No. 1 for Women (2001)

Year of Launch2001

HouseClive Christian
PerfumerPatricia Choux

About No. 1 for Women

No. 1 for Women is a feminine perfume by Clive Christian. The scent was launched in 2001 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Patricia Choux

Reviews of No. 1 for Women

My wife tried this on yesterday whilst we were out shopping.

All I got was a very powdery, generic type smell.

Pretty much stayed the same all the way through, longevity was poor as well, after around 3 hours it was gone.

I firmly believe this is just a gimmick for people with more money than sense.
17th October, 2014
Pineapple, rose, jasmine, mirabelle , ylang ylang ,rose, carnation , sandalwood. ( I am sure there is a chock load more but these are the ones that stand out to me and in my memory . )

I was almost afraid to try out Clive Christian's 'most expensive perfume' because well who wants to fall in love with the most expensive perfume in the world and fork over $900 + after tax ?
I don't know about you but ,being the perfume fiend, I tend to evaluate everything in terms of bottles of scent. I think of how many other really good scents I could get for that one bottle of Clive Christian No .1 ......I guess I am not their target group !

This is a floral aldehyde scent of the biggest oomph you can imagine. if I complained about the longevity of X ..well there are no problems with No.1.
No .1 is a sweetly tart pineapple puff of the lightest pastry that has been shoved into your face and you have no choice but to breathe it. It is not a realistic pineapple but a huge impression of what perfumey pineapple may be . After this dramatic opening , light- cream ylang ylang creeps into it calming down the fruit explosion ,broadening out the scent and then the Clive Christian rose- jasmine accord appears . The rose-jasmine accord is a very distinct aroma -totally unlike a Chanel rose-jasmine accord which is sweeter and muskier. The CC accord is lighter, airy ,tarty and at first, frankly- weird. A whiff of carnation is stuffed into No. 1 along the way .
All this ends in a soft sandalwood base . The dry down is infinitely more comfortable to the nose and no doubt, everyone around you (!) .

No.1 is a really distinct fragrance. Once you smell it, you will never forget it - whether you like it or not. Perfumed pineapples on LSD , a 'funky' rose-jasmine thread and a soft sandalwood cushion is No.1 . It is an overstuffed aldehyde fruit cushion .

I am relieved to say though I am huge lover of aldehydes , No. 1 is really not me. I find it a stiff perfume - not sensual .
Hence my husband may stop pulling his hair out for the time being and stop hiding his credit card from me.
26th June, 2012
Ok...it seems #1 is getting some negative press on this site and I must say that how this scent settles on you makes all the difference in the world. It is quite powerful upon application but once you let it dry down it's BEYOND MAGNIFICENT....at least on ME!!! This is my most prized scent and at $860 per bottle (it'll soon be going up into the THOUSANDS!) I use it only on special occasions. It has an almost "royal" smell to it...all the notes coordinate to make for one spectacular scent.
01st November, 2009
the clive christian range is what i think turin refers to when he writes that nowadays it became possible to spend so much more and get so much less.
30th August, 2008
I've now tried all of his scents several times and I am the least impressed with this one. I found it powerfully unpleasant and certainly not worth the price!
09th October, 2006
I was finally able to obtain a sample of Clive Chrisian No. 1, the most expensive perfume in the world. I found it sweet and cloying at first. It took several hours, but ultimately became soft, white-flowery, with a touch of powder. Once mellowed, I found it to be a nice, above average scent, with good lasting ability. My co-workers were less impressed. As to the price? You can find scents that will give you more pleasure for much less money.
20th April, 2006

Add your review of No. 1 for Women

Shop for No. 1 for Women products online

Shop for No. 1 for Women at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for No. 1 for Women

Member images of No. 1 for Women

There are no member images of No. 1 for Women yet. Why not be the first?