind...

After an hour or so, the scent settles down into a very pleasant floral mix which is uncommon and certainly keeps your attention till the very end; settling down beautifully with woody and musky notes

Big Thumbs up...!
15th January, 2011
I used to own this back in the early 90's and I absolutely loved it. Granted, heavy and sweet but in an original way. I recently found a 7ml miniature bottle for sale on line and decide to buy. Apparently, my tastes are different now, but getting a sniff of my early 20's was very touching.
11th December, 2007
I loved this one as it was the first perfume I owned as an adult. A friend gave it to me on my birthday right after it was released. Wearing its slightly fruity floral made me feel ever so feminine - and even a bit glamourous! I am sad that it has been discontinued as I would love to sniff and be whisked back to those heady days of being very young. Interesting bottle that resembled a human heart.
07th January, 2007
This one was one of my favorites back in the early 90's. Too bad it got discontinued. The bottle was a bit funky but had a nice design. The best of this one was , of course, the smell. Even to this day i remeber it as being very interesting floral, like nothing done before. It felt fun and refreshing with a bit of sweetness, given by the fruits in it. It also has musks and some woods.Why did they decide to discontinue this one and go cheap and crass with the bazar line? i don't know. It has an ambery-spicy quality too that dries down very nicely.
16th January, 2006

Add your review of C'est La Vie

Shop for C'est La Vie products online

Search Amazon for C'est La Vie

Member images of C'est La Vie

There are no member images of C'est La Vie yet. Why not be the first?